Reinsdorf Article

HighHeat45

I saw Reinsdorf last year in the BPB. It was way after the game ended and I was hanging out with my friends(one of em was on leave from army)

He seemed like a pretty cool guy. I was like JERRY we need some pitching and he said tell me about it...these guys are gonna give me a fricken heart attack.

Any team would be blessed to have an owner like Cuban. He turned a franchise that was the pits, into a place where everyone wants to play. He has LCD screens with DVD players in EVERY locker. He treats the players to a life of luxury, and he treats them with respect. The best part is, he does the same for the fans of Dallas also. He responds to emails, he sits in the crowd every game, he gives out free chalupas to everyone when the Mavericks hit the 100 point mark. He worked at Dairy Queen for a day and served over 400 people for a charity. We could only be so lucky to have an owner that cared half as much as he does.

Any team would be blessed to have an owner like Cuban. He turned a franchise that was the pits, into a place where everyone wants to play. He has LCD screens with DVD players in EVERY locker. He treats the players to a life of luxury, and he treats them with respect. The best part is, he does the same for the fans of Dallas also. He responds to emails, he sits in the crowd every game, he gives out free chalupas to everyone when the Mavericks hit the 100 point mark. He worked at Dairy Queen for a day and served over 400 people for a charity. We could only be so lucky to have an owner that cared half as much as he does.

Charity is one aspect that the White Sox do very, very well in. They have given millions of dollars, and then some to the local communities. They have rebuilt countless baseball field in the Chicagoland area, the Sox wives do a big food drive every year etc.

JR might have a lot of faults, but giving back to Chicago isn't one of them.

I wasn't speaking specifically on giving money. I know Jerry does well with that, he even does decent spending money on salaries, as hard as it is for most to admit. I'm talking about getting closer to the fans, being around and listening to fans.

I wasn't speaking specifically on giving money. I know Jerry does well with that, he even does decent spending money on salaries, as hard as it is for most to admit. I'm talking about getting closer to the fans, being around and listening to fans.

I know that was the blunt of your message, and that is why I didn't say anything to it. Just the last couple lines made it sound like the Sox don't give back, when in fact they do far more than any other professional team in town. That was all I wanted to address.

Personally I don't blame him. There have been some pretty s***ty things said about him, and a LOT of misconceptions about his role in the organization. If I were him I wouldn't want to be the punching bag either.

Personally I don't blame him. There have been some pretty s***ty things said about him, and a LOT of misconceptions about his role in the organization. If I were him I wouldn't want to be the punching bag either.

So why not change that perception? I believe he does not want to get close because he would have to fullfill an obligation to put more money into the team and have a winner each year. Actually, I don't care if he talks to me or not, but I do care if he cares. He comes off as an unfriendly guy. For instance, my boss, Bill Gates, is the richest man in the US sometimes the world depending on the day. He donates (personally)about a half a billion dollars a year to causes around the world, Microsoft donates about 1.2 billion a year. Who knows about that? Do you folks feel any better or more inclined to buy the software because he is trying to vaccinate Aids children in africa, or feed the hungry in bangledesh. No, you don't care about that. That won't make you buy more of the product. You care about the virus attacks and how we stop it, or you care about the price of the product. Same goes here. Jerry needs to talk to his people more and explain more. He or his close army, needs to constantly be selling the product. Customers like owners who care. It gets them invested.

Not picking on you!

So why not change that perception? I believe he does not want to get close because he would have to fullfill an obligation to put more money into the team and have a winner each year. Actually, I don't care if he talks to me or not, but I do care if he cares. He comes off as an unfriendly guy. For instance, my boss, Bill Gates, is the richest man in the US sometimes the world depending on the day. He donates (personally)about a half a billion dollars a year to causes around the world, Microsoft donates about 1.2 billion a year. Who knows about that? Do you folks feel any better or more inclined to buy the software because he is trying to vaccinate Aids children in africa, or feed the hungry in bangledesh. No, you don't care about that. That won't make you buy more of the product. You care about the virus attacks and how we stop it, or you care about the price of the product. Same goes here. Jerry needs to talk to his people more and explain more. He or his close army, needs to constantly be selling the product. Customers like owners who care. It gets them invested.

Not picking on you!

I know you're not.

And I understand what you're saying. Maybe if the shooting squad wasn't always lined up in front of him with their finger on the trigger perhaps he would be more open..?

Maybe Brooks will help him change things with the fans. :huh