7/24 games

MnSoxFan

Haeger goes 5 strong, loses it in 6th, Bristol loses big. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=17353

W-S wins 3-2, glad to see Espinal back in rotation, nice relief too, Brice with big game, and Fields keep contributing with a hit and a walk. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=11827

Barons tied 1-1 in 7th

Charlotte wins 5-1, Diaz with a great start to outduel Ginter. Valdez and Nelson pace the offense, they are a great 1-2 punch at top of lineup. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=14504

Bounds, Gray and Schnurstein with help from a new player named Jake Whitesides?? lead the Kanny team to an 8-5 win. Flores with ok outing, great 3 innings of no-hit relief from Hernandez and Wasserman with another save. http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=10894

He was playing for Bangor Lumberjacks in Independent league, here are his stats. Not sure they will show up well

BATTERS AVG G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI SH SF HP BB IB SO SB CS DP SLG OBP 1B 2B 3B SS OF C E

*Whitesides, Jake .307 48 189 31 58 99 15 4 6 30 2 1 1 26 0 32 15 7 3 .524 .392 0 0 0 0 48 0 6

How old is he?

He's 23, which is a little old for Kanny, but not too old.

Birmingham won 2-1 in 10 innings. Spidale 1-3 with rbi and stolen base, and Anderson was 2-4 with a double. Bull with a very good start, giving up 1 run (earned) in 7 IP. LaMura with perfect game of relief. Bham Box

Great Falls lost 9-5. David Cook was 2-5. I guess he got sent down to Great Falls; he was previously with Kanny. Chris Kelly was 2-4 with a rbi, and Lucy was 1-4 with a rbi. Ray Liotta got roughed up for 8 runs (6 earned) in 4 IP. He also recorded 4 k's and 0 bb's. Great Falls Box

Other thoughts on today's games:

Gray just continues to hit for Kanny; He really should get a shot in W-S soon; I just don't think Armador is deserving over Gray... Javier Castillo went 3-4 for Bristol; He's been really hot lately. He's becoming my one of my new favorite players in Bristol, along with De Los Santos and Gio... Schnur and my boy Bounds stay hot for Kanny too... Brice has been super hot for W-S; he's raised his avg. like 35 pts. in 2 weeks. It's great to see him finally doing well; Maybe getting the call to play on the Australia national team got him feelin good about himself and jumpstarted him... Diaz had a great start. It's good to see him back to his early of the year form (7 IP, 1 run, 9 K, 0 BB)... I see that two ex-Knights pitched against us tonight (Ginter and Darensbourg)... Valdez with 2 more hits tonight, but no walks... Good to see LaMura dong well again back in the 'pen, where he should be. I just don't think he has any future as a starter...

Other thoughts on today's games:

Gray just continues to hit for Kanny; He really should get a shot in W-S soon; I just don't think Armador is deserving over Gray... Brice has been super hot for W-S; he's raised his avg. like 35 pts. in 2 weeks. It's great to see him finally doing well; Maybe getting the call to play on the Australia national team got him feelin good about himself and jumpstarted him

I don't see any point to moving Gray up. There is a little over a month left in the season. There is always that adjustment period of getting ready for the next level and by the time he gets adjusted he has 2-3 weeks left in the season. Might as well just let him keep his confidence up going into next season. He should be in Winston-Salem next season.

Brice probably just adjusted to the higher level. It is great to see him and Fields both coming along at the same time.

Brice probably just adjusted to the higher level. It is great to see him and Fields both coming along at the same time.

Our top outfield prospects have really been hitting well lately, Brice picking it up in WS, really looking forward to seeing his swing in Athens.

Nanita killing the ball in Kanny, how he can handle high A ball back at WS will be the key for him.

Sweeney starting to show some pop and really raising his average.

Anderson just keeps on producing at B-Ham.

I don't see any point to moving Gray up. There is a little over a month left in the season. There is always that adjustment period of getting ready for the next level and by the time he gets adjusted he has 2-3 weeks left in the season. Might as well just let him keep his confidence up going into next season. He should be in Winston-Salem next season.

