Frank Thomas sighting

TLAK

From the Daily SouthTown

Big hope?

Injured DH Frank Thomas is expected in town when the Sox return home this weekend, and will have a CAT scan on the stress fracture in his left foot to see how much it has healed. If there is progress, the hope is to have Thomas back in four more weeks. Guillen still isn't counting on that, however.

"Right now, I don't expect him to come back," Guillen said. "If he comes back, it would be better for us. But right now, we can't think about having Frank back. We have to deal with what we have.

"When you hope to have somebody back and all of the sudden you don't have it, it's frustrating. Hopefully, when he gets to Chicago he's a lot better. If not, we have to deal with what we have here."

The Sox are 11-12 since Thomas went on the disabled list.

I'm hoping and praying for a BIG boost in September. Better than any trade Kenny could make on the waiver wire.

Hopefully, we will be still be around in good shape in our division. Squash that, we will.. :) I hope Thomas and Ordonez come back around August so we can make that final push for the playoffs. :headbang

Agreed. Not only that, but after sitting out so long and then coming in right before the playoffs, these guys are going to be "HUNGRY!!!!!!!" My only concern is how sharp they will be, and since missing a lot, how will their patience at the plate be, and will they be too overagressive as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, we will be still be around in good shape in our division. Squash that, we will.. :) I hope Thomas and Ordonez come back around August so we can make that final push for the playoffs. :headbang

According to CLTV, Ordonez probably won't make it back in time. They said for him to wait till next year from him to come back.

We need one of them back, one way or another.

Haha, we want both back. Aslong as this team stays in contention the quicker both of these guys will be back. If this team falls out to about 8 games back by the end of August, they probably won't be coming back this year.

Your right! We need the boost from The Big Hurt and Maggs for at least a full month of games to fuel the Sox and allow us to overcome the Twinkies. The 2 will also be fresh for the playoffs and beyond. We can still do it and w have a one game winning streak to build on now.