music

hi8is

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 28, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Anyone here heard of Matisyahu?  Apparently I'm late to get on the bandwagon. 

He's a Hasidic Jew who does Reggae/Beat boxing.  The lyrics aren't too deep but the sound is fun.

www.hasidicreggae.com

i avoided him because i hate fake jamaican accents, but i find some of his stuff eccentric

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for the Dinosaur.

The almighty Dinosaur Jr, will be playing tonight and tomorrow night at Metro. Ticket sales have been so slow that they were giving away 100 tix to each show for free! But I'm sure Blink 182 will sell out the UC at like $85.00 per ticket their next time around. :headshake

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
No love for the Dinosaur.   

The almighty Dinosaur Jr, will be playing tonight and tomorrow night at Metro.  Ticket sales have been so slow that they were giving away 100 tix to each show for free!  But I'm sure Blink 182 will sell out the UC at like $85.00 per ticket their next time around.    :headshake

i'm not in chicago or i'd be there...

the new belle and sebastian leaked

here is the new album cover nice

i'm a big belle and sebastian fan...

I can go either way for B&S. In one sense, they make important and beautiful music.

But they can be an incredible bore as often as they can captivate. So sometimes I have a hard time picking them up.

Because even though I'd love to find another Tigermilk, I dread finding another "Arab Strap."

QUOTE(3E8 @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Blink broke up and is no more.  They've formed two different bands, Angels & Airwaves and Plus-44.  Both should be great.

This is why I don't want Metallica to break up.

The thought of FOUR bands rising from the crapheap Pathetica has become is very disturbing.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 29, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
I can go either way for B&S. In one sense, they make important and beautiful music.

But they can be an incredible bore as often as they can captivate. So sometimes I have a hard time picking them up.

Because even though I'd love to find another Tigermilk, I dread finding another "Arab Strap."

:crying i love arab strap!

i really liked it, i mean, i can't listen to more than one B&S record in a row, but i love if yer feeling sinister, DCW, tiger milk, all the EPs, i mean, this is just a modern rock song is soooo beautiful...this new album is a lot more guitar driven than waittress, which they used quite a bit of instruments

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
Maybe it was Sinister that I was thinking of. I don't remember. Like I said, I'm a more casual fan - but I remember them being too much one way or the other. They just aren't super consistent.

i suppose...i have to admire how much material they put out right after being formed...

interpol should be JEEAAAALLLLOOOUUUSSS

Saw Dinosaur Jr. last night and my head is still ringing. Mascis' guitar sounds like a jet on take off and sweet Lou is still an animal. They're just as awesome as ever. My only complaint is they went on at 10:00, played til 11:00, then did 2 encores and were done by 11:20. At least they played most of the 'hits'.....not that they ever really had any.

I'm thinking about going back tonight for more abuse.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Saw Dinosaur Jr. last night and my head is still ringing.  Mascis' guitar sounds like a jet on take off and sweet Lou is still an animal.  They're just as awesome as ever.  My only complaint is they went on at 10:00, played til 11:00, then did 2 encores and were done by 11:20.  At least they played most of the 'hits'.....not that they ever really had any.

Wow.

$28.50 for a little over an hour?

Not a great value, no matter how good they are. And they ARE very good, but still...

Glad you had fun, though, and enjoy the second hour if you go tonight.

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Wow.

$28.50 for a little over an hour?

Not a great value, no matter how good they are. And they ARE very good, but still...

Glad you had fun, though, and enjoy the second hour if you go tonight.

:D

IT WAS 30$!?!?

wasn't Feel the Pain on the radio?

Saw Dinosaur Jr. last night and my head is still ringing.  Mascis' guitar sounds like a jet on take off and sweet Lou is still an animal.  They're just as awesome as ever.  My only complaint is they went on at 10:00, played til 11:00, then did 2 encores and were done by 11:20.  At least they played most of the 'hits'.....not that they ever really had any.

Where was the show?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Give him one of your freebies and maybe he will!

:P  :D

How did you get free tix, anyway? Someone connected to a radio station, or Metro?

I'm on Metro's mailing list. Whenever shows don't sell out, they give the tix away to people on that list. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Sadly, neither of the two Dino shows sold out. Bad news for them :crying , great news for me. :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
I'm on Metro's mailing list.  Whenever shows don't sell out, they give the tix away to people on that list.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Sadly, neither of the two Dino shows sold out.  Bad news for them  :crying , great news for me.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

i hate when the metro is sold out, i always get pushed back...

i'm not very confrontational :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
I'm on Metro's mailing list.  Whenever shows don't sell out, they give the tix away to people on that list.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Sadly, neither of the two Dino shows sold out.  Bad news for them  :crying , great news for me.  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Hmmmmm..........

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I still wouldn't go.

I'm either done with concerts or taking a break - time will tell.

I can't even get "over the hump" to go see the mighty Beatallica at Subterranean on December 10th. And I'd love to see them.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 1, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)
Reverend Horton Heat and Supersuckers are playing a bowling alley in Asbury Park but I have to go to the company Christmas party instead.

whats rev. horton heat like

i read something about them that paired them in the same group with devendra banhart...is that accurate?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 30, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Reverend Horton Heat and Supersuckers are playing a bowling alley in Asbury Park but I have to go to the company Christmas party instead.

Get sloshed on the free booze, then duck otta the party early and hit the show.

Great bill, that should be high energy.