Yeah, you're right about Gray. I just can't believe how little is really left of the season. It's gone by so quickly. I just don't know where the time's gone. I keep thinking like it's still early July, but I guess it'll be August in just a week. Gray should just stay in Kanny for the rest of the year, and start in W-S next year. Hopefully getting a call up to Bham mid-season, if he performs well enough.

Just curious why you guys aren't talking about Brian McNichol at all?

Today, he pitched another 2 perfect innings for the win at Birmingham, but you guys just mentioned BJ Lamura. This year so far he's 5-1 with a 1.36 ERA. This year is his first year back from Tommy John surgery and he's crushing. Right before his Tommy John surgery, he had a great year at Louisville Riverbats (AAA ball). Keep an eye on this guy, he's going to light it up.

Just curious why you guys aren't talking about Brian McNichol at all?

Today, he pitched another 2 perfect innings for the win at Birmingham, but you guys just mentioned BJ Lamura.  This year so far he's 5-1 with a 1.36 ERA.  This year is his first year back from Tommy John surgery and he's crushing.  Right before his Tommy John surgery, he had a great year at Louisville Riverbats (AAA ball).  Keep an eye on this guy, he's going to light it up.

Mrs. McNichol, nice of you to check in! :lol:

Mrs. McNichol, nice of you to check in!  :lol:

Actually, I'm not related to Brian in any way. I'm male, so that rules me out from being his wife. I know him, but that doesn't change the fact he's had a great year. Funny, with the sarcastic comment, you still didn't answer the question why people aren't paying attention to him on here. Since I don't want to do more harm than good, this will be my last post here. You just wait and see. :-)

Peace

Actually, I'm not related to Brian in any way. I'm male, so that rules me out from being his wife.  I know him, but that doesn't change the fact he's had a great year.  Funny, with the sarcastic comment, you still didn't answer the question why people aren't paying attention to him on here.  Since I don't want to do more harm than good, this will be my last post here.  You just wait and see. :-)

Peace

My contact in Birmingham is very pleased with McNichol, I was concerned with his 15 day suspension, normally means drugs or roids. I did not know he had TJ surgery, that is great that he has come back this well already. I think he and Smith deserve a fair shot at AAA and see if they can help big club next year. I hope we keep him in the org.

Actually, I'm not related to Brian in any way. I'm male, so that rules me out from being his wife.  I know him, but that doesn't change the fact he's had a great year.  Funny, with the sarcastic comment, you still didn't answer the question why people aren't paying attention to him on here.  Since I don't want to do more harm than good, this will be my last post here.  You just wait and see. :-)

Peace

Feel free to stick around....it's great having other guys that know the minors.

That Barons bullpen has been lights out. McNichol and Smith have been a big part of it.

Peace

First off, stick around and welcome aboard :)

I have noticed what McNichol is doing and I believe their are at least a few unsung heros on that Birmingham team. The Barons team in general, doesn't get a bunch of hype, and to me their are a whole lot of guys in their bullpen that can contribute at the major league level (eventually) as well as their rotation. Offensively you have Spidale and Anderson who look like they will be capable of reaching the majors and then a lot of guys who could prove me wrong, but they have a lot of mionr league veterans in a sense.

I was unaware of McNichol's injury, but I have noticed him pitching his butt off the entire year. Him, Josh Fields, Matt Smith, Bull, Lamura have all been doing a fantastic job out of the pen. Bull has also done a nice job in his spot starts.

Heard it somewhere, and then remembering that you have a girly voice.....it's a perfect fit.

Remember, I DO have a voicemail on my phone of you saying "Hi....my name is Jason...How are you?.....I am super! Thanks for asking!"

:ph34r:

Heard it somewhere, and then remembering that you have a girly voice.....it's a perfect fit.

Remember, I DO have a voicemail on my phone of you saying "Hi....my name is Jason...How are you?.....I am super! Thanks for asking!"

:ph34r:

Yep....your career is definately on the decline :P :lol: