Do you trust KW?

fathom

With an offseason coming up in which the Sox will likely see a massive overhaul of their roster, do you trust Kenny Williams in his decisions? Of course, only time will tell with any moves he makes. However, whenever I hear that the Sox are thinking of trading some of their big chips like Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee, I get worried that KW will not get enough value in return. One particular thing that scares me is that the Sox might settle for a lot less than market value for these guys in order to get a player to play Ozzieball. Now, Juan Pierre is a unique player that I wouldnt mind coming to the Sox in a deal, but there's no way that the Marlins will take on the 8 million dollar contract of PK or Lee. I don't want to see KW give up one of these guys for a grinder like Figgins or Eckstein. Now, if there are other players involved in the deal, that would be fine. How about trading Konerko to Angels for a package that includes Figgins and S. Shields? Another thing about KW is that even if he does trade one of our biggest contract guys, I'm worried he won't turn around and spend that money on the roster.

With an offseason coming up in which the Sox will likely see a massive overhaul of their roster, do you trust Kenny Williams in his decisions?  Of course, only time will tell with any moves he makes.  However, whenever I hear that the Sox are thinking of trading some of their big chips like Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee, I get worried that KW will not get enough value in return.  One particular thing that scares me is that the Sox might settle for a lot less than market value for these guys in order to get a player to play Ozzieball.  Now, Juan Pierre is a unique player that I wouldnt mind coming to the Sox in a deal, but there's no way that the Marlins will take on the 8 million dollar contract of PK or Lee.  I don't want to see KW give up one of these guys for a grinder like Figgins or Eckstein.  Now, if there are other players involved in the deal, that would be fine.  How about trading Konerko to Angels for a package that includes Figgins and S. Shields?  Another thing about KW is that even if he does trade one of our biggest contract guys, I'm worried he won't turn around and spend that money on the roster.

scott shield sucks

However, whenever I hear that the Sox are thinking of trading some of their big chips like Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee, I get worried that KW will not get enough value in return.

This is really my main fear. Can other GM's sense and take advantage of KW's desperation?

scott shield sucks

Well, considering that the Angels valued Shields so much that they wouldnt give him up in any trades this year, I think some GM's might disagree with you. He has everything you need to be a top set-up man or could even start if you wanted him. If you're comfortable with Politte being the main set-up man, then I guess there's no reason arguing Shields case.

This is really my main fear.  Can other GM's sense and take advantage of KW's desperation?

YES! Why can't KW try to deal with KW? Also, I'm a little worried hearing all this talk about how Sandy and Jose might be back next year. I know it's the politcally correct thing to say, but those guys better not be back.

This is really my main fear.  Can other GM's sense and take advantage of KW's desperation?

What desperation? We're revamping the team, not surrendering. If we don't get value for whoever, the deals don't get done. Magg's was a good example. KW knew he was as good as gone most likely, but he didn't cave and just hand him over to the highest bidder.

With an offseason coming up in which the Sox will likely see a massive overhaul of their roster, do you trust Kenny Williams in his decisions?  Of course, only time will tell with any moves he makes.  However, whenever I hear that the Sox are thinking of trading some of their big chips like Paul Konerko or Carlos Lee, I get worried that KW will not get enough value in return.  One particular thing that scares me is that the Sox might settle for a lot less than market value for these guys in order to get a player to play Ozzieball.  Now, Juan Pierre is a unique player that I wouldnt mind coming to the Sox in a deal, but there's no way that the Marlins will take on the 8 million dollar contract of PK or Lee.  I don't want to see KW give up one of these guys for a grinder like Figgins or Eckstein.  Now, if there are other players involved in the deal, that would be fine.  How about trading Konerko to Angels for a package that includes Figgins and S. Shields?  Another thing about KW is that even if he does trade one of our biggest contract guys, I'm worried he won't turn around and spend that money on the roster.

For me, this is Kenny's last chance. I love his agressiveness. But he's been here four years and we've been to the post-season ZERO times. It looks like there's gonna be a major overhaul of the team. Which i'm totally in favor of. If he's not able to put a winning product on the field next year, I think he's out.

For me,  this is Kenny's last chance.  I love his agressiveness.  But he's been here four years and we've been to the post-season ZERO times.  It looks like there's gonna be a major overhaul of the team.  Which i'm totally in favor of.  If he's not able to put a winning product on the field next year,  I think he's out.

I too love KW's aggressiveness, and I also agree this is his last shot. Unless of course next year's team shows good signs of being almost there, and depending on how the season in general fairs.

For me,  this is Kenny's last chance.  I love his agressiveness.  But he's been here four years and we've been to the post-season ZERO times.  It looks like there's gonna be a major overhaul of the team.  Which i'm totally in favor of.  If he's not able to put a winning product on the field next year,  I think he's out.

I thought this year was going to be his last chance! That's anothe reason why those two big injuries hurt even more. It didn't give the organization a fair chance to evaluate everyone involved. I also hope that KW realizes that you can be aggressive while trying to enhance the future of the organization, and just not in the current state. I wouldn't even be too upset if KW got monster prospects for Lee or Konerko. I know this would infuriate a lot of fans, but it's a decision that has to be made some times for the better of the franchise. Look at the Indians for a great model.

Maybe, but I don't think that means he is going to just start handing over players. There is still a plan in place.

No offense, but I don't think this organization has had a plan they've stayed with for more than a week over the last few years. They are consistently trading away promising young players for high-priced players. The problem with this is that if the trades don't work out, you're stuck with big money guys (Everett), while missing out on developing some cheap stars from your system.

