Willie's wasted speed.

Palehosefan

Willie needs to look at things this way. Ozzie is not going to sign Harris's next contract for him. If Willie wants to be paid, he'll suck it up and play some damn baseball. Same with Crede and all these other confidence lacking jokers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These people are multi-millionaires.

Part of being a good ML'er is having nerves of steal and unshakeable confidence.

A 6th tool, if you will.

If you don't have it, then maybe minor leagues will be more to your liking.

Produce or get the f*** off the pot, in other words.

Young guys like Harris, Crede, Uribe etc are not multi millionares. They are guys trying to become millionares based on their play.

I agree they must produce. Yet the Sox screwed with Harris in particular, putting him in Cf just to get Uribe in the lineup. The minute Willie slumped, he sat. Crede should have sat more when Uribe was hot, and Willie should have played more when Uribe was tailing off.

The sox haven't done Willie any favors, putting him in the leadoff spot. Before the season, most people thought him hitting . 250, .260 would be a good year, in his first full year. This is what he's done while playing great defense.

It's the sox fault for putting him in a position to fail, before he was ready. Willie might eventually be a good leadoff man. But no one expected it to be in 2004.

They were and are going for a pennant this year. Part of that plan was having Harris being a productive leadoff hitter.

The Sox sold their fans on Harris in the winter when the Alomar thing fell through.

I think it's fair to say Sox management, the fans, and Willie Harris expected he'd be a good leadoff man.

Lots of people here had their doubts because he hadn't shown the ability to draw walks and his hitting was weak.

Yes, the Sox moved him around and maybe shouldn't have, but at the same time lots of people here were wanting Uribe in there every day. Crede has a little more experience and is good defensively at 3B, he deserved a chance to come around.

Now, instead of three good things happening, three bad things have happened.

Harris is not productive at the plate, lost confidence or not.

Crede has regressed at the plate.

Uribe has come down to earth big time.

Harris has had ample opportunity to come around, he hasn't gotten it done.

These people are multi-millionaires.

Part of being a good ML'er is having nerves of steal and unshakeable confidence.

A 6th tool, if you will.

If you don't have it, then maybe minor leagues will be more to your liking.

Produce or get the f*** off the pot, in other words.

Nerves of "steal"..punny! :lolhitting

Willie needs to look at things this way.  Ozzie is not going to sign Harris's next  contract for him.  If Willie wants to be paid, he'll suck it up and play some damn baseball. Same with Crede and all these other confidence lacking jokers.

It wouldn't bother me at all if we were to rid ourselves of Harris and/or Crede!

BTW...anyone know who the potential free agent 3Bs will be after this season?

It wouldn't bother me at all if we were to rid ourselves of Harris and/or Crede!

BTW...anyone know who the potential free agent 3Bs will be after this season?

Josh Fields will most likely be ready in 2006, I'm willing to give Crede 1 more shot next season, otherwise if he doesn't produce bring in Fields.

If it's at all possible, These are the only position players I want back next season(and this is assuming we won't resign Ordonez)

Rowand

Lee

Perez

Everett

Thomas

Uribe

That's it. Trade Konerko while his value is high again(I don't mean to make a scapegoat out of him, but it's been 4 years with this core, and some of the slow, HR-or-bust crew has to go.) Let Harris crawl back to his Mommy, Jose can go hit under .240 for someone else, trade Crede, etc.

Can't decide on the catcher situation though. Suppose you have to keep Davis, and I like Burke, but do you really need 3 catchers on your roster?

They were and are going for a pennant this year.  Part of that plan was having Harris being a productive leadoff hitter.

The Sox sold their fans on Harris in the winter when the Alomar thing fell through.

I think it's fair to say Sox management, the fans, and Willie Harris expected he'd be a good leadoff man.

Lots of people here had their doubts because he hadn't shown the ability to draw walks and his hitting was weak.

Yes, the Sox moved him around and maybe shouldn't have, but at the same time lots of people here were wanting Uribe in there every day.  Crede has a little more experience and is good defensively at 3B, he deserved a chance to come around.

Now, instead of three good things happening, three bad things have happened.

Harris is not productive at the plate, lost confidence or not.

Crede has regressed at the plate.

Uribe has come down to earth big time.

Harris has had ample opportunity to come around, he hasn't gotten it done.

I can only speak for myself.. but I didn't buy one bit of the Harris BS... and said so.

I never expected him to be anything more than what he is.. a piece of poo poo.

I can only speak for myself.. but I didn't buy one bit of the Harris BS... and said so. 

Cannot disagree with you here Steff, and I did hear you make those statements about Harris :D

He is a below average bunter, we knew that last year.

He is a below average base stealer, we knew that last year too.

He hit for average in AAA, so maybe he got the benefit of the doubt there.

I think it was a case of the Sox "hoping" he'd blossom.

Agreed 100%, he is not a major league player.

Did you ask him?

I am sure he still smokes, just probably not in plain view.

He offered the info when offered one. We spent 4 hours with him Friday night.. and 3 hours on Saturday night in a bar drinking... we never saw him light up once. Not one Camel. A cigar though.

Hell he was chain smoking at Sox Fest.

:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

So.? People quit cold turkey after many years of smoking. He might have 2 years under his belt (because he didn't smoke while playing in the Baltimore system), so I imagine it wasn't that hard for him to quit.

No offense but some of you people are just nuts. :bang

Willie Harris was hitting well over .300 when playing 2B everyday. He was bunting and being agressive on the basepaths. He climbed as Juan "Swing for the Fences" Uribe continued to fall like a rock. He got benched for making one mistake while Juan stunk up the position and could do no wrong. The sad fact is that this is Ozzie's fault. All Willie needs is to be assured that he will not lose his job to that idiot Uribe and that he can relax again like he was in the begining of the year and he will be fine. Sadly Ozzie seems to refuse to admit that because it would be admitting that he made a mistake. Willie shouldn't have to live in fear of having to be twice as good as Uribe to avoid being benched. Especially when Uribe is a worthless headcase.

Ok have to vent on that... GO SOX! :bringit

By the way I hope that Ozzie keeps Willie in the 9 hole for awhile. It will be a way for him to slowly build his confidence back up in a low pressure spot in the lineup.

They literally thought he was Ray Durham. Well he is not. The guy can't hit the ball to the track. Plus he is Dumb, very dumb

They literally thought he was Ray Durham. Well he is not. The guy can't hit the ball to the track. Plus he is Dumb, very dumb

Are you kiddin' me??

Willie Harris = Non-Mensa?

Please.

I like Willie more than Durham.  Hey plays way better defense.

Willie’s defense isn’t bad at all, but what I want to see from him is some real good base hits. There are times when there are runners in scoring position and he can’t get them home. Harris is no RBI guy and I think everyone knows that. Durham in the other hand got the job done in some occasions.