Edgar Martinez

SoxAce

I just wanted to say it's been a pleasure watching this veteran play throughout his career. He's been such a professional, and just a great guy all around. One of the most dangerous hitters in the game in the 90's and leaves the Cell in style today going 3-4. Such a good embassador to MLB and retires in the same uni he came in as during his 18 year career, Edgar you'll be missed. :cheers

This great hitter will finish with about 2300 hits, and he didn't make it to the bigs until he was 26, even though he was tearing apart AAA pitching for 2-3 years. Another tribute to the stupidity of generalmismanagers. He also lost at least two years to serious hamstring injuries. When he was really hitting, he took a ton of walks. He had the ablility to have 3000 hits. And he was a fine third baseman for many years. He is HallOfFame in my book.

This great hitter will finish with about 2300 hits, and he didn't make it to the bigs until he was 26, even though he was tearing apart AAA pitching for 2-3 years.  Another tribute to the stupidity of generalmismanagers.  He also lost at least two years to serious hamstring injuries.  When he was really hitting, he took a ton of walks.  He had the ablility to have 3000 hits.  And he was a fine third baseman for many years.  He is HallOfFame in my book.

Edgar didn't make the majors before cause his fielding Sucked. And the weird thing is that when Edgar Played in our Amateur League down here before signing the Knock was that he was a good glove man and Awful hitter. Well he all know how that turned out.

Edgar was always a clase guy, Once in Winter League a kid wanted his Autograph but didn't have a card or paper, So Edgar told the kid to wait a minute and went and brought the kid a glove and Signed it for him and gave him one of his gloves.

Edgar class guy, Gonna be missed :cheers

As classy of a guy and as good of a career as Edgar has had, there is no chance he will enter the HOF. Without even mentioning that he's been a full time DH for most of his career. If you look just at his numbers, they aren't even close to being good enough.

.313 lifetime average is very nice, but 2231 hits with 306 homers just isn't enough. If you are gonna be a full-time DH for alot of your career, you are gonna need atleast 450 hr's and 2500+ hits to get it. That might not even be enough.

Again he has no shame in his career whatsoever, he had a great one and can tell his kids and grandchildren that he was a great hitter.

At the risk of sounding like a prick ( I know, I know...what are the odds? :D ), and with ALL DUE RESPECT for what Edgar's done in his career, I can say that I've never once attended a game or turned on a television because Edgar Martinez was going to be there.

He had a real nice career, but I really can't say I'll miss him when he's gone.

At the risk of sounding like a prick ( I know, I know...what are the odds?  :D ), and with ALL DUE RESPECT for what Edgar's done in his career, I can say that I've never once attended a game or turned on a television because Edgar Martinez was going to be there.

He had a real nice career, but I really can't say I'll miss him when he's gone.

Did you just describe Edgar, or did you describe yourself?