3rd straight complete game

southsider2k5

Finally a decent outing from Grilli, only gave up 3 hits, but one was a 2 run triple, and one was a two run HR by Young. If we got this out of him all year he would be a decent 5th starter, but granted this is Detroit minus Guillen-but I will take it

And it is the 3rd straight CG for White Sox starting pitching. Good rest for a burnt out pen.

Don't write off Jason Grilli yet.  Just call it a hunch, but I have a feeling this guy will be pretty good.

I think that might be a pretty good hunch. What is Grilli, a year removed from Tommy John surgery?

Hopefully we'll still sign a top notch starter and have 6 or more solid starters competing for 5 jobs. Never hurts to have more than you need.

I think that might be a pretty good hunch. What is Grilli, a year removed from Tommy John surgery?

Hopefully we'll still sign a top notch starter and have 6 or more solid starters competing for 5 jobs. Never hurts to have more than you need.

He had Tommy John surgery in 2002. If history is any indicator, most pitchers take two full years to recover from this. Grilli is right on schedule to be 100% healthy. He's worth a shot.

He had Tommy John surgery in 2002.  If history is any indicator, most pitchers take two full years to recover from this.  Grilli is right on schedule to be 100% healthy.  He's worth a shot.

If only to eat up innings in the bullpen next year.

If only to eat up innings in the bullpen next year.

Also to provide depth. I think a bullpen of Schoenweis, Grilli, Politte, Cotts, Adkins, Marte and Takatsu would be pretty solid if all were healthy with Schoenweis and Grilli providing depth for the rotation.