music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Anybody heard that new Thom Yorke album yet? I didn't know it existed until I saw it was #2 in sales last week in the paper this morning.

yeah, i heard it. Think Kid A with even more elementary electronica. I'm having trouble deciding if its good, or if i only like it cause of radiohead. Seems a bit rushed. Some good songs but certainly some filler.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
Anybody heard that new Thom Yorke album yet? I didn't know it existed until I saw it was #2 in sales last week in the paper this morning.

Yes, I have heard it, in fact a copy was given to me. Think, Radiohead b-sides.

good background music, but nothing special.

I hope the plan wasn't to release this album to bring everyone down, then release a mediocre radiohead album that everyone will rave about. Well, that may happen regardless, although, when I heard the new songs on their recent tour, they sounded really good.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
That's Ok. Phish are now my new, newest favourite band. I just got "Billy Breathed", Great sunny weather (yes we are having some) car music.

Smart man :)

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Well, I suppose that The Times They Are A Changing, now where Have I heard that before? Sounds like it would make a good title for a song.

Nice namedrop (or something like that) :P

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 18, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
BTW, Phish are playing Chicago at the end of this month, I sooo wish it was in mid August instead.

Trey and Mike, not all of Phish (sadly, I'd like to see them get back together just so I could see a show). They played here on the first of the month, but of course, I didn't go because I was just getting back from being out of town (saw the Sox in Pittsburgh :D), and very, very tired.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
Smart man :)

Nice namedrop (or something like that) :P

Trey and Mike, not all of Phish (sadly, I'd like to see them get back together just so I could see a show). They played here on the first of the month, but of course, I didn't go because I was just getting back from being out of town (saw the Sox in Pittsburgh :D), and very, very tired.

Listening to Farmhouse as we speak. what the phuck are clusterflies?

Having read about them on the RollingStone site I am now looking out for The Grand Pecking Order by Oysterhead ( my personal music journey continues). Anything with Stewart Copeland in has to be good, is it? I might struggle to get a copy here in England, may have to waite until I'm in th US.

Edited by DePloderer

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
Yes, I have heard it, in fact a copy was given to me. Think, Radiohead b-sides.

good background music, but nothing special.

I hope the plan wasn't to release this album to bring everyone down, then release a mediocre radiohead album that everyone will rave about. Well, that may happen regardless, although, when I heard the new songs on their recent tour, they sounded really good.

I don't think they would plan to release mediocre music and trick us all.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:03 AM)
Very strange, but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were amazing last year at the World, and I've heard good things about the Strokes live shows.

I've seen the Strokes live twice (got a friend whose a ridiculous fan of em) and they are awesome live.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
Listening to Farmhouse as we speak. what the phuck are clusterflies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_fly

:P

In other words, I really don't know. I always sort of guessed they were something from Gamehendge, although that doesn't quite make sense in terms of the album I don't think, since the album isn't about Gamehendge.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 22, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_fly

:P

In other words, I really don't know. I always sort of guessed they were something from Gamehendge, although that doesn't quite make sense in terms of the album I don't think, since the album isn't about Gamehendge.

Thank you, now I know as much as you. I hope you don't mind but as you can see I've been a bit light phingered with your sig phor my avi.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Thank you, now I know as much as you. I hope you don't mind but as you can see I've been a bit light phingered with your sig phor my avi.

Heh, I was going to put it there, but I can't disturb the Rally Crede. I found the image on Phish.net's FAQ while seeing if they had a better definition of cluster flies. Sadly, they do not, but its a good source of information if you want to know more about random Phish things :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:20 AM)
Wolfmother bringin' the rock and the mutha fuh-kin roll on Letterman. :headbang

I read online where Wolfmother claims they "never even listened to 70s rock" and that their blatant ripoff of the style is "purely unintentional".

:lolhitting :lol: :bang :huh: :lol:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
I read online where Wolfmother claims they "never even listened to 70s rock" and that their blatant ripoff of the style is "purely unintentional".

:lolhitting :lol: :bang :huh: :lol:

That's kind of a running joke. I think Oasis once said they'd never heard of the Beatles and Kingdom Come (remember them? ) said they'd never heard of Led Zep.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
That's kind of a running joke. I think Oasis once said they'd never heard of the Beatles and Kingdom Come (remember them? ) said they'd never heard of Led Zep.

I remember Kingdom Come, unfortunately, but Oasis always talked about the Beatles, usually boasting (kidding or not, who knows?) that they were better or more original or some such bull"spiff" :bang .

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
I remember Kingdom Come, unfortunately, but Oasis always talked about the Beatles, usually boasting (kidding or not, who knows?) that they were better or more original or some such bull"spiff" :bang .

oasis interviews were awesomely entertaining, pop rock right now is missing any engaging personalities right now. They are all boring suburbanites.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 07:39 AM)
oasis interviews were awesomely entertaining, pop rock right now is missing any engaging personalities right now. They are all boring suburbanites.

Hell yeah, I think Oasis' music is fine, but I got a HUGE kick out of their attitude early on in their career.

i mean pete doherty gives me a chuckle every once in a while...but i remember some oasis doc that i was just laughing my ass off. I can't really think of any americans who've been brash in that way...

by the way...just got jorge ben - africa brasil ... very good, well worth the praise. I wish i had it earlier for the summer.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
For those of you who are into Phish, anyone else ever listen to Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, mmm... good stuff right there. Talented, talented musicians.

Where should I start? I can only get Hidden Land at the moment.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
you like dispatch?

Who they?

By the way, if you like the Allman Brothers, try The Derek Trucks Band, he's the son of The Allmans drummer. The album Songlines is top notch.

to me it seems that everyone who likes dave matthews inevitably likes bela fleck, phish, and dispatch. Sometimes jack johnson and widespread panic and stuff, but its pretty consistent that they all heard of those four. and O.A.R.

Edited by bmags