Corey Lidle?

They could've gotten Lidle in the offseason for free.

The Sox have always liked Lidle.

If his cost is cheap, it's always good to add some depth. If it's a choice between Shoeneweis and Lidle for 5th starter, I go with Lidle.

Sox need a bullpen arm first and foremost.

Lidle always seemed to turn it on in the second half with the A's, what did he have a 20+ scoreless innings streak in 2002? I know that the Sox were on of those teams he shut down in that streak. I'd take him over Show.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported this morning that the Twins management has told Doug Men-Gay-b**** he'll be traded before the deadline.

Supposedly he's going to Pittsburgh along with Michael Restovich for Kris Benson. If that falls through, he'll be going to the Red Sox, who need better defense at 1B.

Pretty risky for the Twins to mess around with that team chemistry, although they've got this Morneau kid to play 1B and he is their future.

Tough call on Lidle, but I do like these numbers:

Since 2001,

Lidle in US Cellular-- 1.69 ERA

Lidle vs Clev -- 3-3, 2.23 ERA, Opp BA .172

Lidle vs KC -- 2-1, 3.03 ERA, Opp BA .230

Lidle vs Minn -- 1-3, 3.93 ERA, Opp Ba .246

Lidle vs. Det -- 2-1, 3.96 ERA, Opp BA .225

Tough call on Lidle, but I do like these numbers:

Since 2001,

Lidle in US Cellular-- 1.69 ERA

Lidle vs Clev -- 3-3, 2.23 ERA, Opp BA .172

Lidle vs KC -- 2-1, 3.03 ERA, Opp BA .230

Lidle vs Minn -- 1-3, 3.93 ERA, Opp Ba .246

Lidle vs. Det -- 2-1, 3.96 ERA, Opp BA .225

Bingo.

That's why the Sox want him. Good job looking that stuff up :cheers

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported this morning that the Twins management has told Doug Men-Gay-b**** he'll be traded before the deadline.

Supposedly he's going to Pittsburgh along with Michael Restovich for Kris Benson.  If that falls through, he'll be going to the Red Sox, who need better defense at 1B.

Pretty risky for the Twins to mess around with that team chemistry, although they've got this Morneau kid to play 1B and he is their future.

If that deal with Pittsburgh goes through, I am not feeling good about our playoff chances.

If Benson pitches good and they open up a spot for Morneau in the process of acquiring him, the Twins will have gotten a whole lot better, imo, and I'm not even much of a Benson fan, although he has pitched very well of late.

If Lidle comes cheaply its not a bad idea, although I don't know if he's really any better then Scho and the distraction it would cause to have Scho move to the pen may not be worth it, imo.

One nice thing about Lidle is that his WHIP of 1.35 is at least respectable. I'd say that could give him a lower ERA. Also, if you look at his splits, he was decent every month but July where he has been atrocious. But it may also be the NL figuring him out, because his opponents average has went up every month.

Although he was pretty damn good in 2001 and 2002.

If Benson pitches good and they open up a spot for Morneau in the process of acquiring him, the Twins will have gotten a whole lot better, imo, and I'm not even much of a Benson fan, although he has pitched very well of late. 

Bingo.

Benson is way better than Silva, Lohse or Greisinger, and to add to that they actually start using a 1B who can actually hit.

I'm scared. C'mon Mets, make some stupid offer to overpay for this guy.

if you look at this guys stats, hes got the worst stats of anyone on the sox... his only good year was 2001 with the A's 13 and 6 with a mid 3 ERA

this year his ERA in the NL is well over 5

NO THANKS

Monday morning, 10:00 A.M. Boers and Bernstein said that George Offman said that he's heard that while the White Sox will not be spending big bucks with any trade pickup, the Sox are interested in obtaining Corey Lidle.

Also said that Guardado turned down the chance to be traded to the Indians.

Seriously, that is f***ing pathetic. Not willing to take on anymore money? That's a load of bulls***. We've packed the stadium for what, the last month or so, and as long as we stay in contention, we're going to keep packing the park, and all we get is 'we're not gonna add more payroll'?

Bulls***, man...

Seriously, that is f***ing pathetic.  Not willing to take on anymore money?  That's a load of bulls***.  We've packed the stadium for what, the last month or so, and as long as we stay in contention, we're going to keep packing the park, and all we get is 'we're not gonna add more payroll'?

Bulls***, man...

First of all...................consider the source.

Seriously, that is f***ing pathetic.  Not willing to take on anymore money?  That's a load of bulls***.  We've packed the stadium for what, the last month or so, and as long as we stay in contention, we're going to keep packing the park, and all we get is 'we're not gonna add more payroll'?

Bulls***, man...

Remember, this is just what Offman is saying. No reason to take that as the truth, especially since KW of all people basically dropped Randy Johnson's name and I don't think he'd do that unless he really considers him an option.

KW isn't one to go around talking about things getting done. He's usually very quiet about things and it leads to a lot of speculation, especially because he is such an agressive GM.

Remember, this is just what Offman is saying.  No reason to take that as the truth, especially since KW of all people basically dropped Randy Johnson's name and I don't think he'd do that unless he really considers him an option.

KW isn't one to go around talking about things getting done.  He's usually very quiet about things and it leads to a lot of speculation, especially because he is such an agressive GM.

Good point, Chisox and upnorth. Overreaction by me - Kenny does like 'flying under the radar', so I doubt he would release any info like that out to absolutely anyone.