Who turned us down, Walker or Kendall?

greg775

This in the Southtown:

DETROIT — The White Sox did have another deal in place prior to Saturday's trade deadline — one that would have added a bat to the order. But according to general manager Ken Williams, the player involved refused to waive the no-trade clause in his contract.

Williams wouldn't reveal the player's identity, but it was known the Sox would have liked to have added either Pittsburgh catcher Jason Kendall or Colorado outfielder Larry Walker to their roster. Both players have no-trade clauses in their contracts.

--I've always liked Walker.

I wonder what we were going to give up.

It had to be our remaining top prospects.

Yikes!

So if it was Walker or Kendall are you folks happy the guy didn't OK the trade

or sad?

That's what I was thinking.  The Dodgers are pretty desperate for a catcher now.  Brett Mayne?  lol.  I'd rather have Ron Karkovice.

Edwin Jackson for Kendall perhaps with the Pirates paying 40 to 50% of his remaining salary.

From all accounts, it was Delgado who refused a trade to the Sox.

Kendall would likely clear waivers. If the sox claimed him, LA wouldn't get a chance to as the sox have first shot at him. LA can't block a team with a lower winning percentage from a claim. It would only be a matter of Kendall waiving his no-trade clause, and Pitt taking on some salary with a prospect or two. While in a perfect world Kendall would like to go to LA, getting dealt there is unlikely

From all accounts, it was Delgado who refused a trade to the Sox.

Kendall would likely clear waivers. If the sox claimed him, LA wouldn't get a chance to as the sox have first shot at him. LA can't block a team with a lower winning percentage from a claim. It would only be a matter of Kendall waiving his no-trade clause, and Pitt taking on some salary with a prospect or two. While in a perfect world Kendall would like to go to LA, getting dealt there is unlikely

I believe the waiver process starts with the league - that is, Kendall would have to pass through all the NL clubs before he could be claimed or passed on by any American League club. So, the Dodgers would get first crack at him before the Sox.

I believe the waiver process starts with the league - that is, Kendall would have to pass through all the NL clubs before he could be claimed or passed on by any American League club. So, the Dodgers would get first crack at him before the Sox.

You are correct.