holy cow

hi8is

Andruw Jones is too cool for school. He should play for the Indians and wear his hat Sabathia-style with his attitude

Leave him in Atlanta.

his contract will quickly become an albatross for us.

And what's wrong with the way Rowand is playing center field, for much less money.

fuhgetabout Andruw "All Hype" Jones.

All hype?

I believe he won a WS series in 96 becoming the youngest player ever to homer in a WS game. Rowand has no rings.

And he's won the gold glove every season since what, 1999? Rowand has no gold gloves, unless you count little league.

And he's got better power numbers over his career than Ordonez.

He might not hustle all the time, that's because he doesn't have to in the field. He's just that good out there.

I am not saying I advocate this deal because I don't like the contract, but Andruw Jones is not all hype, he's won a World Series and several gold gloves and he's an all-star caliber player entering his prime.

You said:

"I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Maggs won't resign,

why not get some one who will be with us for 3 years?"

I don't understand the logic.

We acquire Freddie G yesterday — a guy we don't know if we can sign.

Yet we give away young guys who are signed up for a while for Freddie.

This trade pleases many Sox fans.

Now a day later, we are saying, if we can't sign Maggs, then

trade him away for Jones who will be here three years.

Why are we accepting the fact we CAN sign Freddie and can't sign Maggs?

I profess to you we are not going to sign Freddie if the Yanks or Bosox

decide they want him. And if he does squat for us, the Yanks will want him.

And to tell you the truth I would rather sign Maggs than Freddie!

Why the double standard in the thinking of many???

ACtually the Yankees won the 1996 World Series because the Braves did what the Braves always do -- gagged their way to a loss after winning the first two games of the World Series.

Andruw Jones has the same number of rings as Aaron Roward == ZERO. Andruw Jones has been a major player on the most underachieving team in the history of baseball -- the Braves, who can't hit the urinal in the post-season.

The Braves won their title in 1995 before Jones arrived.

And he IS FIRST TEAM all hype. He was billed as the game's next superdooperstar.

He's not.

He's not even one of the top 10 players in the majors.

Sorry. When you weigh the salaries, I'll keep A Row, who grew up with the Sox, wants to play for the Sox, busts his ass and doesn't think he's Willie Mays.

Just say no to Andruw Jones.

ACtually the Yankees won the 1996 World Series because the Braves did what the Braves always do -- gagged their way to a loss after winning the first two games of the World Series.

Andruw Jones has the same number of rings as Aaron Roward == ZERO. Andruw Jones has been a major player on the most underachieving team in the history of baseball -- the Braves, who can't hit the urinal in the post-season.

The Braves won their title in 1995 before Jones arrived.

And he IS FIRST TEAM all hype. He was billed as the game's next superdooperstar.

He's not.

He's not even one of the top 10 players in the majors.

Sorry. When you weigh the salaries, I'll keep A Row, who grew up with the Sox, wants to play for the Sox, busts his ass and doesn't think he's Willie Mays.

Just say no to Andruw Jones.

i would want an outfield of, Lee, Jones, and A-Row

A-Row takes over full time for maggs in RF

Jones is a great defensive player, he's in Beltrans league defence wise

Jones will hit 35+ HR like he has, and will hit more in a park like ours. he will also have 100+ RBI, and will probably hit more in a park like ours.... he will not be an offensive upgrade to maggs (just because he dosent hit for the same average, but does have power numbers similar to maggs) but he would be a defensive upgrade, and would be here for 3.5 years at a cost that is cheaper then Maggs would be.

and if this also brings us Ortiz, who does have some problems with walks but does have the potential to win 21 games, s***, even if its 15 as a #4 starter, GREAT... this guy was clutch in the WS with the giants and with a 3.87 ERA, our offensive baseball club... Ortiz would be a great addition!

All hype?

I believe he won a WS series in 96 becoming the youngest player ever to homer in a WS game.  Rowand has no rings.

And he's won the gold glove every season since what, 1999?  Rowand has no gold gloves, unless you count little league.

And he's got better power numbers over his career than Ordonez.

He might not hustle all the time, that's because he doesn't have to in the field.  He's just that good out there.

I am not saying I advocate this deal because I don't like the contract, but Andruw Jones is not all hype, he's won a World Series and several gold gloves and he's an all-star caliber player entering his prime.

Entering his prime? A CFer with two bad knees at the age of 27? He is not the fielder he once was I don't care how many gold gloves he has won or world series rings he has. We are not trading for his past ABOZ, we are trading for what he will do for us this year and the next 3. I don't care what he did in the past, but thank you for sharing that.

I have heard insiders speak of Andruw Jones as a player that is not the same as he used to be. If he is so great then why the hell are the Braves desperately trying to deal him? Wouldn't this gold glove, all star, ring bearing player at the age of 27 just entering his prime be a cornerstone to a franchise? There has to be a reason and the reason is he is not a player entering his prime, rather he is a player that is damaged goods. A CFer with bad knees that will not be playing CF much longer, which is his most valuable asset to a team like the White Sox.