After reading an article on chisports, I'm even more concerned about some of the moves KW might make this offseason. In the article, Ozzie is quoted saying that he wants guys in the 1/2 position and 6/7/8/9 that can bunt and move guys over. Ozzie, this isn't the national league, and you play in the best homer hitting park in baseball this year! If KW and Ozzie stay true to this philosophy, then guys like Wilie Harris should not be on the team. He's horrible inefficient at bunting/getting guys over.

I still say that the whole grinders/speed/defense philosophy is just another way to say they want cheap players.

After reading an article on chisports, I'm even more concerned about some of the moves KW might make this offseason.  In the article, Ozzie is quoted saying that he wants guys in the 1/2 position and 6/7/8/9 that can bunt and move guys over.  Ozzie, this isn't the national league, and you play in the best homer hitting park in baseball this year!  If KW and Ozzie stay true to this philosophy, then guys like Wilie Harris should not be on the team.  He's horrible inefficient at bunting/getting guys over.

I still say that the whole grinders/speed/defense philosophy is just another way to say they want cheap players.

I'm glad that KW is the GM and not Ozzie -- During the pregame, Chris Bowden said Ozzie wants Garland and Grilli to compete for the 5th spot next season --

Garland has given the sox 35 victoriees the last 3 seasons, Grilli has yet to have a quality start with an ERA over 7. f*** let's give him a job... If i'm manager he doens't even get to compete for a job with me. Unless he's competing with Bafia to be the Ballboy next season.

I guess I should expect this coming from a guy who's career high was 26 walks. "I want guys who can get on base" -- What an f'n idiot.

I'm glad that KW is the GM and not Ozzie -- During the pregame, Chris Bowden said Ozzie wants Garland and Grilli to compete for the 5th spot next season --

Garland has given the sox 35 victoriees the last 3 seasons, Grilli has yet to have a quality start with an ERA over 7.  f*** let's give him a job... If i'm manager he doens't even get to compete for a job with me.  Unless he's competing with Bafia to be the Ballboy next season.

I guess I should expect this coming from a guy who's career high was 26 walks.  "I want guys who can get on base" -- What an f'n idiot.

When i heard that i was honestly lmao. Saying f*** you ozzie over and over repeatedly. :headshake

Garland has given the sox 35 victoriees the last 3 seasons, Grilli has yet to have a quality start with an ERA over 7.  f*** let's give him a job... If i'm manager he doens't even get to compete for a job with me.  Unless he's competing with Bafia to be the Ballboy next season.

As usual with the Chicago White Sox, the decision on whether Grilli starts or not likely involves money. Garland may earn 3-4 million through arbitration hearings while Grilli commands the league minimum. The obvious discrepancy in stats have no place in this discussion. :D

What's important is JR saves a few million, to which he will divide among the numerous players earning raises. I've conditioned myself not to expect much worthwhile activity this offseason.

Sure, numerous trades might occur but will they improve this team? Eyes widen when general managers across MLB receive phone calls from KW. He has no concept of player value, and seemingly ignores the trade practices of fellow GM's. Will I have to endure another offseason of reading Chicago media supporters claim the goof from the North Side possesses a "magic wand?" Hendry gives up s*** for talent and rapes organizations. KW will get burned.

I've accuractely configured KW's method of stupidity relating to this upcoming offseason. He'll wait until most of the valuable FA's are signed, claim "we tried our best," and begin scavaging the bargain bins. Although I can't blame him (entirely) for having his hands tied.........

Reinsdorf-small.gif

"You should all be digusted with yourselves. Sox fans act as if they have actual bills to pay, or lives to live. Spend your money at the park and worry about survival later. Why can't you attend games at the pace of Cub fans? Isn't our beer just as warm, ballpark just as retro, women just as flabby? If you sit in the upper deck you have BEAUTIFUL highrise apartments beyond the outfield fences to avert the attention off the field. Isn't that what fans look for when attending a baseball game; a beautiful ballpark?"

As usual with the Chicago White Sox, the decision on whether Grilli starts or not likely involves money.  Garland may earn 3-4 million through arbitration hearings while Grilli commands the league minimum.  The obvious discrepancy in stats have no place in this discussion. :D

If Grilli is a starter on this team next season, I'm putting him on E-bay. WITH NO RESERVE.

If Grilli is a starter on this team next season, I'm putting him on E-bay. WITH NO RESERVE.

I'd buy him before Garland because its a better deal. Garland is a career loser, evern on decent teams, he is consistantly the worst pitcher. He just cant win. Im sick of sitting through his constant 5 runs innings. I would rather have a pitcher who has some good stuff, and tries to win, and at least has some brain cells in his head. If you are going to have a losing pitcher in your rotation no matter what, why pay 2.3 million for him, when you could do it for the league min. Garland-he gone!

OUT

Garland Career - 44 and 51 I hate you

I'd buy him before Garland because its a better deal.  Garland is a career loser, evern on decent teams, he is consistantly the worst pitcher.  He just cant win.  Im sick of sitting through his constant 5 runs innings.  I would rather have a pitcher who has some good stuff, and tries to win, and at least has some brain cells in his head.  If you are going to have a losing pitcher in your rotation no matter what, why pay 2.3 million for him, when you could do it for the league min.  Garland-he gone!

OUT

Garland Career -  44 and 51 I hate you

But he is doing what all other three and fours are around the league. Did i mention he has so much potentional? :rolly

But he is doing what all other three and fours are around the league. Did i mention he has so much potentional? :rolly

Both have potential, and Grilli has less major league experience, so I think he had the most room to improve. And what would you rather pay for potential, 4 million, or under 1 mill......not exactly a tough decision

OUT