Yay Joe!!!

WilliamTell

After seeing Timo and Gload play like little leaguers in RF, I would love to see Borchard play out there everyday.  He might not be the best, but he isn't going to turn doubles into triples on a routine basis either.

Hitting at the Cell could really improve his confidence as well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most of his games for us this season before this season were away from home.

All I know is that last night he absolutely crushed that ball. You don't see many homers hit out that way (dead center) in our park, I can only recall Sosa and Konerko doing it this year thus far. My guess is that you won't see him tonight because of Santana, but you'll definitely see Light Tower in the lineup on Wednesday versus Silva.

From the stories it sounded 450-500 foot.

Thoughts on Borchard ...

I loved that swing last nite, that was the best thing of the whole evening (had to take away something positive :lol: ).

His swing was short and quick, a thing of beauty. I would love to see him get about 100 at bats in a row by playing every day, don't know if it's possible. I would not be shocked to see him in there tonite, Gload in particular would be a disaster vs. Santana.

Mike, on those spring training home runs ... yes, he drilled one out of TEP that went out onto Ajo Road, this was a right handed shot. Granted, the air is thinner out there and the ball carries more. But I remember looking into the dugout and the players were like, "wow". I would guess about 450+ feet.

The other thing, Borchard has a reputation as a big-game player. This is a big game tonite and the team needs a spark.

Barring a trade, I expect we will see a lot of him vs. Detroit and KC.

haha, how did you guys feel about Reed getting traded? I wasn't here. On the espn boards we weren't too happy.

I have no problem with having traded Reed rather then Borchard, regardless of how well or poorly the two perform. In Reed you knew you would very likely get a good productive player. In Borchard, you will be much more likely to get a bust. However, you are also much more likely to get an MVP and hall of famer. It is a gamble: high risk-high reward. I for one am willing to accept such risks for the possible payoff.