Yet Another Borchard Article

Cali

Can you post the article on here, cause for some reason my password isn't working to get into the site, and when I try making a new one its not letting me, so can someone please post the article, thanx!!!!!

I think it may be against the "rules" to post the whole thing, can I get a confirmation about this? Jason?

Ya, technically we aren't supposed to post articles from other sites because its against Copyright.

We can however, quote parts of the article and all that stuff.

From Chicagosports.com

By Teddy Greenstein

Last month he noted Joe Borchard's improvements in the batting cage and said, "If he does dominate and we as a staff think—boom—he's there, he could create some problems for us. But they would be good problems."

Problems that result from having too many good players for too few spots.

Borchard could make the Sox rethink their plan to return him to Triple-A Charlotte.

"You know what?" Manuel said. "When this guy gets it, it won't be a matter of who's going well. He's just a guy you'd have to make room for."

"He might be one of those special guys where if he gets it, we might just have to go with it," Manuel said of Borchard. "If he gets it, he might have it. And keep it."

But Borchard has worked to refine his swing by eliminating extra movements and bad habits.

The result: two strikeouts in 15 at-bats this spring.

"You don't see as many swings and misses," Manuel said. "He's coming real fast."

Thats about it. It also mentions how Borchard is going to get more playing time since Rowand can play in the field till March 14th.

Ya, technically we aren't supposed to post articles from other sites because its against Copyright. 

We can however, quote parts of the article and all that stuff. 

From Chicagosports.com

By Teddy Greenstein

Last month he noted Joe Borchard's improvements in the batting cage and said, "If he does dominate and we as a staff think—boom—he's there, he could create some problems for us. But they would be good problems."

Problems that result from having too many good players for too few spots.

Borchard could make the Sox rethink their plan to return him to Triple-A Charlotte.

"You know what?" Manuel said. "When this guy gets it, it won't be a matter of who's going well. He's just a guy you'd have to make room for."

"He might be one of those special guys where if he gets it, we might just have to go with it," Manuel said of Borchard. "If he gets it, he might have it. And keep it."

But Borchard has worked to refine his swing by eliminating extra movements and bad habits.

The result: two strikeouts in 15 at-bats this spring.

"You don't see as many swings and misses," Manuel said. "He's coming real fast."

Thats about it. It also mentions how Borchard is going to get more playing time since Rowand can play in the field till March 14th.

good if he can keep his strikeouts down i would not mind seeing him play in center. i am beging to see his power.

Ok, this could get ridiculous.....if JoeB truly becomes the real deal this year....

this could get scary......decided to throw some hr and rbi estimates on our starting lineup and it could be awesome....

Jiminez/Harris 5 40

Valentin 25 80

Frank 30 110

Maggs 35 130

Paulie 30 100

JoeB 30 80

Lee 25 80

Crede 25 75

Olivo/Alomar 15 60

Bench 30 100

Total 250 855

Last Year 217 819

Totally rough numbers, which could get lotsa cries of argument, but my point is that I see no reason why this group of guys can't crush even last year's great numbers...

Now, if our 4 and 5 slots produce.......WS BABY!!!! :headbang

Apparently, Joey B is trying to make it tough for JM to send him to AAA.

A difficult situation, but one any manager would love to have....

Yes, it could be a very nice problem to have. It would be interesting to see what the Sox do if Joey B does make the team. Would they trade Lee? Rowand? Thomas?

Yes, it could be a very nice problem to have. It would be interesting to see what the Sox do if Joey B does make the team. Would they trade Lee? Rowand? Thomas?

Well....I think alot will depend upon how Rowand produces....If he looks as if he can be a good productive ML-level CF, then I think the organization should consider what they might be able to get for Lee...that of course assumes JoeyB continues to hit....I mean, right now, Carlos is a pretty marketable commodity and might be able to get us another LH bat or some serious minor league pitchers prospects....

I'd hate to see his bat go, but if Rowand and Borchard are the goods, then you've got 3 guys for 2 positions, and we might want to move one of them to improve ouselves elsewhere by moving one of them...

But there's a long way to go before this all happens.... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Well....I think alot will depend upon how Rowand produces....If he looks as if he can be a good productive ML-level CF, then I think the organization should consider what they might be able to get for Lee...that of course assumes JoeyB continues to hit....I mean, right now, Carlos is a pretty marketable commodity and might be able to get us another LH bat or some serious minor league pitchers prospects....

