Hawk sez

BrandoFan

I wouldn't go that far...if you really are an astute baseball fan, you will in fact learn new things every year

agreed, last week or so, I think it was aboz that pointed out, if a run scores on a DP, the batter does not get an RBI. I didn't know that until then, just an example ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Boers and WSCR took the comments a touch out of context. I think they make a whole lot more sense when you realize Hawk was including himself in the "nobody knows baseball" comment, and especially in the fact that it was made in regards to the Rangers being better without A-Rod.

I'll agree that the comments about "never playing the game" are over the top, and gets old when anybody says it.

But for the most part I think Hawk's comments weren't as bad as some are playing them out to be

one quote i remember specifically was somethin like

"Me and You (DJ) have been around the league 70 some years and we hardly know the game and when we die what we know will only be a scratch on the surface of the game"

:lol:

What is this? A brilliant expose by Franz Kafka?

Come on Hawk, it's just baseball. I love it to death, but there is only so much to know about the game.

If he really wants to make an argument that he doesn't know shyte about baseball then he should say all of baseball boils down to physics and he doesn't know jack rabbit about physics. However, we all know that's not what he means.

Hawk...lol.

i watched the game, had NO PROBLEM whatsoever with his comments. I agreed with them. Everyone is just blowing this up and taking it OUT OF CONTEXT... hawk shouldnt have to apologize for something he never did.

Damnit! I would pick this week to start a new job so I can no longer hear Boers and Bernsie on the radio. Looks like I missed some great appointment radio today. :crying

BTW, I didn't take Hawk's comments too seriously. I just wish he would've ripped into Mariotti's show, not Boers.