Come one now lets think about this. We better be getting much more than this for Magglio IMHO.

Konerko for Andruw Jones would make sense. But not Maggs for Jones. Maggs won't be ready til late July. Konerko is ready now and they have a spot for him. I'd do the deal provided Jones was healthy, and ATL kicks in a lot of cash. At 27 he's hardly washed up though.

Jones' defense would help improve the Sox pitching every day, not every 5th day or every other. Why is ATL looking to trade him? 3 years and $39 million left on his contract.

My plan to sign Mags is to win the World Series and increase payroll by 30 million dollars in the offseason but since the chances are against us......

If they want to cut payroll, we should trade mags, Burke, and a b list prospect for Ortiz and Jones but make them put in Estrada or KW should say its a no-no.

We're going to lose Mags most likely, why not get something for him. Our offense has been producing without him. Don't get me wrong, I love Mags, but I don't think we are going to resign him. If we can put him in a package to get Andruw Jones and Russ Ortiz, I'm all for it. There is no way we'd get Estrada, Atlanta is looking to cut payroll over the next couple years. Why would they give up a good young catcher with a cheap salary? They take Mags and let him walk after the year, or even trade him somewhere for prospects then they succeeded in reducing their payroll. KW is looking for someone that is locked up in a contract, like Jones. We get Ortiz for maybe Rauch, then we have a great rotation to get us deep in the playoffs.

For everyone saying Jones' numbers have slipped, don't forget he has lost some protection in the order. Chipper and Giles have been hurt throughout the first half so far, and Atlanta lost Sheffield. I think if you plug Jones into our lineup, he will produce.

We're going to lose Mags most likely, why not get something for him.  Our offense has been producing without him.  Don't get me wrong, I love Mags, but I don't think we are going to resign him.  If we can put him in a package to get Andruw Jones and Russ Ortiz, I'm all for it.  There is no way we'd get Estrada, Atlanta is looking to cut payroll over the next couple years.  Why would they give up a good young catcher with a cheap salary?  They take Mags and let him walk after the year, or even trade him somewhere for prospects then they succeeded in reducing their payroll.  KW is looking for someone that is locked up in a contract, like Jones.  We get Ortiz for maybe Rauch, then we have a great rotation to get us deep in the playoffs. 

For everyone saying Jones' numbers have slipped, don't forget he has lost some protection in the order.  Chipper and Giles have been hurt throughout the first half so far, and Atlanta lost Sheffield.  I think if you plug Jones into our lineup, he will produce.

you consider 28 years old young for a catcher?

I guess I don't consider it that young, but definitely not old.  My main point was that he is producing and not costing the Braves very much.

But he is not so much a prospect and not so much a player that you would consider untouchable. Especially if you were able to dump a couple salaries like Ortiz's and Jones' and get a player back such as Maggs in return. If that is what it takes to do all that then I am sure the Braves would not mind doing it.

But he is not so much a prospect and not so much a player that you would consider untouchable. Especially if you were able to dump a couple salaries like Ortiz's and Jones' and get a player back such as Maggs in return. If that is what it takes to do all that then I am sure the Braves would not mind doing it.

We may have to include another prospect in that trade then, I'm sure the Braves don't intend on keeping Mags around more than the rest of this year.

We may have to include another prospect in that trade then, I'm sure the Braves don't intend on keeping Mags around more than the rest of this year.

I believe it will be something like Rowand/Rauch/Diaz/Davis for Jones/Ortiz/Estrada. The Braves get good young talented prospects while at the same time cutting payroll drastically. We get all star caliber talent add a bunch of payroll and it allows us to move Shoew or Garland into the bullpen.

Imagine that lineup

2B Harris/Uribe

LF Carlos Lee

RF Magglio

DH Big Frank

1B Konerko

SS Valentin

CF Andruw Jones

C Johnny Estrada

3B Joe Crede

DAMN!!!!!

Rotation

Garcia

Buehrle

Loaiza

Ortiz

Shoew/Garland

Bullpen

Shingo

Marte

Politte

Garland/Shoew

Adkins

Cotts

Jackson

Nice damn team!

If he is so great then why the hell are the Braves desperately trying to deal him? Wouldn't this gold glove, all star, ring bearing player at the age of 27 just entering his prime be a cornerstone to a franchise? There has to be a reason and the reason is he is not a player entering his prime, rather he is a player that is damaged goods.

Probably because they are trying to dump salary and they are dismanteling their team. Smoltz wants to go to a contender, they can't afford their FA's anymore and want to rebuild. But, I guess that point doesn't matter since it doesn't fit your argument against Jones.

I believe it will be something like Rowand/Rauch/Diaz/Davis for Jones/Ortiz/Estrada. The Braves get good young talented prospects while at the same time cutting payroll drastically. We get all star caliber talent add a bunch of payroll and it allows us to move Shoew or Garland into the bullpen.

keep dreamin buddy =D

i hope it could happen like that, but i really really doubt it