7/25 games

MnSoxFan

Young with his 18th dinger I think, among his 3 hits, Bounds and Haggerty contribute, Nanita still out of lineup. Haigwood with 10th win in nice outing, great relief by Fabio and Wasserman. 4-2 win for Kanny

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...px?GAMEID=10895

W-S won 6-2, no box yet. Birmingham postponed, so to the nudie bars for Rex I would guess. Hah.

Haigwood sure hasn't been as dominant as some, but he definitely keeps Kanny in every game, which is good to see. Nice to Young doing well again.

Other games:

Charlotte down 4-3 in Top of 8th

Bristol up 4-0 in top of 2nd

Great Falls just started; no score yet

....Wunsch pitches. Get back here now for the love of God, Kelly:

That's for sure - delegate mop-up duty to Cotts and Adkins, and let Kelly be the situational vs. lefty guy. How many innings has Wunsch pitched this season at Charlotte? I know he's been hurt for most of the year, but I'm curious to know. Err, I can probably just find it on that website with the box score.

;) Kanny is playing great ball right now. They've won 9 of 12 and are 13-3 on the road second half. Antoin is their player of the year right now. He has been solid all year long. But should he go up? No. This group is in 1st place with 40 games to go. Keep them together and let them show they can be winners as well as prospects. Schnurs had a great second half but is going nowhere as long as Fields hits .240 with 6 errors in 30 games. Daigel and Bounds are doing well but until Rogo goes up, there is no good reason to move them (I have personally watched Rogo play several games, and he is simply a man among boys!) Wasserman could go up with his funky delivery but he now leads the league in saves. Young has 18 dingers but still is batting .250. Let these guys finish together and try to win the league. Most will be at W-S next year anyways.

Bristol was winning 8-0 in Top of 4th, but game was postponed (not sure why, probably 'cause rain).

Still no box for Winston-Salem...

Great Falls lost 16-6. Josh Hansen was 2-4 with a double, and Matt Deuchler was 3-4 with a double, 3 rbi, and a stolen base. Gary Bakker was absolutely shelled, giving up 10 ER in 2.1 IP. Boone Logan pitched 2.1 scoreless innings of relief. Great Falls Box

That's for sure - delegate mop-up duty to Cotts and Adkins, and let Kelly be the situational vs. lefty guy.  How many innings has Wunsch pitched this season at Charlotte?  I know he's been hurt for most of the year, but I'm curious to know.  Err, I can probably just find it on that website with the box score.

Get over Kelly Wunsch........... He ain't comin back! He's so far gone he is not even on the 40-man anymore.......

;) Kanny is playing great ball right now.  They've won 9 of 12 and are 13-3 on the road second half.  Antoin is their player of the year right now.  He has been solid all year long.  But should he go up?  No.  This group is in 1st place with 40 games to go.  Keep them together and let them show they can be winners as well as prospects.  Schnurs had a great second half but is going nowhere as long as Fields hits .240 with 6 errors in 30 games.  Daigel and Bounds are doing well but until Rogo goes up, there is no good reason to move them (I have personally watched Rogo play several games, and he is simply a man among boys!)  Wasserman could go up with his funky delivery but he now leads the league in saves.  Young has 18 dingers but still is batting .250.  Let these guys finish together and try to win the league.  Most will be at W-S next year anyways.

I pretty much agree with you in full. The only thing I may do is promote one of their starters to Winston Salem. With another starter Winston Salem should be able to compete for a division title, instilling winning to them, while Gio Gonzalez could move up to Kannapolis and fit in just fine, imo.

:) Ya, that could work.

One other possibility would be Nanita moving back up to Winston Salem. Clint King is a pretty good hitter and if he can get into a groove and get 100% in time, then it could make sense, although I know Nanita had been hampered by an injury for a bit as of late.

Still no box for Winston-Salem...

You just have to know how to look for them. ;) I think they are missing an inning's worth on the pitching line, but who really cares? 2 hits for Lopez, Brice, Amador, Becker, and Nicholson. Look everyone Lopez drew a walk. 16 in 306 at bats. Box

I scan them quick, but the link was so short I missed it. But my box score shows Dizard throwing the two innings yours did not.

It does now, MILB.com takes some time to update the box score. They update it partially. It's currently got the Dizard line and I didn't edit the link.

Does anyone read my posts?

It's alright Dan; People may not read your posts, but it's not as bad as no one reading your articles like no one reads mine :lol:

If I just could get some info on this idea for a feature that I had, maybe people would read then :unsure: ...

Is Dizard the guy we drafted who they said his knees were pretty much shot, and that is why he slipped in the draft?  If not who am I thinking of???

Matt Nachreiner, who was our 5th round draft pick last year and is currently in Great Falls.

Dizard slipped b/c he had a rough year statistically and emotionally b/c his dad was diagnosed (died?) with a brain toomer, iirc.

Is Dizard the guy we drafted who they said his knees were pretty much shot, and that is why he slipped in the draft?  If not who am I thinking of???

Thats Matt Nachreiner (spelling?). He's in short season again and has had some good outings. He got roughed up last year and is making some strides this year. Haven't read anything about his knees bothering him as of yet.