By not trading, the sox show fans to fuck off

WSoxShuf

Jeebus H. Christpunchers. Some people are just never satisfied.

We get the best pitcher on the market when we desperately needed a 5th starter and when that went down everybody lamented over "All Star" Miguel Olivo and Jeremy Reed being shipped off. Last time I checked, Miguel Olivo was a 2 day a week player, had a bad time calling games and was having definite trouble hitting RHP. Reed was not going to help us this season or for a while since we have Lee, Rowand and Magglio who most Sox fans all want to see for the long term. Where does that make room for Reed etc.? We got the best damn pitcher available and I for one thank KW for that. We'd still be in the Rauch/Diaz/Munoz/Cotts/my grandmother search for the 5th starter if he didn't pull the trigger. The fact that we got him for 3 years is even better. All the reactionary "OMG!!111!! He'll have an ERA of 32743274973248234 and he's a flyball pitcher who will lose a bunch of games" has been proven wrong by Garcia pitching for us. He's been a stud and he is a stud.

Then he gets us a bat in Carl Everett because we needed more bats. Carl has helped out in the absense of Magglio and Thomas. KW can't control a bum ankle for Thomas occurring at the same time as Magglio has more leg problems so don't blame him for that at all.

Jesus f***ing Christ...I'd bet if KW walked on water some people around here would b**** that he couldn't swim.

And besides, trades are hard to pull off. I can't get 4 friends to decide where to go out to eat some weekends at school because of prices, tastes, etc. We're talking about the same thing with price tags but instead of $10-20 we're talking millions of dollars. Some people act like a trade can be completed in 1-3 phone calls. KW can't keep people from getting injured and he can't go out on the field and play the damn game for our underachieving players either so quit laying the blame at the feet of KW. He's busted his ass hard to get players like Garcia on the South Side. Put the blame where it belongs...with the underachieving players putting on the uni like Valentin who is 1 for his last 26 in ABs, Mike Jackson, Carlos "Swing for the Fences all the damn time but end up popping out to 2nd base" Lee and Neal Cotts who I can only hope ever gets that call from Mr. Pitch Control among numerous others that it'd take too long to name. Konerko's back has to hurt from his attempt to carry this team.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeebus H. Christpunchers.  Some people are just never satisfied.

We get the best pitcher on the market when we desperately needed a 5th starter and when that went down everybody lamented over "All Star" Miguel Olivo and Jeremy Reed being shipped off.  Last time I checked, Miguel Olivo was a 2 day a week player, had a bad time calling games and was having definite trouble hitting RHP.  Reed was not going to help us this season or for a while since we have Lee, Rowand and Magglio who most Sox fans all want to see for the long term.  Where does that make room for Reed etc.?  We got the best damn pitcher available and I for one thank KW for that.  We'd still be in the Rauch/Diaz/Munoz/Cotts/my grandmother search for the 5th starter if he didn't pull the trigger.  The fact that we got him for 3 years is even better.  All the reactionary "OMG!!111!! He'll have an ERA of 32743274973248234 and he's a flyball pitcher who will lose a bunch of games" has been proven wrong by Garcia pitching for us.  He's been a stud and he is a stud.

Then he gets us a bat in Carl Everett because we needed more bats.  Carl has helped out in the absense of Magglio and Thomas.  KW can't control a bum ankle for Thomas occurring at the same time as Magglio has more leg problems so don't blame him for that at all.

Jesus f***ing Christ...I'd bet if KW walked on water some people around here would b**** that he couldn't swim.

And besides, trades are hard to pull off.  I can't get 4 friends to decide where to go out to eat some weekends at school because of prices, tastes, etc.  We're talking about the same thing with price tags but instead of $10-20 we're talking millions of dollars.  Some people act like a trade can be completed in 1-3 phone calls.  KW can't keep people from getting injured and he can't go out on the field and play the damn game for our underachieving players either so quit laying the blame at the feet of KW.  He's busted his ass hard to get players like Garcia on the South Side.  Put the blame where it belongs...with the underachieving players putting on the uni like Valentin who is 1 for his last 26 in ABs, Mike Jackson, Carlos "Swing for the Fences all the damn time but end up popping out to 2nd base" Lee and Neal Cotts who I can only hope ever gets that call from Mr. Pitch Control among numerous others that it'd take too long to name.  Konerko's back has to hurt from his attempt to carry this team.

