Crede

greg775

Obviously we all hope Crede has an incredible season.

My question to you is ... what will Crede hit?

I have absolutely no idea.

Whomever knows Crede the best, give me his stats for this upcoming season.

Also on another note: Will all of you be devastated if somehow we lose to the pathetic Royals on opening day or

is anything possible in baseball and you won't be mad?

I just think we need to sweet the amazingly bad Royals.

Also on another note: Will all of you be devastated if somehow we lose to the pathetic Royals on opening day or

Yes.... I'd be devastated..... and they will be no worse than 2-1 come the home Opener.

Just a guess, but I think Crede will hit the following:

.270  19HR  72RBI  242B  112K  42BB  6SB

And with those numbers, we should be very happy.  They should only get better in time.

id go with hudler's numbers..maybe even a little less...its his rookie year(well first full year) and he has been hyped forever...under a lot of pressure..lets cut him some slack

Obviously I expect more out of Crede than I would from, say, Borchard at this point anything above 825-850 OPS and above-average defense (which would mean he'd have to be better than Perry, Norton, Valentin, Leifer or Graffanino that's for sure) will be just great. Let me put it another way: as long as outperforms Mark Belhorn by a wide margin, I am happy.

Major League pitchers are notorious for being able to make lethal adjustments and many good hitters go through slumps in the year following breakout one. Last year they jamming him with high fatsballs and made him chase slow stuff in the dirt. He adjusted and dominated them. Now it's their turn...So I wouldn't be surprised if Joe struggles a bit before figuring it out for good.

.280/25/80 is about right. If he can start walking (I doubt it tho), the numbers will be great. Even better from a Good Glove infielder hitting from the 7th spot

Obviously we all hope Crede has an incredible season.

My question to you is ... what will Crede hit?

I have absolutely no idea.

Whomever knows Crede the best, give me his stats for this upcoming season.

Baseball is a funny sport. A win is a win. Dont expect a sweep of the Royals. Bank that one.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wont guess any numbers for the kid cause i dont want to jinx him.... last time i suggested how someone would hit for the season frank went down with the triceps injury.........dont need that happening again now do we?????? ill just say he will do well and leave it at that........ :headbang

he has been hyped forever...under a lot of pressure..lets cut him some slack

I disagree.

The Sox lineup SHOULD score so many runs that Joe won't be under much pressure at all IMO. You guys are suggesting numbers like .280 25 100, and he's going to be our 7th guy, and our 6th biggest threat or so. The 6th biggest threat in the lineup doesn't have any pressure on him, and he SHOULD see some good pitches (since he'll be at the bottom of the order and teams won't want to dick around with him and put him on base).

That said, we shouldn't expect too much out of him. Just solid defense and timely basehits will suffice. :)