What type of Internet connection do you have?

BridgeportHeather

What's your connection speed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your connection speed?

• Cable/Broadband
    • DSL
    • Dial-Up
    • I don't have the internet at home (for those who use public or friends' computers)

We just got SBC Yahoo DSL here, and, as of today, I have wireless internet with my laptop, which is flat-out awesome! This connection's literally 10 times faster than the one I had in my ISU dorm!

What internet service do you use, and are you happy with your service?

What's so bad about Comcast Cable modem?  I'm considering getting it when I move out in a few months...It would be nice to know so that I can make a more educated decision with regards to my internet connection.  Thanks!

More expensive. If you use a lot of bandwidth they cut you off.

That's pretty much it. You needen't have to worry about bandwidth unless you download/upload tons and tons of information like me. I hope I don't get the "Letter of Doom" from them. :fyou

I got Cable, I don't know how I ever survived with a dial up connection.  :lol:

I don't know how I ever survived with a dial up connection. 

Painfully, that's for sure...... :banghead

Thankfully, I only have to endure dial-up for a couple more months...DSL is offered at my new house.. :headbang

We were going to go with Directway (satelite) but it is supposed to have problems staying connected to Citrix servers (what both my wife and I use to log into work from home) so we opted for Qwest Direct DSL and at $26.99 a month is a steal over our MSN dial up which was only $5 cheaper.

Cable, through our cable tv provider brightHouse Networks. Wi-fi for the laptop.

For the most part I like the connection but I think there's rainwater in a line somewhere or something right now. The cable signal has been crapping out regularly over the last week - not enought to knock out the tv but enough to kill the high speed data.

More expensive. If you use a lot of bandwidth they cut you off.

Well I should feel lucky then because i suck a boat load of bandwidth from them. It is expensive though for just the internet. But one can be creative and split the cable line to your tv and get some cable tv if it's not filtered.

Comcast Cable

Kinda overpriced and s***ty. I want to switch to DSL someday. Just too lazy.

Although it does download at fine speeds and rarely ever hiccups, so it's not that bad.

Trust me, no you don't. Comcast's service has no contracts, so if you want out, you can do so. SBC if I'm not mistaken still does that one year contract or $250 fine (I used to work for SBC) and when I tried to sell it, that $49.95 rate turned off alot of people. I hear they're offering it for $26.95, but if you do that, find out how long the deal is for.