With this offense we will do shit

WSoxShuf

Oh sure, that's all this team needs is yet ANOTHER slugger popping up or grounding out. Or better yet, a wannabe slugger flying out.

Regardless of the outcome of the game, we have the hitters to get the job done IF they'd unstick their collective cranium from their collective rectum. Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko, Jose Valentin, and Joe Crede all have the potential to be all-field hitters and not just home run hitters. Juan Uribe proved earlier this year that when he decides to hit to all fields he can do a wonderful job. And Carl Everett and ARow can get the job done too.

I however do concede that there's little hope for BenDyMie The Three Headed Catcher and Joe Borchard (at this point).

No we need to rebuild and get ready for next year.

The fact is that this is a second place team that can't win s***.

I'm just sickened and depressed but I guess reality can do that to ya :puke

I need to lay down... :crying

Jeckle, shut up. They are showing some good signs this inning. You have to remember we are facing the hottest pitcher in the majors tonight. Rebuild? WTF? :huh

what is this, like the 5th time you've given up on this season?

your a joke of a fan, shutup.

Why is it that every time we lose, there's always someone that says our seasons over. It's like clockwork... everyone here gives up so easily. So we'll be 2 and 1/2 games out, so what, we need to stay confident that we'll take tomorrow's game (Loaiza is due for a good game), and play our much easier schedule than the Twins schedule, and win this f***ING DIVISION GOD DAMMIT! :headbang

The season is not over, but our offense is flat out awful right now. 2 runs yesterday, just 3 today and all on homers. Lately, the only way we're scoring is from homers (mostly solo shots). Its so f***ing frustrating watching this offense right now. They score 10 one day then score under 4 four or five straight games. We have been so inconsistent this much its sickening

The season is not over, but our offense is flat out awful right now. 2 runs yesterday, just 3 today and all on homers. Lately, the only way we're scoring is from homers (mostly solo shots). Its so f***ing frustrating watching this offense right now. They score 10 one day then score under 4 four or five straight games. We have been so inconsistent this much its sickening

The offense has been like this since 2001. I'm actually used to it now.

ElCaballo is right, we've been 2 1/2 games out a few times this year and always find our way back to the lead, but we give it right back. This team just needs to except that Frank and Maggs aren't here right now. Someone needs to step up and Carlos Lee has been doing a damn good job with it. Jose Valentin needs to get his act going, he's been doing a terrible job recently. This team is only out if they think they're out. There's plenty of season left.

All KW has to do is clone 8 Aaron Rowand's, right? Of course, then we're golden.

All KW has to do is clone 8 Aaron Rowand's, right?  Of course, then we're golden.

Wouldn't hav worked tonight. Of course once Ozzie decides to move Jose out of the #2 hole and back into the #6 or #7 hole, this offense I feel will get going again.

Wasn't Minny something like seven or eight out at the deadline or in July last year?

But yeah - the season is over. rolleyeyes.gif

Surprise surprise - the two biggest knee-jerks on the board, Shuf and Jeckle, have given up on the season.

My one beef right now is that Ozzie has Jose hitting in the two-hole, and he obviously shouldn't be there. Jose is a HR/RBI guy, not an OBP guy. Tomorrow, I want to see Harris and Rowand leading off - at least Harris will take a lot of pitches, and Rowand is a good contact guy to put right in that two hole.

This team has a rough road ahead of them with out their two sluggers, but they'll bounce back. I think tomorrow should be classified as a must win game. If they're only 1 1/2 games out afterwards then we'll feel decent about this series.

Tomorrow, to me atleast, is not even a must win. It's an important game, but not a must win.

A must win game is one in late August or early September, and you are 4 games out going into the finale of a series against the team in front of you, and a win puts you 3 games out, a loss 5 games out, and it practically makes or breaks your season.

Tomorrow's game does not make or break our season.

Oh sure, that's all this team needs is yet ANOTHER slugger popping up or grounding out. Or better yet, a wannabe slugger flying out.

Regardless of the outcome of the game, we have the hitters to get the job done IF they'd unstick their collective cranium from their collective rectum. Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko, Jose Valentin, and Joe Crede all have the potential to be all-field hitters and not just home run hitters. Juan Uribe proved earlier this year that when he decides to hit to all fields he can do a wonderful job. And Carl Everett and ARow can get the job done too.

Our hitters do have the ability to hit to all fields. However they are mentally challenged and these dogs will not change. We have been through 3 hitting coaches who have all attempted the same thing. Have them use the entire field.

I dont understand Uribe. I mean most hitters review tape and try to figure out what they are doing when they are in a slump. Konerko watched tape after tape and did hard work last year to get out of the slump. Uribe steps in the bucket now to cheat on the fastball in so he can hit it for power. I have no faith that he will fix it this year, he is a mental midget. Who remembers Olivo resting his bat on his shoulder all of last year. It took winter ball to fix that.

Valentin needs to go away. I know we all love his long home runs. But I never thought I would see a .239 hitters with almost 100 Ks hitting in the two hole.

Long looping swings, cheating on the fastball in, rolling their wrists over on the fastball away.

Corpseball the 2004 edition. Maybe at the end of the year press conference he can talk about grinders again. And then lock up grinder valentin and his 239 average for another year.

We need hitters more on the side of the .280 mark instead of hitters towards the .250 mark.

Tomorrow, to me atleast, is not even a must win.  It's an important game, but not a must win.

A must win game is one in late August or early September, and you are 4 games out going into the finale of a series against the team in front of you, and a win puts you 3 games out, a loss 5 games out, and it practically makes or breaks your season.

Tomorrow's game does not make or break our season.

Nice way to put it, so many people in may or june say that a certain game or even series is a must win when it simply isn't.