Neon Deion Returns

It's official, Deion needs more cash. He is supposed to report to camp this Wednesday. Full article from Fox Sports listed below.

FOX Sports has learned that Sanders is planning to join the Ravens on Wednesday and make the trip to New York on Thursday to be with his new team for their preseason game against the Giants.

Sanders has been working out in two-a-days with his performance coach Tom Shaw. In these workouts, he's been going up against three receivers, one of whom is former Pro Bowler Tony Martin.

"It's been incredible, really. I was really impressed," Martin told James Brown on Sporting News Radio. "He could always cover, but to take that layoff like he did and come back, it's like he never lost a step."

It's believed Sanders' speed is in the 4.38 range for the 40.

The goal of Sanders' workouts has been to get him ready for the second week of the Ravens' season, which will give Sanders two weeks of prep work with his new team's defense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2758976

Over under on number of tackles made by Dion this season:  6  (just below a career high)

under, more like 0 considering he's a little b**** who will run out of bounds rather than avoid contact (kills me to say that too, he's a nole).

and there is no freakin way he's running a 4.38. no way, no how.

under, more like 0 considering he's a little b**** who will run out of bounds rather than avoid contact (kills me to say that too, he's a nole).

and there is no freakin way he's running a 4.38.  no way, no how.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing on his speed. I really doubt he is running that fast at his age. More like a 4.5 +

i wouldnt doubt it... the man is still in great shape

and Deion has been a cover corner, prolly the best to ever play the game, I wouldnt ask him to be be a hitting Cornerback... If hes gonna get me 7+ Interceptions a year then he is doing his job..

Youve got a problem if you have to rely on your cornerbacks to be making a lot of tackles anyways... thats the front sevens job... and even past them should be safties next..

Deion is only going to be playing in a Nickle back role anyways because Baltimore already has two young good cornerbacks in McCallister and Baxter... He is in on pass protection package so they got him for what he is, an excellent cover corner.. Its a great addition in my opinion and should make that amazing defense even better...

Watch out for Baltimore this year.. They have a BRUISING back thats gonna control the clock and an amazing defense that was in the top of the league in sacks and turnovers last year and is always top 5

Over under on number of tackles made by Dion this season:  6  (just below a career high)

If Ray Lewis gets hurt,

Deion Sanders "This probably means a lot more tackling doesn't it. Screw u guys, I'm goin home (South Park music starts in background)"

If u see him, you aught to race him Spiff. It be pretty badass if you could say I beat Deion Neon "Not So Primetime" Sanders in a race.

I will wish him good luck. While I think he's a cocky SOB, I'll also remember the fact that he somehow stayed clean (at least no one reported much on him) when others in the Cowboys franchise during those "glory years" got into quite a bit of trouble.

ALthough I won't forget that thing about Deion not paying some bills because God told him not to or something like that.

If u see him, you aught to race him Spiff.  It be pretty badass if you could say I beat Deion Neon "Not So Primetime" Sanders in a race.

I will wish him good luck.  While I think he's a cocky SOB, I'll also remember the fact that he somehow stayed clean (at least no one reported much on him) when others in the Cowboys franchise during those "glory years" got into quite a bit of trouble.

ALthough I won't forget that thing about Deion not paying some bills because God told him not to or something like that.

I could totally beat him in a race.

Deon's 40 time used to be in the 4.1's, I don't doubt he can still run a 4.38 40. Darrell Green at age 40 or 41 ran in the 4.2's at the Redskins camp a few years ago. Sander's is quite possibly the fastest player in NFL history.

Eddie Kennison is the fastest, shoking, but yet true :o

Amazingly they are about the same speed. Deion ran a 10.21 100M wind aided and a 10.34 non wind aided 100M at FSU. Kennison in 97 ran a 10.34 100M also. That would have been a good race. But Deion had the fastest 40 time ever in the combines at 4.21, so who knows really.

Amazingly they are about the same speed. Deion ran a 10.21 100M wind aided and a 10.34 non wind aided 100M at FSU. Kennison in 97 ran a 10.34 100M also. That would have been a good race. But Deion had the fastest 40 time ever in the combines at 4.21, so who knows really.

How do you know the exact times? :ph34r:

lol through a little bit of research.

"At Louisiana State, Kennison ran the 100 meters in 10.34 seconds"

http://www.augustachronicle.com/stories/06...fastestman.html

Here's a site with an annoying background, but great numbers.

http://w1.196.telia.com/~u19603668/atb-m01.htm

I was shocked to see Alvis Whitted at 10.07, he would be the fastest. Hershel Walker checks in around 10.24 also. Dieon is on it at the 10.26 range. I think Alvis was a track/receiver for the NC State wolfpack.

i wouldnt doubt it... the man is still in great shape

and Deion has been a cover corner, prolly the best to ever play the game, I wouldnt ask him to be be a hitting Cornerback... If hes gonna get me 7+ Interceptions a year then he is doing his job..

Youve got a problem if you have to rely on your cornerbacks to be making a lot of tackles anyways... thats the front sevens job... and even past them should be safties next..

Deion is only going to be playing in a Nickle back role anyways because Baltimore already has two young good cornerbacks in McCallister and Baxter... He is in on pass protection package so they got him for what he is, an excellent cover corner.. Its a great addition in my opinion and should make that amazing defense even better...

Watch out for Baltimore this year.. They have a BRUISING back thats gonna control the clock and an amazing defense that was in the top of the league in sacks and turnovers last year and is always top 5

Isn't Chris McCallister still holding out?

No revelation here.  Even casual football fans realize that the Ravens are playoff caliber.

Yeah no s***... But I am talking about going all the way to the superbowl

and im pretty sure that there are some people on the boards that DONT know that about the Ravens and would like to see that...

The Ravens have a great defense and an excellent running back?  Where do you get your insider information?

So im not allowed to say watch out for the Ravens?

Im pretty sure that I wasnt acting like I just discovered this, I was naming their team strengths and was saying why i think they could be a serious contender for the super bowl..

nice sarcasm though, theres no need to be a jackass CrimsonWeltall

Not just saying this because I'm a Steelers fan, because before this training camp I wasn't looking forward to this season. But after seeing how much the OLine has improved, and Chris Hope stepping up to help solidify the secondary, I gotta say the Steelers should make some noise. The questions will be on the right side of the line with Simmons going down and Deshea Townsend opposite of Chad Scott. But Townsend played very solid last year at the end of the season when he took over for Dewayne "Toast" Washington. So watch out for the Steelers as a sleeper.