I'd hate to see his bat go, but if Rowand and Borchard are the goods, then you've got 3 guys for 2 positions, and we might want to move one of them to improve ouselves elsewhere by moving one of them...

dont go trading anyone away yet... joe will come up when HE feels hes ready.... kw already discussed that at soxfest.. he said that joe came to them and said he wasnt ready yet....therefore im feel that they will go with how he feels instead of trying to rush him... espically since there is not a need to rush him up here just yet... of course i cant stand the yard gnome being out there but he will do for a while till joe works out whatever it is that he feels the need to and comes north........hopefully when all is said and done we see the yard gnome headed out of the sox field and he can take a few others with him............ :D

dont go trading anyone away yet... joe will come up when HE feels hes ready.... kw already discussed that at soxfest.. he said that joe came to them and said he wasnt ready yet....therefore im feel that they will go with how he feels instead of trying to rush him... espically since there is not a need to rush him up here just yet... of course i cant stand the yard gnome being out there but he will do for a while till joe works out whatever it is that he feels the need to and comes north........hopefully when all is said and done we see the yard gnome headed out of the sox field and he can take a few others with him............ :D

I was talking hypothetically here, HSC.

carlos will never be marketable then he is right now..he is coming off his best 4 month stretch in his career...he has turned some heads...but he still sux in the ouitfield and cant run the bases...TRADE HIM NOW...we will never get more for him...because if he does show he is for real he will get 6 to 8 mil in arbitration next year...we wont pay that and that brings down his marketability...if he does what i thin khe is gonna do..good half /bad half and a 270 average with 25 -30 homers and 80 -90 rbi he will have all but gaurenteed himself being labled as a guy that cant put together a full season and his value drops..

this is why KW should have traded foulke last year if he didnt want him long term..imagine what foulke would have brought coming off of a 42 save season with his credentials???...you trade high..not low...billy beane figured that one out a long time ago..thus we trade for koch comming off his best year while we trade foulke comming off his worst...so who wins???if you guys dont think lee will be here next year..TRADE HIM NOW...if we wait till next year we might not be able to get a bucket of batting practice baseballs for him

I fully agree baggs....if we trade Lee....and use Borchard in CF(because if he feels he's ready....he should be up)....we can then use Daubach in LF....have a lineup of Jimenez, Valentin, Thomas, Maggs, Borchard, Konerko, Daubach, Crede, Olivo/Alomar.....that lineup would drive opposing managers crazy....having 2 awesome righties in a row, then a switch hitter with equal power from both sides, then a righty, then a lefty, then two more righties.....makes your head spin. And when it comes to Borchard....what in the hell do you do? Bring in a lefty to face him, Konerko and Daubach, or do you bring in a lefty to face Borchard, then a righty to face Konerko, then another lefty to face Daubach....do you bring a righty in to face Borchard and Konerko, and then a lefty against Daubach....etc. We wouldn't have the problem we had in 2000, I can tell you that. Also...if we traded Lee....we could get some sweet s*** right now...maybe a good starting pitching prospect....or some more catching(it would be damn nice to get some catching too....I don't want to have to depend on Jamie Burke as the backup when Sandy goes down and if someone were to claim Paul off waivers at the end of ST if we went that way). I just don't know where the hell we'd move him....the only team that comes to mind right away is Pittsburgh....they could use him in LF. Unless some team wants to try to convert him into a firstbaseman(and that would be crazy as hell)....in that case, a few more teams open up....maybe Cinci being one of them...Atlanta being another.

If we do deal Lee though....I would be happy....but I feel we will deal him at the deadline....I don't know why we wouldn't. He's the guy we need the least amount....so why we are keeping him is beyond my understanding.

I say if Borchard is playing better than Lee or Rowand play Borchard.

If Lee or Rowand complain, then trade Lee or Rowand.

We need to have guys who can produce.

But why trade Lee at this point for minor leaguers? Like the one poster said, we don't need to do

that right now.

I say if Borchard is playing better than Lee or Rowand play Borchard.

If Lee or Rowand complain, then trade Lee or Rowand.

We need to have guys who can produce.

But why trade Lee at this point for minor leaguers? Like the one poster said, we don't need to do

that right now.

i wouldnt say trade him for a minor leaguer or even for sidney ponson.. id looking to move him..but if the right deal cant be finalized then keep him ...he is expendable

By the way, Beltran is available big time right now.

Do we want him??

if we could find a way to move lee for beltran..that would be cool..it would have to be a 3 way deal though with us im sure sending other players to kc as well as lee to someone else because no way KC can take on lee's contract...

By the way, Beltran is available big time right now.

Do we want him??

if we could find a way to move lee for beltran..that would be cool..it would have to be a 3 way deal though with us im sure sending other players to kc as well as lee to someone else because no way KC can take on lee's contract...

Yes, I'd consider a Lee for Beltran trade to be a decent move.

Yes, I'd consider a Lee for Beltran trade to be a decent move.

I'd consdier that maybe, I am in no hurry to lose CLee, Beltran wlould be nice, what else would be have to give up, if anyone, wuld make it or break it for me. I am so concerned that CLee will crank awesome numbers and when JB comes up, he is the perfect DH if we ever need one (which I pray we don't for years to come having Frank)