With this offense we will do shit

WSoxShuf

Wasn't Minny something like seven or eight out at the deadline or in July last year?

But yeah - the season is over.  rolleyeyes.gif

Surprise surprise - the two biggest knee-jerks on the board, Shuf and Jeckle, have given up on the season. 

My one beef right now is that Ozzie has Jose hitting in the two-hole, and he obviously shouldn't be there.  Jose is a HR/RBI guy, not an OBP guy.  Tomorrow, I want to see Harris and Rowand leading off - at least Harris will take a lot of pitches, and Rowand is a good contact guy to put right in that two hole.

don't compare this team to the twins. the only thing these teams have in common is that they play in the same division.

I think I'm going to start a thread about how the sox should be sellers since the deadline is coming up. The season is over, the sky is falling, we have no chance at this division so just go away then, if the seasons over, why bother?

No we need to rebuild and get ready for next year.

The fact is that this is a second place team that can't win s***.

I'm just sickened and depressed but I guess reality can do that to ya :puke

I need to lay down... :crying

Rebuild my ass. This is a team on the rise not a team at the end of a run. Injuries happen my friend, that's just one of those things really. It doesn't at all mean that we need to rebuild.

rolleyeyes.gif

Rebuild my ass.  This is a team on the rise not a team at the end of a run.  Injuries happen my friend, that's just one of those things really.  It doesn't at all mean that we need to rebuild.

rolleyeyes.gif

Nuke, you make no sense, we've lost 3 games in a row this season is over, next season is over, the future is doomed. :crying

Irregardless of the outcome of the game, KW needs to get us some more hitters and fast.

Jesus, what is it with all of the drama queens?

boo, hoo we lost a game :crying

boo, hoo we are 2 1/2 games out :crying

boo, hoo no one is hitting :crying

Go on broadway, please. The act is getting old here.

I have a couple of thoughts on this thread I would like to add. First: No, tomorrow is not a "must win" nor are any of the rest of the games this week. Just like the Twins could come back from 7 back, so can the Sox, at least mathematically. However, that said, the actual truth is that even though these are not a true "must wins", the problem is that we really don't want the Sox to get to September and wind up facing 10 or 15 true "must wins".

Second: the Sox don't need more hitting as much as they need better pitching. With Ordonez and Thomas, the situation was no different then it is now - when the hitters were hot they could win and when they were slumping they simply couldn't. It is just that now when the hitters are hot, they win by 4 and 5 runs rather then 8 or 9. What the Sox need now, is to improve the pitching so they can win some of those games where the hitting is cold.

LT