Fan ran onto field during Seattle series

Wise Master Buehrle

Pretty amazing, I didn;t hear anything about it. I figured they would have had it a top thing on BBTN and went on and on about how much Sox fans suck. :huh

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=1874398

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A man ran across the outfield during Chicago's 7-5 victory over Seattle on Friday night and was arrested.

The game was delayed when Michael Tremberth, 26, of Carol Stream emerged from the stands after Juan Uribe's home run in the sixth inning. Wearing a black shirt and shorts, Tremberth was tackled and taken away in handcuffs after leading 11 security guards on a chase from right field to left-center. He deked one security guard, but was quickly controlled.

Tremberth was charged with criminal trespass, a misdemeanor, police spokesman John Mirabelli said.

Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki was in right field when the fan ran by.

"It kind of scared me because he came from a place I couldn't see him," Suzuki said through an interpreter. "If he came from a place where I could see him, I wouldn't have been worried.

"I heard about what happened at the Olympics, though I didn't see it," said Suzuki, referring to last weekend's marathon, when a man ran onto the course in Athens.

The White Sox tightened security after Kansas City first-base coach Tom Gamboa was attacked by two spectators on Sept. 19, 2002, and umpire Laz Diaz was attacked by a fan on April 16 last year.

White Sox spokesman Scott Reifert said Tremberth will face a $1,000 fine and up to 30 days in jail

Pretty amazing, I didn;t hear anything about it. I figured they would have had it a top thing on BBTN and went on and on about how much Sox fans suck.  :huh

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=1874398

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A man ran across the outfield during Chicago's 7-5 victory over Seattle on Friday night and was arrested.

The game was delayed when Michael Tremberth, 26, of Carol Stream emerged from the stands after Juan Uribe's home run in the sixth inning. Wearing a black shirt and shorts, Tremberth was tackled and taken away in handcuffs after leading 11 security guards on a chase from right field to left-center. He deked one security guard, but was quickly controlled.

Tremberth was charged with criminal trespass, a misdemeanor, police spokesman John Mirabelli said.

Seattle's Ichiro Suzuki was in right field when the fan ran by.

"It kind of scared me because he came from a place I couldn't see him," Suzuki said through an interpreter. "If he came from a place where I could see him, I wouldn't have been worried.

"I heard about what happened at the Olympics, though I didn't see it," said Suzuki, referring to last weekend's marathon, when a man ran onto the course in Athens.

The White Sox tightened security after Kansas City first-base coach Tom Gamboa was attacked by two spectators on Sept. 19, 2002, and umpire Laz Diaz was attacked by a fan on April 16 last year.

White Sox spokesman Scott Reifert said Tremberth will face a $1,000 fine and up to 30 days in jail

it was in the tribune, and i didnt hear anything on bbtn cause usally the backups r in bristol for the friday night and sat night shows there. havnt heard anything from moronotti or any1 else so i think it died down i could be wrong

Pretty amazing, I didn;t hear anything about it. I figured they would have had it a top thing on BBTN and went on and on about how much Sox fans suck.  :huh

Don't you remember the delay? Cubs fans and a twins troll were spamming the mlb boards with this story. On the same night, a Red Sox fan ran across the field in Boston. Where's ESPN's coverage on that?

tackle03.jpg

Don't you remember the delay?  Cubs fans and a twins troll were spamming the mlb boards with this story.  On the same night, a Red Sox fan ran across the field in Boston.  Where's ESPN's coverage on that?

tackle03.jpg

Because Red Sox fans have had to deal with curses so we shouldn't try to make them look bad. I mean, look what they've been through.

I was at the game last friday. I have to admit that it was pretty awesome seeing that fan run on the field. He ran right towards a security guard then juked to the side. Announcers always down play how stupid those people are but I say no harm no foul.

If you think it is ok for anyone just to run onto the field as long as they don't hurt anyone then I think you have some growing up to do.