Nomar to White Sox?

Buehrle>Wood

There's a lot more to life than batting average. He's been considered one of the best shortstops in the league, which just isn't really true. That's the definition of being overrated. He's below average defensively. His errors are on par with Jose, with a lower zone rating. He gets hurt pretty much every two years. Plus, his batting stats are inflated because of the lineup(one of if not the best last year) he plays in and the park he plays in. He was hitting before Manny, which will help you out a bit. Also, Fenway is a major benefit for a player's average. In the last 3 years, he is batting .343 at home and .266 on the road. For those saying the Cell would help, it might add a few homers, but it won't help batting average. He's a decent shortstop, but I would happily take A-Rod, Jeter, Tejada and several more over him. I certainly wouldn't give up a good package of prospects or give them RJ for him, or pay him about $5.5 mil for the rest of the year. He's gonna give us the same headache Maggs is when it comes to his contract, and he's not as good.

Yeah, the road wouldn't be US Cellular anymore, that would be his "Home"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this disaster were true, it would probably include Crede and move JOse to 3rd.

We really don't neeed to take a player the bosox have been desparately trying to dump.

Besides, who needs Boston- we'd be paying Unit price in prospcts for NOmar. Let's take unit.

That is what Uribe is here for. This year I am going for it, this is the year they should atleast try

So now you want to trade good players for Nomar, and then let him AND Jose walk at the end of the year? You want to start a guy that couldn't hit in Coors and has sucked for the last month or two at short? If I were to give up players for someone I was going to get rid of at the end of the year, Beltran and Johnson would be much better options.

One thing that no one knows is how much of the $ Kenny will ask Boston to pick up if they do go through this

Remember last year when Texas and the Mets picked up almost all of the $ remaining on Everett and Alomar's contracts?

I can bet anything that if we trade for Nomar, we will give up fringe to solid prospects (not stud prospects) and we will definitely get Boston to pick up some or most of the $ still to be paid

Replacing Valentin with Nomar makes no sense whatsoever. This is NOT my idea of "going for it".

Trading the prospects to acquire Johnson, and them moving him to Boston to make them practically unbeatable in a short series also makes no sense what-so-f***ing-ever.

If anything happens to bring Nomar to the Sox, it's just the beginning of a series of moves. There can be no other logical explanation.

This thread is done, the Cubs will get Nomar, it is being reported by the NY Times. You dont have to post any more Nomar hatred, you can be glad that he's going to be on the Cubs and most likely kill any type of chemistry that is left on that team. :headbang

This thread is done, the Cubs will get Nomar, it is being reported by the NY Times. You dont have to post any more Nomar hatred, you can be glad that he's going to be on the Cubs and most likely kill any type of chemistry that is left on that team. :headbang

There's nothing wrong with Nomar as far as I am concerned. He just doesn't make sense for the Sox.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5567

Even Rob Neyer heard about the Nomar to ChiSox so this not some area wide rumor.

I personally don't see why you all don't want him? We can use the extra money from Val at the end of the year to resign Maggs. I don't see why the hell not

Kenny, pull the trigger...NOW

read the whole story correctly before you start posting. it say

Rob Neyer: (11:11 PM ET ) Judging from the questions I've seen tonight, this is the hot rumor. All I can tell you is that this is the first I've heard of such a deal. Of course the Diamondbacks could use prospects and the Red Sox could use Johnson . . . but why would the White Sox want Garciaparra? Last I checked, Valentin was doing a pretty good job at shortstop.

if the deal goes off with bos getting johnson, what a lineup in the playoff that is going to be................. wow!

Yeah, tell me about it. Let's say worst case scenario they meet up with the Cubs in the WS.

Matchups w/ Johnson:

Prior vs. Johnson

Wood vs. Martinez

Zambrano vs. Schilling

Clement vs. Lowe

Matchups w/out Johnson:

Prior vs. Martinez

Wood vs. Schilling

Zambrano vs. Lowe

Clement vs. Burkett

The Cubs would probably be up 3-1 in the latter scenario. But with Johnson, The Red Sox could sweep.

That is absolutely huge.

one question to the trade in my mind of sCrubs, bos and arz, why would the sCrubs want to make the trade for nomar?

Nomar would make the Cubs a hell of a lot stronger in the short run, IMO. Their SS situation at the moment is horrible. I know that he's been somewhat ineffective this year, but he's still an all star caliber player, and he's only 31.

But still, Hendry knows better than to make the Red Sox the foremost contender for the WS title, something that the Cubs were regarded as going into this season.

Nomar would make the Cubs a hell of a lot stronger in the short run, IMO.  Their SS situation at the moment is horrible.  I know that he's been somewhat ineffective this year, but he's still an all star caliber player, and he's only 31.

But still, Hendry knows better than to make the Red Sox the foremost contender for the WS title, something that the Cubs were regarded as going into this season.

for you conspiracy theorist. :lol:

the sCrubs make the move to prevent the sox in;

1. getting johnson, thus preventing them for gaining grounds on the fan base

2. prevent them from going deep in the playoff

and

3. trying to get their lion share of the media before kw does something else. i don't see nomar helping them out in the final push. stl has what a 10 1/2 game lead or something like that.