Buehrle Interview on Rome

Chisoxfn

From the sound of what Buehrle said in the interview (I don't have the exact wording) but he talked with Maggs and Maggs was hinting that something may be going down once he gets back to Chicago.

I don't know what that means, but JJAV posted it over at WSI, who listened to the interview.

Didn't see it on here, so I figured i'd pass it along. Basically Buehrle said sounding from the media things were way off between Maggs and the Sox, but then he talked with Maggs about it and Maggs hinted different.

Maybe the Sox are offering him another deal when he gets back to Chicago, who knows, but interesting nonetheless.

Valentin didn't play today either, hmmmm. Bosox?  Speculation.

Or it was just a day off. If Kenny traded Valentin, he should be fired. Jose is not going anywhere, he is the backbone of this team. He is undoubtly the leader of this team along with Ozzie.

Or it was just a day off.

:headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

It was Sabathia on the mound. Come on now. Plus, even though he has been facing lefty pitching, he's played in almost every game in the last 2 weeks. A day off was needed and it gave Willie, Timo, and Juan some playing time.

Jason, where did you see that. I went looking for it (not that hard) and couldn't find it.

A side note that I thought was funny: There was somebody posting about the trades KW made and basically made the point that Reed and Olivo aren't doing anything. Like we can tell this early. rolleyeyes.gif :knob

Anyone think maybe a trade is coming with Maggs or some sort of big deal?

Yeah, maybe that big trade that Hawk promised last year is coming this year, lol. I wonder if the Maggs for Jones/Ortiz talks are back on? I think I would still make that deal. Jones has made a couple of web gem plays in just the last week, something he hasn't had as much of this year as in years past.

i can't see any more big moves at this point. frankly i'm not sure the team needs any more big moves. of course this is somewhat dependent on maggs health, because if he's going to be out for any long period of time i think the sox will need to look to add another outfielder. don't really think i want the borchard experiment continuing through a pennant race.

i can't see any more big moves at this point. frankly i'm not sure the team needs any more big moves. of course this is somewhat dependent on maggs health, because if he's going to be out for any long period of time i think the sox will need to look to add another outfielder. don't really think i want the borchard experiment continuing through a pennant race.

welcome to soxtalk! :cheers :cheers