Ishmookie

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Wrigley sure is a shrine........

With a piss-poor drainage system. :fthecubs

If the White Sox don't salvage game three tomorrow I'm going into seclusion.

This culmination of a Cubs series win, SWEEP at Wrigley, and media love will become too much to bare.

I'm not implying doom or gloom, and there's no need to repeat the "Its a long season" rhetoric, but a loss tomorrow (to f***ing GLENDON RUSCH) is enough to jump off a ledge.

That's horse s***. They should have to forfeit if they cannot provide a playable field.

You damned well know if the Scrubs were losing they wouldn't have called the game.

f*** this. The Cubs didn't win today, the umps handed it to them.

its been the rule of baseball since the game began...once the game starts its in the hands of the umps...the umps tried to get in as many innings as they could..thats their job..its our fault for spotting the scrubs a 3-0 lead right from the get go..

we were all excited when it first started raining..myself included..if the game got rained out with the score 3-0 scrubbies before it was official we would all be laughing our butts off while the scrubbies fans would by crying and moaning it wasnt fair...we'd be all happy about their crappy drainage system then

im sure if you go back in sox history there were a few games they won the same way the scrubs did today..in fact i believe we won one like this in '00..

just gotta get 'um tomorrow

im sure if you go back in sox history there were a few games they won the same way the scrubs did today..in fact i believe we won one like this in '00..

Maybe a rain shortened game, but with Bossard I doubt it was because they couldn't get the field together in a reasonable period of time.

Since the second game is at night, why not resume this game at noon tomorrow?

its been the rule of baseball since the game began...once the game starts its in the hands of the umps...the umps tried to get in as many innings as they could..thats their job..its our fault for spotting the scrubs a 3-0 lead right from the get go..

we were all excited when it first started raining..myself included..if the game got rained out with the score 3-0 scrubbies before it was official we would all be laughing our butts off while the scrubbies fans would by crying and moaning it wasnt fair...we'd be all happy about their crappy drainage system then

just gotta get 'um tomorrow

Whoa a voice of reason!!! I agree with Baggs...nothing you can do about it now...just got to get 'em tomorrow.

This really pisses me off.  Why couldnt' they just wait and see if the rain cleared up later.  Tomorrow's game is a night game.  If the rain was going to continue, then they could've played the other half of this game tomorrow at about 3 to finish it.  The Cubs just got a f***ing gift win.

You'd think with all the sellouts and the beer sales, the Cubs could afford a goddamned drainage system.

What bulls***. I'm off to go take a bath in that warning track at Pigley. :fthecubs

Guest cubsrawk

For all of you Sox fans that won't stop your mindless b****ing...

...remember the called game, June 11, 1999.

The Sox won the game, also by two runs, and also in six innings

So you thugs need to STFU.

You're livin' in the past man. :dips***

The difference is that was because of uncontrollable weather conditions...

The Wrigley Field Brass let the sox bat in the top of the sixth in a downpour for almost a half an hour, neglecting to protect the field conditions, SOMETHING THEY COULD CONTROL WITH A SIMPLE TARP.

To directly affect the condition of the field by not covering it when it should have been covered, then turn around and call the game because the field isn't in the proper condition is f***ing ridiculous.

I have no problem if the game was called because they couldn't get it in because of rain, but that was not the case... It was called because Wrigley field has the same drainage system as Six Flags over Texas.

Two Cub trolls in one day? :bang

Perhaps our site is more popular then once believed.  I thought WSI, with all its plugs on ESPN1000, would have this troll problem.

Maybe some posters here told cub fans about this site.. :huh

Let's just save the world's missory tom. with kicking the cubs ass 20-0 then we can get on with our lives. :)

The difference is that was because of uncontrollable weather conditions...

The Wrigley Field Brass let the sox bat in the top of the sixth in a downpour for almost a half an hour, neglecting to protect the field conditions, SOMETHING THEY COULD CONTROL WITH A SIMPLE TARP.

To directly affect the condition of the field by not covering it when it should have been covered, then turn around and call the game because the field isn't in the proper condition is f***ing ridiculous.

I have no problem if the game was called because they couldn't get it in because of rain, but that was not the case... It was called because Wrigley field has the same drainage system as Six Flags over Texas.

When they call a game with the sun shining brightly, and it hadn't rain more than a drizzle for at least a half hour, is ridiculous. It didn't rain for another hour afterward, and even then, not hard at all. The 3rd delay was the killer. The infield basically was destroyed before they got the tarp down.

One thing about the field conditions that my mom brought up - it's a long time ago, but what about when the field was torn up back in 1979 at the Disco D? The Sox couldn't get the field back together in an hour so the Sox forfeited the game. :huh: