LA Times now Reporting

hi8is

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uribe is good. He has the potential.

Jose is our Shortstop though. A bit greedy, yes, but when he connects, it goes far! I wish he'd shorten up on his swing a bit, instead of swinging for pure power. Whenever he gets a hit, the ball is usually smoked. Never a soft liner.

That said, if this trade happens, we're dead. We need Jose. It might even be smart to re-sign him after the year.

But he's still right around .300 through 72 games.  He wasn't going to continue hitting at a .325 clip thoughout the season.

Plus, he's been playing some mean defense.  There's no reason to s*** on him (Allsox, I'm looking in your direction).

I know, I know. I think Uribe has been a huge steal, and a huge reason we are where we are right now. I just don't think some people have realized that Juan has fallen all of the way down to .290.

Read my post again dude....what I said was when Maggs comes back KENNY (not me) has to decide whether he wants one out of Uribe, Wilie, Crede, Jose to be on the bench on any given day or does he believe every one of them that stays with the Sox needs to start and not be on the bench

I am fine with platooning between Uribe, Willie, Rowand and Crede and keeping Jose at SS with an occasional day off

But Kenny needs to answer the questions what he believes about Uribe, Crede, Rowand and Willie?

Doe she believe in Uribe, Willie and Rowand's better than expected #s in the first haf of the season and/or does he believe in Crede's ability to rebound nicely in the second half?

Once he answers those questions, it will be easy for him to decide what to do about Jose.

I would like to keep Jose definitely....but remember we will most likely lose him at end of year (and let Uribe play next year at SS) .... maybe Kenny prefers to get someone for Jose

And to even think KW is considering those is beyond reason.

KW will keep Valentin, period. I highly doubt he's even considering trading him for anything.

Remember folks, if Rowand keeps playing well, he has to play CF once Maggs comes back...which means Uribe has to play SS if Willie has to play 2B and Crede 3rd B, which leaves out Jose

To me, the most critical decision Kenny has to make between now and the trade deadline is does he have faith in Willie Harris to be >0.285 kind of guy (since he has slipped from his >0.300 status now) throughout the season, does he have faith that Rowand will be around 0.300 thorughout the season and does he have fait that Crede will rebound with a stellar second half like always?

If the answers to the above three questions are yes, then he has to trade Valentin since Uribe has to play.....or trade Rowand

Unless he feels Uribe wasa fluke and will never be the same as he has been in the first half

Except that we're really, really weak at LH hitting. We can't lose the one bat we have.

hey guys...first post in a long time..finally got my computer fixed...good to be back :D

to trade valentin right now would be nuts...he's the only left handed power hitter in the everyday line up...his clutch hitting and leadership are setting the tone for the success so far...

when maggs comes back valentin plays SS...as long as uribe is hitting he'll continue to be an everyday player..mainly at 2nd base...figure timop and rowand will split time in CF...if crede or val need a rest harris plays 2nd and uribe plays their position....he can spell uribe at 2nd and get a few starts in CF too...

as for uribe...he's been a 240 or so hitter all his career...either one of two have happened..he's either matured as a hitter after 4 years in the bigs and will be a better than average player or american league pitchers havent really figured him out yet....if its the former he'll hit 290 -300 this year..if its the latter look for a 2nd half tailspin and he'll finish up around 250-260...time will tell...but if he slumps harris will take over at 2nd base and uribe will resume the utility infielder role he was hired for in the first place...

Harris the only guy on this team who I underestimated big-time. Didn't think he would become a ML hitter.

But then, when this guy put up .400+ OBP against RHP from April 10th to June 12th, he looked like a future all-star - was taking what pitchers give him and lining balls alll over the field.

Still gets in trouble when Big Poppa's tendencies shine through and he starts turning-and-lifting the middle-away pitches - that's not what makes him and Chone Figgins successful.

With his speed and defense, at 2B, all he needs is a .400 OBP and .400 Slugg, and he is a f***ing keeper.