Soxtalk: Time to come Together

The Beast

As White Sox fans I know we are entitled to our own opinions about the team.

But what I also know is if there is a divided fan base it is not good because we as fans need to be on one page.

I'm so happy to see posters who are still in, that is great. But you need to realize we are all in this together, no matter what.

As for those of you who want out. Thats fine, just know what this is your baseball team you are talking about.

Ozzie Guillen comes in and lights a fire up this teams ass. Kenny Williams brings in Carl Everett, Juan Uribe, Shingo Takatsu and Freddy Garcia, and that doesn't leave you excited for our team in the playoffs.

Shame. Thats all I have to say.

But for the remainder of the fans who are still loyal to their team, lets band together and cheer this team on til the end.

Lets go White Sox!

:cheers :cheers :headbang

Very well put. I'm with this team until the end, and I won't say its over until we are mathematically out of it, and boys and girls we are a LONG way from that. I think with the soft part of our schedule coming up and the Twins running into the hard part of theirs we will be ok. GO SOX!

Very well put.  I'm with this team until the end, and I won't say its over until we are mathematically out of it, and boys and girls we are a LONG way from that.  I think with the soft part of our schedule coming up and the Twins running into the hard part of theirs we will be ok.  GO SOX!

Yeah, so why is everyone panicking?

We can always get presents for Christmas early at the trade deadline.

Yeah, so why is everyone panicing?

We can always get presents for Christmas early at the trade deadline.

I've only been reading/posting here for a few months now and I think most people here panic for the simple fact that they aren't true fans. If the Sox lose a series, get swept, lose a close game etc.....most people on this board are ready to give up on the season, calling for people to be traded and what not. Being 3.5 games out with over two months to play is not being in that bad of a position. We, as fans, have to keep it together just like the players do. If we stop supporting them and going to the park to watch the games this team won't succeed. Fans are an integral part of every successful organization, I just wish there weren't so many bandwagon fans here.

As White Sox fans I know we are entitled to our own opinions about the team.

But what I also know is if there is a divided fan base it is not good because we as fans need to be on one page.

I'm so happy to see posters who are still in, that is great. But you need to realize we are all in this together, no matter what.

As for those of you who want out. Thats fine, just know what this is your baseball team you are talking about.

Ozzie Guillen comes in and lights a fire up this teams ass. Kenny Williams brings in Carl Everett, Juan Uribe, Shingo Takatsu and Freddy Garcia, and that doesn't leave you excited for our team in the playoffs.

Shame. Thats all I have to say.

But for the remainder of the fans who are still loyal to their team, lets band together and cheer this team on til the end.

Lets go White Sox!

:cheers  :cheers  :headbang

Second day in a row I tip my cap to ya Beastly, Good Post. :headbang

But i will say this, who ever doesn't wanna be here or doesn't have loyalty towards this team then nicely i'll ask for you to leave. Like I said last night part of being a fan is being critical, But it kinds Sucks when it goes overboard and people start insulting the players cause they make a mistake. Ahhh the players are human just me and you and they do make mistakes. The Jose bashing is dumb if the team as a unit (no pun intended) would have played better that Error by Jose would have gone unnoticed. Even Shingo got bashed cause he gave up a RUN. I haven't seen a pitcher end the season with an 0.00 ERA with a lot of innings pitched. And that's my poinbt were the bashing gets DUMB IGNORANT AND STUPID.

Again who doesn't like this team there's 29 more to pick, I know i've been a fan since my day one which was almost 29 years ago and cwsox, yasny and others have been fans longer and either me or them are about to give up now.

:fthecubs

FWIW, I think KnuckleSox atleast tried to jump back on...he looked at the two team's schedules and saw how much easier ours is.

Sorry but i don't care you can't be a fan cause of a schedule. You're a fan cause it's passion and what you love not a schedule, that's being a fair weather fan. NO THANKS. :nono

You say you want people to come together, then you preemptively slam anyone that said the White Sox might not make the playoffs, if they later on change their mind.

Seems strange.

SB

Well it is their choice. If they want to come back, then fine. If not, that is okay too.

Sorry but i don't care you can't be a fan cause of a schedule. You're a fan cause it's passion and what you love not a schedule, that's being a fair weather fan. NO THANKS.  :nono

Agree 100%.

This team has a shot to win, because of the team itself...the schedule should be a non-factor.

We're out 3.5 with 2 months left...we are SO done. rolleyeyes.gif :headshake

To those who gave kudos to my post.

Thank you. I believe those people who actually listened to me even when I was somewhat of an idiot, (I'm first to admit, I was) are kind hearted people, and I should be owing you all my gratitude.

Believers, thanks, I hope I can make more out of you as I go post more efficiently and quality on soxtalk. :headbang

Butter Paruque-Out

gr8shagz-Out

KnunkleSox-Out

Ozzietheairdale-Out

Dan Pasque's Rec Specs-Out

POPPY HIDALGO-Out

Jeckle2000-Out

^ Are all out, and maybe more if we lose a few more games :nono  :headshake

IM NOT f***ING OUT, WDF?

I've only been reading/posting here for a few months now and I think most people here panic for the simple fact that they aren't true fans.  If the Sox lose a series, get swept, lose a close game etc.....most people on this board are ready to give up on the season, calling for people to be traded and what not.  Being 3.5 games out with over two months to play is not being in that bad of a position.  We, as fans, have to keep it together just like the players do.  If we stop supporting them and going to the park to watch the games this team won't succeed.  Fans are an integral part of every successful organization, I just wish there weren't so many bandwagon fans here.

You are absolutely right. I find it baffling. I once got in a fight with a guy who insisted that the whiny ones were really ex-Cub fans who jumped off that bandwagon and onto this one. I used to laugh at the idea of a Sox 'bandwagon', but I'm starting to wonder if he was right.

If you're freaking out now, then just how long have you really been committed to this team, anyway? Commit or go away. We're a tribe, man.

:cheers