music

hi8is

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
So who wants to go see Madonna?

Front row seats bidding starts at $750.00.

Just talked about this on the drive in this morning...

I would love to go - just can't let go of my teen years.. LOL. But no way in hell I'm even thinking about paying face for those tickets.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:35 AM)
Just talked about this on the drive in this morning...

I would love to go - just can't let go of my teen years.. LOL. But no way in hell I'm even thinking about paying face for those tickets.

C'mon Steff she is a Material Girl, what do you expect to pay for that kinda entertainment?

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:36 AM)
C'mon Steff she is a Material Girl, what do you expect to pay for that kinda entertainment?

Ain't doing it.

Besides, I'm saving up for my next diamond ring.. ;)

seven hundred and fifty dollars?!?!? WTF?!?!? Thats ree-damn-diculous. Who does she think she is, Madonna? Oh, wait....

And we all know there are people out there who will pay that money and think its a steal.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:38 AM)
I think she's hotter than ever.  I'd pay $200.00 for front row, tops.  The music? Eh, I can make my own fun.

I'd pay that... I heard face is $350 though. That's a bit too much.

I also think she is way hot. I wish I am in half as good of shape as she is now when I am 45.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
I'd pay that... I heard face is $350 though. That's a bit too much.

I also think she is way hot. I wish I am in half as good of shape as she is now when I am 45.

I heard the entire front section is auction only and the low bid is $700.00. :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
I heard the entire front section is auction only and the low bid is $700.00.    :huh

I just heard lower level tickets were $350. They didn't specify front row. Now that I'm thinking about it.. it's likely the back row in the corner behind a pole that's only $350.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
I think she's hotter than ever.  I'd pay $200.00 for front row, tops.  The music? Eh, I can make my own fun.

Well, if she's "hotter than ever" and you're not going there for the music, it seems like you're planning to "make your own fun" anyway.... :bang :lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Any Fast Times At Ridgemount High fans? I laugh everytime I see it and the kid is b****ing about the scalp prices for the upcoming Van Halen show. What were they? Was it $20?

me me me!

I went to Dino last night, i figured we can take out the Jr at this point who we fooling...

When the second opener was coming on this guy next to me started talking to me, and said "with a name like priestess i really hope they are prog!" and i thought he was joking so i laughed and sarcastically yelled "green]yeah cause i loove dream theatre[green" so then he sternly looked in my eyes and said "thats my favorite band right there" i said "sorry buddy," and moved.

Good show, i wasn't thrilled with the mixing of vocals, they kept fooling with them during the show, they'd go too high than low then ahh...a kickass performance of raisans and the leper...

i hated the crowd, they were really enthusiastic and yelly, which is cool i guess, but people were yelling song requests after every song, i was like SHUT THE f*** UP they have a god damn setlist ... they aren't just winging it. And these guys in front kept acting like they were bowing to masci, and this one kid would point to him whenever he thought he was lookign at him...

so eventually i started snapping the neck of anyone yelling a song request, until i was the only one left, and they looked at me and in unison said, "so what do you wanna hear" and i said "Flying Cloud" and then i snapped my own neck...

good show!

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
good story there...i didn't go because i got too drunk and i got lost...going to a place i've been 10,000 times before

We need to have a talk about your chemical consumption lately. It sounds like even if you'd made it, you wouldn't have remembered much.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
We need to have a talk about your chemical consumption lately.  It sounds like even if you'd made it, you wouldn't have remembered much.

not likely...

Ben Kweller is coming may 3rd...seems like the last show in como for me ...

In chitown...i'm thinking about going to:

Liars

MOgwai...

haven't really checked the rest. I'm going to intonationa and p4k especially now with destroyer and Os Mutantes...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:17 AM)
Ben Kweller is good s***.

Anyone on here a fan of the Roots?  I know it kinda seems out of place to ask here, but I've really gotten into them lately and their new CD, the Tipping Point is quality.

I followed them a while back, didn't realize they were still around. I'll keep an ear out for it, thx.

roots are great...rarely listen to their albums though...

I really liked Kweller's Sha Sha, but i didn't like much of anything on "on my way"

recent acquisitions:

Jeff Buckley's grace Special re release (waste of money, just get the original release...i paid like 5 extra bucks for nothing more)

Can - Monster Movie

minutemen - double nickels on the dime ... awesome

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:10 AM)
roots are great...rarely listen to their albums though...

The newere ones have some of their live stuff on their, which I like alot better. They're touring right now with Common, Talib Kweli, and Erykah Badu. I think that show would be alot of fun.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 05:15 PM)
The newere ones have some of their live stuff on their, which I like alot better.  They're touring right now with Common, Talib Kweli, and Erykah Badu.  I think that show would be alot of fun.

do you have "The Roots Come Alive"?

i remember when i first heard the studio versions of them and i was like f*** this...