All Star Baseball 2004

Chisoxfn

For those of you interested in getting that game. Its currently got 10 bucks off and free shipping at amazon.com

Thats the ps2 version.

I just bought my family guy DVD. 34 or 37 bucks, but well spent. I almost never buy any DVD's but that was just too great of a show. You get 27 episodes; the 1st and 2nd season. That was with free shipping and of course no TAX!!!!!!!

Screw Amazon, get it from eBay :headbang

On new stuff, i wouldn't go to ebay. you end up paying more. I don't think you can be 39.99.

Ian, I know what ya mean. I'd call them up and tell them. I just got two books from Amazon. Damn, I like amazon now. I never bought a damn thing on the net other then a few things on ebay back in the days it was good (Before everyone started bidding up the damn prices). I was hoping World Series 2k3 would be available for 39.99, but had no luck.

Typically though, when it comes to one of the few games I actually buy, I just go to the store cause I can't wait. Just going to the store and getting the game and playing it the first time, I love doing that. I'm just not a patient person. But if it saves my cheap ass 10 bucks, then I sure as hell am going to wait. :lol:

hmm the game came out in the stores around here on tuesday but guess who had their copy monday nite when she left from work???? and only paid 29.99 for it... ps2 and its an awesome game.. keeps the kids out of my hair for hours an hours..........gotta love something with that kind  of power lol........ :D

I wish that would work for my parents....I suggested it to them once, and if they want me to leave them alone for a little bit, they send me to a friend's house.

I just recently got an original playstation....those things are ancient, but well worth the $30 I spent on the system and 6 games.

Guest wsc425
ASB isn't all that great........rented it......played it when I could......wasn't impressed.

What was wrong with it?

I want to know:

A.) How many CAP (Create A Player) spots you can use

B.) Is there a minor league system? How many players?

C.) Who are the minor leaguers?

D.) Who are the free agents in the game?

Guest wsc425
ASB isn't all that great........rented it......played it when I could......wasn't impressed.

What was wrong with it?

I want to know:

A.) How many CAP (Create A Player) spots you can use

B.) Is there a minor league system? How many players?

C.) Who are the minor leaguers?

D.) Who are the free agents in the game?

Just wondering...

I had allstar baseball last year, it's alright. However, EA Sports started from scratch this year to create MVP Baseball...ditching the old and crappy Triple Play. It's supposed to have a pretty damn cool franchise mode, and the batting/pitching interface is supposed to be the best aspect of the game. A few other things...you can simulate games by inning and jump in at any time to preserve a lead or try to catch up...and the baserunning is supposed to be a lot easier, you can actually see the players on the screen instead of having them be just little dots on a diamond. Pitching is supposed to be better, you actually pick how well you want to execute a pitch, and the higher you plan to execute it, the lower the margin of error you have to work with. I'm probly gonna go get the game this weekend, i'll let you all know how it plays.

Here's an update on my situation:

Amazon took my money already. Looks like the game will be shipping tomorrow, so I should get it by Tuesday. Look for a review from me by a week from today.

More updates soon.

I usually get my games over at EBgames, but I'll be gettin ASB04 maybe "ll try Amazon..never got ant games there, just DVDs

Guest hotsoxchick1
I usually get my games over at EBgames, but I'll be gettin ASB04 maybe "ll try Amazon..never got ant games there, just DVDs

I've gotten Vice City from Amazon, which wasn't a problem.

:nono and what are you doing with vice city??? thats a bad game.... :nono ;)

The very best baseball game ever was Ken Griffey Jr Major League baseball for Super Nintendo, that was a great game. That is the only baseball video game I ever had that I actually played through an entire season. Bo Jackson was very good in that game, and in my season Karcovice hit over 50 HR's. But since that game is from 1993 or 94 you cant trade or do anything like that, but back in the day I loved it...baseball games have gone down hill ever since. I remember Ken Griffey Jr for Nintendo 64 was good until it became too easy to play and the scores would be 60-0. Unfortunately I would never play more than 10 games a season because it was too easy...I wish i still had Super Nintendo and the original KGJ baseball :(

Karkovice was freakin huge in that game I didn't understand that. It shouldn't be too hard to find an SNES and Griffey baseball at a Funcoland around where you live. I remember the menu music for that game with the electric guitar was bangin, and you learned quickly not to test Buhner's arm.

ASB2004 for ps2 is solid. The hitting takes a while to get used to, but once you do it's alot better than the easy or zone setting. You really have to concentrate to pitch. The cards are pretty useless except for the team and uniform ones, and the scenario is fun but some of them, like hitting the 5th home run with Cameron, are hard and boring b/c you have to wait about 2 innings to hit with him again.

Yea baseball video games have gone down drastically. The score of games i usually play in all-star mode are like 20-18. The pitching sucks, and if you score in the top of the inning, they're gonna get you back in the bottom of the inning no matter what you pitch. Hitting dominates the games, I just wish the scores would be like 3-2 or somedin close to that. My hitters are all hitting over 400, while all my pitchers have an ERA over 10. I've never been able to finish a full season, because I find it not exciting at all.

Yea baseball video games have gone down drastically. The score of games i usually play in all-star mode are like 20-18. The pitching sucks, and if you score in the top of the inning, they're gonna get you back in the bottom of the inning no matter what you pitch. Hitting dominates the games, I just wish the scores would be like 3-2 or somedin close to that. My hitters are all hitting over 400, while all my pitchers have an ERA over 10. I've never been able to finish a full season, because I find it not exciting at all.

What game is this for?

I know when I played ASB last year I'd win like every game. My staff at an era of about 1.50 and my offense had everyone hitting .400 or more. I didn't even try to do it either.

What game is this for?

I know when I played ASB last year I'd win like every game. My staff at an era of about 1.50 and my offense had everyone hitting .400 or more. I didn't even try to do it either.

WSB 2K2

The very best baseball game ever was Ken Griffey Jr Major League baseball for Super Nintendo,  that was a great game.  That is the only baseball video game I ever had that I actually played through an entire season.  Bo Jackson was very good in that game, and in my season Karcovice hit over 50 HR's.  But since that game is from 1993 or 94 you cant trade or do anything like that, but back in the day I loved it...baseball games have gone down hill ever since.  I remember Ken Griffey Jr for Nintendo 64 was good until it became too easy to play and the scores would be 60-0.  Unfortunately I would never play more than 10 games a season because it was too easy...I wish i still had Super Nintendo and the original KGJ baseball  :(

I've got the 64 version. It was pretty awesome.