Flat screen monitors

IlliniKrush

I'm looking to get a flat panel monitor for my PC. I think it'd be nice to have because it would take up a lot less room on my desk at school, and i hear the picture is much more clear, etc.

For those of you who have them...is it worth it to get one? If so, any recommendations on brand or size?

Any help is appreciated.

I'm assuming you want flat panel as well. I have one that's only about 14 inches or so and I belive it cost about $300, but don't quote me on it. It's a Gateway FPD1530, and it looks really nice. It does save a ton of space and I would reccomend getting one if you can afford one.

I'm about to purchase my computer for school pretty soon.  I think I finally decided to go with the desktop instead of the laptop.  I was definitely leaning towards a flat panel though; I've yet to hear a negative thing about them from my friends.

Go desktop

Go desktop

I'm basically sold on getting a desktop.

--A quality desktop costs less than a cheap laptop....

--I really don't think I want to be walking around campus etc with something that costs that much.....

--I know you can buy a mouse, but I hate the scrolling mouse on laptops...

I'm basically sold on getting a desktop.

--A quality desktop costs less than a cheap laptop....

--I really don't think I want to be walking around campus etc with something that costs that much.....

--I know you can buy a mouse, but I hate the scrolling mouse on laptops...

laptops are pretty handy at school... and if you get one of those little wireless mouse's, those are pretty cool.

If you have the money, for the little extra I'd go with a laptop, for the portability. There's a lot of times you'll wish you had.

If $$ is a consideration, desktops are the way to go (better bang for the buck).