:notworthy

Moaners :finger

Believers :snr :headbang

Kenny already pulled off his blockbuster trade, that guy is named freddy garcia.  A minor trade can really shake things up, this has been used as an example quite a bit but it's a great example the shannon stewart deal to the twins last year, shook up their whole team and basically won them the division.

I wouldn't call Stewert a 'minor' trade. That's a huge pickup.

So what 4-5 in the last 9 and then back to a post ASG slump? Is that really going to get us anywhere. You're not making a good point here at all.

You said things don't miraculously turn around, my point is things can change around very quickly, right as they go on a losing streak, they can go on a big winning streak and get right back where they along in first place.

Kenny already pulled off his blockbuster trade, that guy is named freddy garcia.  A minor trade can really shake things up, this has been used as an example quite a bit but it's a great example the shannon stewart deal to the twins last year, shook up their whole team and basically won them the division.

I agree... it doesn't have to be Floyd or Kendall... it just needs to be somebody that will something to the everyday lineup. Right now there are too many "outs" in the batting order. One more credible bat (maybe a Batista or Cattalano (sp?) would help this lineup tremendously.

Rowand44

Kenny already pulled off his blockbuster trade, that guy is named freddy garcia. A minor trade can really shake things up, this has been used as an example quite a bit but it's a great example the shannon stewart deal to the twins last year, shook up their whole team and basically won them the division.

Me

A 5 games skid and losing 2-0 to the Tigers right now. Should they do something to shake the team up? Things just don't magically get better.

Rowand44 in response to my quote

Give me a break. The sox went on a 5 game losing streak to the flubs and angels and then right after losing 5 straight they went on a 4 game winning streak before the allstar break and got right back into first place, so yes things can change quickly.

Are we not talking about the same thing? Do you even realize it? :chair

I agree... it doesn't have to be Floyd or Kendall... it just needs to be somebody that will something to the everyday lineup.  Right now there are too many "outs" in the batting order.  One more credible bat (maybe a Batista or Cattalano (sp?) would help this lineup tremendously.

Yeah but do you just want to get to the playoffs, or win it all?

Rowand44

Me

Rowand44 in response to my quote

Are we not talking about the same thing? Do you even realize it?  :chair

I don't think we need a shakeup at all but I would like to make a deal. I'm just pointing out that a minor deal could do wonders.

Pretty sure you've been bashing everyone for wanting to make a deal in this topic? Why the sudden change?

When did I bash anyone for wanting a trade to be made? I think it's stupid that people will throw in the towel if a deal is made. I did not once bash people who want a trade to be made, it's just stupid to blame kw for not making another deal when he's already made two.

threads like this are why this board is going downhill, quickly.  Some of this s*** is unbelievable, some of you guys suck.

What?

Fans aren't allowed to voice their concerns on an internet message board? In my view, its just as annoying reading the threads where fans are oblivious to a teams troubles. Our bullpen is questionable, starting rotation inconsistent outside of Buehrle/Garica, and offense is without their two best players. You can't just ignore this because our remaining schedule is significantly easier than Minnesotas.

Who are you to distinguish the decline of this message board from fans venting their frustration?

What?

Fans aren't allowed to voice their concerns on an internet message board?  In my view, its just as annoying reading the threads where fans are oblivious to a teams troubles.  Our bullpen is questionable, starting rotation inconsistent outside of Buehrle/Garica, and offense is without their two best players.  You can't just ignore this because our remaining schedule is significantly easier than Minnesotas.

Who are you to distinguish the decline of this message board from fans venting their frustration?

I agree, are we supposed to say the sox are good even though they are obviously sucking right now?

What?

