prior vs. Garland

hi8is

IP H R ER HR BB SO

Garland: June 20th 8.1 3 4 4 1 3 7

we all remember this game well, Garland pitched GREAT but didnt get it done/didnt have the gas to finish the game... looked to be in command and was a stud.

June 15th 6.2 6 4 3 2 2 1

another strong outting, only 3 ER over almost 7 IP

June 4th 7.1 4 2 2 0 1 3

prior: june 19th 5.0 6 3 3 0 1 5

didnt do to prior like

june 14th 5.0 5 0 0 0 1 8

lights out

june 9th 3.2 5 5 5 1 5 1

got lit up

june 4th 6.0 2 0 0 0 0 8

lights out

-------------------------------------------------------

at first glance of the pitching match up i automaticly started to shake my head expecting prior to kill us. but, he has been up and down this year after returning and Garland has been doin pretty damn good as of late. im now looking for this to be a good pitching match up and hoping the sox can get out of the gates early with some runs on the board. if Garland can settle into a nice groove from the start, i think we'll win this thing.

Be patient, make Prior throw a lot of pitches and hopefully the Cubs have to pull him in the 5th or 6th.

Then take advantage of the Cubs weakend bullpen.

Sox need to try and get him at 20 pitches per inning or so, and the Cubs will have to pull him early.

SB

In the end, hes just another pitcher, and good hitters can hit good pitchers.

They just need to take what Prior gives them.

SB

When was the last time Sox "hit" a really good RHP?

When was the last time Sox took what was given to them - how many of our hitters love nothing more than than pulling and uppercuting the ball?

Logic says Sox lose 5-1 tommorow.

I hope the logic is wrong - we need to beat Prior and Zambrano in a WORST way

All I remember is Prior striking out 7 of the 9 Sox batters that he faced in spring training last year.  Absolutely brutal.

Sox did not face Prior in the regular season last year and only saw Wood once - got dominated of course.

That's why I regard last year's series as a fluke - Sox caught Clement at his worst and also feasted on Shawn Estes.

Rught now we're scheduled to face Prior, Zambrano, Maddux, Maddux, Rusch and Clement. Which means should Sox miraculously beat Prior and Zambrano, it would mean they have a GREAT chance to take 5 out of 6, which would provide (knock on wood) a SUPER-TREMENDOUS boost for the rest of the season, and would single-handedly restore Sox pride.

Of course, we'd be lucky to win 1 against Prior and Zambrano, but who knows, if the stars align just right.......

Prior is MUCH better.

Sox should lose.

I hope they win - it would be absolutely a HUGE boost heading into Zambrano-Show game.

While I agree that Prior is a great pitcher and has my utmost respect, he isn't back to 100%. He hasn't gone deep into games so if Garland can keep it close it will be a battle of the bullpens, which really depends on who pitches for each team.

The league's best offense against the league's 3rd best pitching. It should be a good series.

Logic says Sox lose 5-1 tommorow.

Logic also says that anything can happen on any given day in baseball. To predict a score and base it on logic is stupid and pointless. The odds of the score being that are slim to none and I'm sure you know that.

Logic also says that anything can happen on any given day in baseball. .

Ever heard of this little quaint concept called......ODDS?

As in "odds heavily favor the Cubs tomorrow and on Saturday"?

If I say "logic says Sox lose 5-1", these momos read it as "logic says Sox lose 5-1 and only 5-1...the destiny is carved in stone and there is no other possible outcome to that game...thre is no way Sox could ever pull the game out".

God, stupid people suck.

Sox did not face Prior in the regular season last year and only saw Wood once - got dominated of course.

That's why I regard last year's series as a fluke - Sox caught Clement at his worst and also feasted on Shawn Estes.

Rught now we're scheduled to face Prior, Zambrano, Maddux, Maddux, Rusch and Clement.  Which means should Sox miraculously beat Prior and Zambrano, it would mean they have a GREAT chance to take 5 out of 6, which would provide (knock on wood) a SUPER-TREMENDOUS boost for the rest of the season, and would single-handedly restore Sox pride.

Of course, we'd be lucky to win 1 against Prior and Zambrano, but who knows, if the stars align just right.......

You say Wood dominated us last year. But we dominated him TWICE in 2002. To the tune of a 13.50 era against us. So we have some history of success against these guys.

lol..Last time I checked Prior wasn't undefeated.  We can beat this guy.  We beat him in his only start against us in 2002.  It can be done again.

I am glad you are telling me it can be done because, you see, without your help I would have never been able to figure it out.

:bang

three words, repeated over and over again

f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, f*** the cubs, :bringit