Jose Valentin is losing this season

WSoxShuf

Well.. that's just how the team is going right now

This is truth. It seems no matter what Ozzie tries to get this team to do, it blows up in their faces. Being a Jeff Burton fan (non-NASCAR fans won't get the full gist of this) I can tell you tons of stories about bad luck and this team is exhibiting signs of it. More signs of stupid, lazy ball, but there has been a decent amount of bad luck mixed in with it. ;)

The only 2 guys I have trust to be able to pitch over errors are Buehrle and Garcia. The others have to make you nervous when an error comes up. Garcia does seem to get a bit pissed but is good enough to pitch over most of them.

And that’s the problem Jester. Come playoff time the only two pitchers we can count our life with is Garcia and Buehrle. We can’t do it if they’re the only ones trying.... we need to get going fast with our SP. Scott did great but the error by Jose bit him in the ass and he got the big L for his performance.

I love Jose.

On a true team, somebody picks up a guy like Jose who has

won a f***ing lot of games the past several years.

Joe B coulda hit a f***ing pop fly to cf and we win.

Somebody else coulda come through tonight.

We got five hits.

We gots no bats, folks.

We lost Hurt and Maggs and nobody's stepping up.

It ain't just Jose.

If Joe B's single goes through yesterday, he gets Jose off

the hook.

I am sick of hearing how we can't get rid of Jose because he is such a leader, he is the leader in the clubhouse and on the field.  Well he has led us to 3 straight underachieving seasons and we are on our way to our forth. 

Sorry Jose

Its time to for you to go.

:sleep :chair :headshake

I bet Jose is back with us for 1-2 yrs at about $5MM/yr.

And I hope to see him next year wearing our Sox uniform. He is really a great SS but some people just like to backstab him a lot. When he hits a walk-off HR everyone is kissing his ass... now everyone seems to be ripping him apart.

And I hope to see him next year wearing our Sox uniform. He is really a great SS but some people just like to backstab him a lot. When he hits a walk-off HR everyone is kissing his ass...  now everyone seems to be ripping him apart.

:notworthy :headbang

May the force be with you........ :ph34r:

I am not known for adoring StJosE6.

I did not see the past few games. I cannot comment on his recent play. I have seen him play badly and seen him play extraordinary since we got him in 2000.

Whatever he did in a recent game or two, or even all season, he is not losing this season for us, that is over stated.

It is a team game. A player may cost us a game or two. No one player ever costs us a season.

I will not get on StJosE6's case now - I will cheer for him because I think part of my job as a fan is to try and lift up the spirits of a plater who is struggling. I certainly don't perform at 100% every day on my job and I prefer it when my employer says, "we'll get 'em tomorrow" rather than "you suck." What I want for me, I want for others, for Jose.

Jose! Jose, Jose, Jose!

Jose! Jose!

This same discussion has been going on for 3+ years now.  It's old and it's tired.  In all this time has one person changed their mind on whether of not they like Jose?

Nope, i have always had a neutral opinion about him.

IMO, if we had some contact hitters to get on base valentin would be playing better and trying to manufacture runs.  But since we dont he looks like a damn bum.  Considering we got Uribe and Harris I say trade him if he doesnt cut his mustache.

:headshake

This same discussion has been going on for 3+ years now.  It's old and it's tired.  In all this time has one person changed their mind on whether of not they like Jose?

Nope and that is a GOOD point...and that is why I am now mute on the subject...I have expressed my opinion heard the opinion of others....we are far from finding a happy medium, so I figure to just let the play on the field show who is right and who is wrong...

Now that being said, everyone sees what they want to see...I'm blinded by his errors, mental mistakes, and overswinging to see his clutch hitting, for the most part good baserunning, and leadership in the clubhouse....for others its vice versa!

This argument has no end its like trying to argue what came first "the chicken or the egg"....

Nope and that is a GOOD point...and that is why I am now mute on the subject...I have expressed my opinion heard the opinion of others....we are far from finding a happy medium, so I figure to just let the play on the field show who is right and who is wrong...

Now that being said, everyone sees what they want to see...I'm blinded by his errors, mental mistakes, and overswinging to see his clutch hitting, for the most part good baserunning, and leadership in the clubhouse....for others its vice versa!

This argument has no end its like trying to argue what came first "the chicken or the egg"....

It was the chicken! :bang

The heroic endings of Valentin and Crede would not be issues if they did anything during the game to produce. Each are hitting around .240 which causes the game to be tight and they produce at the end after causing us to lose the two or three games when they go 0-4 with 3 K's. IF Borchard homers tonight and wins the game 3-2 because of it, is he now a "leader." The leader of an underachieving team for the 4th straight year is kind of like being the leader of Enron.

The ungodly amount of pop-ups that this team continues to hit without being able to foul off good pitches year after year leads to our continued failure.

The heroic endings of Valentin and Crede would not be issues if they did anything during the game to produce.  Each are hitting around .240 which causes the game to be tight and they produce at the end after causing us to lose the two or three games when they go 0-4 with 3 K's.

C'mon HSC'sBF..... Crede's always been a second half player. rolleyeyes.gif