Cubs are bad, Sox are good.

Ishmookie

Does Chewing Gum Field have a drainage system? That field looked like s***, I always remembered after rain delays at our place that the field didnt look half as bad as that.

Another reason to love the Sox: Roger Bossard! :headbang

CWSOX45

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with Crede? (Just getting caught up here)

It seems like all he is capable of doing (on the offensive side of the ball( is looking like he is going to piss his pants at the plate and then procede to pop-up or ground out...really have had my fill of him and his weak-assed bat.

Vent done. I am returning you to your regularly scheduled thread.

If the game can't continue because they have crap fielding people, they should have to forfeit...eh, I can dream, can't I? ;)

This is just pathetic. This game shouldn't have been played after the last delay.

Meanwhile, Baker bringing Maddux back out shows once again that he is the worst manager in all of baseball. 3 rain delays, most recently a 1 hour long delay, and Maddux comes out. Of course he gets hit. Yesterday, he was foolish to keep Zambrano in with the lead, in the middle of the game, with him hurt. He keeps him in and he reaggervates it. Last Saturday he kept Zambrano in for 120+ pitches, just like yesterday even with the injury, and he got shelled the whole game last week. The Cubs would be a better team if they fired Baker.

I have been saying that Dusty sucks for months; a lot of the "cub lovers" (like Brandofan) defend him to the end. I believe that Baker was the prime reason that the cubs didn't make the Series last year.

I love that the cubs have him as their manager, and I hope they never can him...they will never succeed as long as he is there!

What's the deal with Crede?  (Just getting caught up here)

It seems like all he is capable of doing (on the offensive side of the ball( is looking like he is going to piss his pants at the plate and then procede to pop-up or ground out...really have had my fill of him and his weak-assed bat. 

Vent done.  I am returning you to your regularly scheduled thread.

If the game can't continue because they have crap fielding people, they should have to forfeit...eh, I can dream, can't I? ;)

I agree!

I am sick of Crede already.

Lets hope that Josh Fields (this year's 1st rounder) can come up FAST!

Does Chewing Gum Field have a drainage system? That field looked like s***, I always remembered after rain delays at our place that the field didnt look half as bad as that.

Another reason to love the Sox: Roger Bossard!  :headbang

CWSOX45

We wouldn't have this problem on a Bossard feild.

In all seriousness, how can an ump call the game because the field isn't playable? Should the home team have to forfeit for not providing a field to play on (or as mentioned have to postpone the game rather than call it)? Just curious as I am not sure how they would handle a poor playing surface as opposed to having to stop because of rain (the rain by me has stopped for about an hr now and the sun is out)...

In all seriousness, how can an ump call the game because the field isn't playable?  Should the home team have to forfeit for not providing a field to play on (or as mentioned have to postpone the game rather than call it)?  Just curious as I am not sure how they would handle a poor playing surface as opposed to having to stop because of rain (the rain by me has stopped for about an hr now and the sun is out)...

If there's no rain.

And no scheduled rain.

And the field is unplayable.

The game can be suspended, and finished tomorrow.

This is according to Melton, but he says he could be wrong...

The more I think about it the more pissed I get at the notion that they might call the game. A crappy field isn't a reason to call a game, delay it/postpone it yeah, but not call it. Oh freaking well, all in the life of a Sox fan I guess. :(

This really pisses me off. Why couldnt' they just wait and see if the rain cleared up later. Tomorrow's game is a night game. If the rain was going to continue, then they could've played the other half of this game tomorrow at about 3 to finish it. The Cubs just got a f***ing gift win.

Really a bite in the ass, their very vulnerable bullpen just called on and all. I really thought they were going to suspend it and finish tomorrow, but I guess it's a crown control thing up against another sellout crowd for the night game.

I think we would have done it, or at least threatened, if the game continued. But that's baseball, ain't it. Let the team get ready to pound Rusch (sp?) tomorrow and we split the season series.

GO SOX!! :headbang :headbang :headbang