music

hi8is

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
did you drink syrup before you went in?  ;)  :P

sipped it and popped my collar...( slobbed my knob )

and sti3, yeah i'm gonna go too, i'm really excited for Jose Gonzales, lupe fiasco, the cons, the streets, and bloc party. Wanna hear some panthers and others. The sSTills are alright too i guess.

sucks its 21 but i guess i've gotten used to it. I turn 20 in july (holy s***!) and soon i'll have some fun in the city.

I saw the cons in mizzou in the fall, they are so great live. Soon enough is one of my favorite songs.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
and sti3, yeah i'm gonna go too, i'm really excited for Jose Gonzales, lupe fiasco, the cons, the streets, and bloc party. Wanna hear some panthers and others. The sSTills are alright too i guess.
LOL I heard of Jose Gonzalez 4 days ago because i was reading up on The Knife and he covered "Heartbeats" for a hit in Sweden. DLed his album and I think I like it. And I don't get why The Knife isn't bigger.

If you need someone to buy you a beer at Intonations I'll hook you up.

QUOTE(sti3 @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
LOL I heard of Jose Gonzalez 4 days ago because i was reading up on The Knife and he covered "Heartbeats" for a hit in Sweden.  DLed his album and I think I like it.  And I don't get why The Knife isn't bigger.

If you need someone to buy you a beer at Intonations I'll hook you up.

i actually like jose's EPs better than his albums. His covers are pretty classic, he covered "love will tear us apart" pretty awesomely and a couple others. I like veneer, i think his new stuff will be awesome. Sweden is pretty hot for music right now with The Sounds, Jose Gonzales, Jens Lekman, Slamskobbeteln (totally spelled wrong, means fight club i know) and even though they are from finland i'll throw serena maneesh in there.

i might take you up on that man. I bought my brother a ticket just for that very reason as well haha. He's only heard of bloc party but i think he'll like a lot more.

As for the Knife...they are p4k darlings now...i'm sure they have a pretty good following.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
I went and saw Kevin K. last night. Friggin' great show, though only 6 songs were played. The man is an icon to many of us. Plus he is a great guy.

Six songs???

What were they, Blues Traveler-style extended "jam sessions"???

....I spent Saturday evening getting my daughter's Barbie tent ready for her "living room camping sleepover" (cute as hell, that was), then watching the Sox game and the best of SNL TV Funhouse (very funny cartoons, they were).

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2006 -> 04:27 AM)
Six songs???

What were they, Blues Traveler-style extended "jam sessions"???

....I spent Saturday evening getting my daughter's Barbie tent ready for her "living room camping sleepover" (cute as hell, that was), then watching the Sox game and the best of SNL TV Funhouse (very funny cartoons, they were).

16f7655rickymartin180x240p.jpg

LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)

Is that the Streets I'm thinking of, that do "fit but you know it" ?

the sound is the most successful trainwreck i can imagine.

if someone were to describe to me how awesome "this british white guy, who doesn't so much rap as talk, over cheesy beats" i'd be like sweet, i'll check that out but its almost so bad its good. Plus he's hilarious. The new one is funny.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:51 AM)
Thinking about going to see 'Elefant' tomorrow night at Metro.    Why not, it's only $13.00 and I have no other plans.  One problem, the show is 18 and over.  :puke

Well, it IS a school night, and you need your rest, young man.....

:P :D

Isobell Campbell and Mark Lennigan's album is quite enjoyable...hard to single out any song but an album i'm glad i bought cause i can play it with my dad on our drive home on friday.

QUOTE(bmags @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Isobell Campbell and Mark Lennigan's album is quite enjoyable...hard to single out any song but an album i'm glad i bought cause i can play it with my dad on our drive home on friday.

Is that the former Screaming Trees frontman? The spelling confused me. If so, he can make anything sound great, he just has one of those voices.

indeed...yeah its Lanegan...i hadn't even realized...i bought it for Isobell Campbell and her Belle and SEbastian days, and he really takes over...isobell campbell...so beautiful...i'm gonna give this record a thorough listen...just seems like something i'd want on vinyl.

Normally, I wouldnt really care to post something like this, because Axl Rose has been teasing the public about "Chinese Democracy" for 10 years, but the last couple paragraphs caught my eye

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/0...s.ap/index.html

Rose said the band at the Hammerstein shows will be similar to the one that played the 2002 tour, except for a new lead guitarist, whom he declined to identify except to say it's not an old GN'R member. Buckethead left the band in 2004.

However, later in the broadcast, Rose seemed to contradict himself when he said he's been hobnobbing with former GN'R guitarist and songwriter Izzy Stradlin, and strongly hinted that Stradlin may show up for the Hammerstein shows.

Former GN'R guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.

If Stradlin and Slash end up playing with Rose again, i might actually pay close attention to this (supposed) rebirth of GnR

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 9, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
I thought it was a Roadhouse reference.  :D

Wouldn't know, never saw the movie.

I got the soundtrack for Jeff Healey's version of When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky, which I think is great.

Of course, I got the goddamned thing on cassette, which means I'll never listen to it again, but it's still a great song.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Wouldn't know, never saw the movie.

I got the soundtrack for Jeff Healey's version of When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky, which I think is great.

Of course, I got the goddamned thing on cassette, which means I'll never listen to it again, but it's still a great song.

Terrible movie with some nice fights. Sam Elliot mutters the line. He's likable in the movie, but that and the fights are all that are even close to being decent.

Well, it does have the hysterical line "I used to f*** guys like you in prison" though, so that is worth it also. :lol:

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:17 AM)
Normally, I wouldnt really care to post something like this, because Axl Rose has been teasing the public about "Chinese Democracy" for 10 years, but the last couple paragraphs caught my eye

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/0...s.ap/index.html

If Stradlin and Slash end up playing with Rose again, i might actually pay close attention to this (supposed) rebirth of GnR

Those three guys HATE one another, a reunion would floor me.

Well, actually, Slash and Izzy are cool with each other, but they both hate Axl. The whole band actually only disliked Axl. But that's not to say that somebody can't change. Maybe Axl has finally come around a bit?

Izzy left 100% because of Axl.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 9, 2006 -> 11:01 AM)
Well, actually, Slash and Izzy are cool with each other, but they both hate Axl. The whole band actually only disliked Axl. But that's not to say that somebody can't change. Maybe Axl has finally come around a bit?

Izzy left 100% because of Axl.

Axl is a nut job. I wonder why he'd want to revive his career. He should still have enough money and he hated the fame, freaked out and became a hermit....and his voice is shot

Slash can play with anyone he wants and Izzy always seemed content with laying low and out of the spotlight....and his record with the Ju Ju Hounds record was decent.