music

hi8is

i also just bought pavement - slanted and enchanted luxe and reduxe, i was really excited to hear this album remastered and finally got around to purchasing it...i love this album...and its a very well album remastered, it finally gets loud... It really is a brilliant album that sparked a million bands...i feel bad it got a hex enduction hour rip off because the similarities do not merit the label.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
Well we all have our opinions dont we.  I happen to think the song rocks

Yep we do have our opinions.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just speaking mine.

"Bad" Queen is still better than A LOT of other bands' best stuff IMO.

I got an early copy of Kate Bush's Aeriel yesterday. After 3 or 4 listens I'm blown away. She's come back as strong as ever, like many great artists she walks a fine line between genious and madness. With Aerial she has it just right, she is the epitome of the English eccentric, with songs about washing machines and the number Pi, yes she sings the number Pi for 6 minutes, but she does it beautifully.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
i also just bought pavement - slanted and enchanted luxe and reduxe, i was really excited to hear this album remastered and finally got around to purchasing it...i love this album...and its a very well album remastered, it finally gets loud... It really is a brilliant album that sparked a million bands...i feel bad it got a hex enduction hour rip off because the similarities do not merit the label.

That and "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain' are just plain f***in' brilliant.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I really, really want to see The Hold Steady, how were they?

it was awesome because i got to see the hold steady in their true setting, a damn grizzly small as hell bar, intonation was not a good place for them to play. Their awesome riffs just cut at you like helicoptor blades, and that ridiculous bruce springstein rambling for every song does not get old. It was awesome really.

That and "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain' are just plain f***in' brilliant.

yes, i like crooked rain, crooked rain better as an album, but i don't think i'd buy it remastered because i think it was well enough on its own. 5-4=Unity is a favorite of mine as well as cut your hair, so many actually,

yet slanted and enchanted has more sentimental songs to me, summer babe and zurich is stained being the highlights. A great album and i'd recommend the Luxe and Reduxe set...48 songs for 15 bucks was well worth it. Congrats matador.

As for the rest of pavement albums i love terror twilight and wowee zowee, zowee probably the most inconsistent but has the highest highs, see rattled by the rush, and brighten the corners by default is my least favorite, but still gets plenty of listening time. Pavement is an alltime favorite band of mine. Never dissapointing in releases, cept for SM's self titled and that doesn't count.

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
it was awesome because i got to see the hold steady in their true setting, a damn grizzly small as hell bar, intonation was not a good place for them to play. Their awesome riffs just cut at you like helicoptor blades, and that ridiculous bruce springstein rambling for every song does not get old. It was awesome really.

yes, i like crooked rain, crooked rain better as an album, but i don't think i'd buy it remastered because i think it was well enough on its own. 5-4=Unity is a favorite of mine as well as cut your hair, so many actually,

yet slanted and enchanted has more sentimental songs to me, summer babe and zurich is stained being the highlights. A great album and i'd recommend the Luxe and Reduxe set...48 songs for 15 bucks was well worth it. Congrats matador.

As for the rest of pavement albums i love terror twilight and wowee zowee, zowee probably the most inconsistent but has the highest highs, see rattled by the rush, and brighten the corners by default is my least favorite, but still gets plenty of listening time. Pavement is an alltime favorite band of mine. Never dissapointing in releases, cept for SM's self titled and that doesn't count.

Sounds awesome, I'm jealous.

I hear a lot of comparisons to Springsteen, which in my opinion are neither accurate or a compliment. I read someone say his vocals are 'like being cornered at a party by a drunk, only this drunk is friendly and smart'. That's probably more like it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

image003.jpg

http://www.forgottenboys.com.br/

Brilliant band! If you like any of these bands:

Faces, The Rolling Stones, MC5, Hellacopters, New York Dolls, The Heartbreakers, Jim Carroll, Tommy Rivers, Hanoi Rocks, Black Crowes, Supagroup, The Dragons, etc, etc, etc...

You will LOVE these guys! They come from Brazil, and they are GREAT!!! On the site check out the video for "Just Done" in the Download folder. They give a few things to download, so you need to scan down a bit. :D

I've been listening to a buttload of Alkaline Trio ("Good Mourning" and "Maybe I'll Catch Fire") and Glassjaw ("Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About Silence" and "Worship & Tribute") as of late.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 7, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
Sounds awesome, I'm jealous.

I hear a lot of comparisons to Springsteen, which in my opinion are neither accurate or a compliment.  I read someone say his vocals are 'like being cornered at a party by a drunk, only this drunk is friendly and smart'.    That's probably more like it.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i had to submit to that comparison, i never listened to born to run that much, and thats where they say it came from...hell i said it was like mark e. smith at first due to him speaking and not singing...but whatever, they are a really fun band, very crazy on stage, actually, haha, i said he sounds like gene wilder singing that song on the boat in willy wonka and the chocolate factory...when he starts screaming...i love it...

but the constantines were sick live too, i should mention, i left the show more impressed by them than anyone. Especially with tournament of hearts material, which i didn't really listen to that much. I was more in love with shine a light and s/t

QUOTE(bmags @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
i had to submit to that comparison, i never listened to born to run that much, and thats where they say it came from...hell i said it was like mark e. smith at first due to him speaking and not singing...but whatever, they are a really fun band, very crazy on stage, actually, haha, i said he sounds like gene wilder singing that song on the boat in willy wonka and the chocolate factory...when he starts screaming...i love it...

but the constantines were sick live too, i should mention, i left the show more impressed by them than anyone. Especially with tournament of hearts material, which i didn't really listen to that much. I was more in love with shine a light and s/t

I gotta get up on The Constantines, thx for the tip.

QUOTE(Cali @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
I've been listening to a buttload of Alkaline Trio ("Good Mourning" and "Maybe I'll Catch Fire") and Glassjaw ("Everything You've Ever Wanted to Know About Silence" and "Worship & Tribute") as of late.

Can't go wrong with Alk3.

They've been living on my MusicMatch and in my CD player for a while now.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
image003.jpg

Faces, The Rolling Stones, MC5, Hellacopters, New York Dolls, The Heartbreakers, Jim Carroll, Tommy Rivers, Hanoi Rocks, Black Crowes, Supagroup, The Dragons, etc, etc, etc...

You will LOVE these guys! They come from Brazil, and they are GREAT!!! On the site check out the video for "Just Done" in the Download folder. They give a few things to download, so you need to scan down a bit.  :D

VERY nice!

Thanks!!

:headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
image003.jpg

You will LOVE these guys! They come from Brazil, and they are GREAT!!! On the site check out the video for "Just Done" in the Download folder. They give a few things to download, so you need to scan down a bit.  :D

They're not trying to reinvent the wheel, but a cool band indeed KG. I especially enjoyed the 'God's Trash Can" video.

Thx man :cheers

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
Asking Cali if he's heard Head Automatica is like asking the Pope if he's heard of this guy called Jesus Christ.

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice one.

I love me some Head Automatica. Such quality stuff, can't wait for some new material.

O.K., if they did it with Gabriel and Hackett...oh man...I would pay SERIOUS money to see that!!! The first five Genesis albums are 5 of the greatest albums ever made. If all you know of them is the bad Phil Collins hit machine, then you do NOT know what a great band they once were. But they have been talking about this for years now, and it might happen eventually. They are all still great friends.

• 3 weeks later...