Fans aren't allowed to voice their concerns on an internet message board?  In my view, its just as annoying reading the threads where fans are oblivious to a teams troubles.  Our bullpen is questionable, starting rotation inconsistent outside of Buehrle/Garica, and offense is without their two best players.  You can't just ignore this because our remaining schedule is significantly easier than Minnesotas.

It's more like 'hardcore' fans of this team giving up on this team all the damn time. Their was no need for this thread. KW is not telling the fans to f*** off, he's made some major moves. And I know for a fact that once the sox string together a few wins, all of these people will be talking about the sox in the WS. We have bandwagoners here and it's not cool.

But whatever, I'm not wasting my time reading this s*** anymore.

What?

Fans aren't allowed to voice their concerns on an internet message board?  In my view, its just as annoying reading the threads where fans are oblivious to a teams troubles.  Our bullpen is questionable, starting rotation inconsistent outside of Buehrle/Garica, and offense is without their two best players.  You can't just ignore this because our remaining schedule is simple.

Flash, there is a distinct difference between venting frustration and essentially committing a verbal bowel movement like is being done a lot of the time.

Statements like "the season is over" and blaming KW for the woes of this club is not putting the blame where it belongs. It's in underachievers like Valentin, Lee, Cotts etc. etc. etc. that are the cause of what is going on. Corpseball has re-emerged. When one can articulate that well without resorting to Henny Penny-esque "The sky is falling" rhetoric, that's venting frustration. One can state that the bullpen is questionable (which it is outside of Shingo, Marte, Politte), that our 3, 4 and 5 starters are quite questionable with Loaiza, Garland and Schoeneweis putting out more cookies than a bakery and that without Frank and Magglio we could be in for a very bumpy ride. But to state that the season's over and that the ownership wants to tell the fans to "f*** off" is complete stupidity. Sure, the ownership has no interest in putting fans in the seats. They totally want to alienate the fan base.

I agree, are we supposed to say the sox are good even though they are obviously sucking right now?

I have no intentions of isolating SNB, but I've read for too many threads where posters are ridiculed for their concern.

Now I admit Jeckles statement could irk some, and I understand the annoyance he brings to this board. What I'm referring to are other threads in which posters voice their concern in logical terms. The usual response: "Our schedule is easier then Minnesotas," "still lot of baseball left," "our team has yet to hit its stride." And more recently, there's surfaced a list where members are labeled as "in or out."

I believe this team can compete for this division (and subsequently win it), but not advance far into the playoffs. I support a trade to improve our team, but aren't willing to trade any decent prospect. As you might concieve I'm torn between believing in this team and conceeding the division. Critique my posts, but don't question my devotion to this team.

Damn, White Sox baseball will lead me to an early death. :D

I'm a fan with the rest of you, I just don't view our team through rose-colored glasses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated/concerned too. But I'm in no way ready to call this season quits. I know this team will get hot, and I honestly dont' think we need another trade. It's gonna be a fun rest of the season :cheers Just wish some of our fanbase wasn't ready to jumpship so soon.

My 2 cents on this thing.

I'm not blaming Kenny if we don't make a trade. There really isn't much there, and what is there costs a ton. Besides, has anyone seen this team play recently? Unless we can magically put Bonds or Pujols on this team I'm not sure there is a single move that puts us deep into the playoffs. RJ is the only potential move of this type(maybe Beltran, but he didn't do much for Houston), and that will cost us a ton of talent and a ton of money, and he might not even come here. I'm normally optomistic, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I'm not for trading whatever we got to make a blockbuster move, because unless our current guys play better it won't help. Unless we do something cheap like getting Cattlanato, I don't see the point.

I'm not saying we should give up or that the season is over. If we can fight it out and be close when/if Thomas/Maggs come back then fine. But getting some rent a player to help this team doesn't seem to make much sense to me(again, unless it's RJ). Without Frank and Maggs our lack of consistency from most of our hitters and the 3-4-5 in the rotation is much more apparent and crushing. My vote would be to add Cattalanato for now, and then resign Maggs and take a shot next season.