Gammons -God I hope he's wrong!

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stoled this from WSI, so take it FWIW. Poster from Boston said that Gammons on Boston radio Sunday said Reinsdorf has told the executive council (and remember Reinsy is on the Montreal relocation committee) that he would like to see the White Sox move into the East Division. He said Toronto would want to move to the Central. All part of getting Montreal into Washington and the Orioles into the NL.

1) Why would the O’s switch leagues? Are they looking for an easier way to win? They are fine the way they are.

2) You know, my geography isn’t the greatest. So, I pulled out a map. It confirmed my belief that Toronto is closer to the EAST coast than the White Sox are. Why on earth would they swap divisions? That makes no sense. Keep Toronto in the East and Sox where they are.

3) Most importantly, this is Peter Freakin Gammons. About 5% of what he says is either true or come to fruition. I don’t believe one word of it.

1) Why would the O’s switch leagues? Are they looking for an easier way to win? They are fine the way they are.

2) You know, my geography isn’t the greatest. So, I pulled out a map. It confirmed my belief that Toronto is closer to the EAST coast than the White Sox are. Why on earth would they swap divisions? That makes no sense. Keep Toronto in the East and Sox where they are.

3) Most importantly, this is Peter Freakin Gammons. About 5% of what he says is either true or come to fruition. I don’t believe one word of it.

mariotti mentioned it yesterday and bruce levine said it wasnt happening. and it was in one of the papers that the sox denied it the paper. i forgot which paper though

mariotti mentioned it yesterday and bruce levine said it wasnt happening. and it was in one of the papers that the sox denied it the paper. i forgot which paper though

*wipes forehead*

Ok good. I am glad that this all got worked out. The Sox do not belong in the East. Plus, I did the math, Moving the O's to the NL would leave an odd number of teams in each leage. The Brewers would have to move BACK to the AL.

Don Julio tequilla is awesome. At $200 per bottle I don't have an opportunity to indulge very often. Imagine sipping smooth tequilla. For you ss, I think I can find a $3 bottle of mezcal with teh worm . . .  :lol:

sorry to butt in here, but I read tequila and well.

Have you ever tried 'Cazadores'? So smooth, you can pour yourself a glass and sip it. Very affordable too.

Damn I am just impressed I remembered something from Gilbert's accounting classes :ph34r:

I figured I would write out the formula that can estimate the worth of a franchise to determine how much profit is made, and how much is put back in.

Then I realized after typing for 30 minutes on vectors and profit variables per year that I could probably just find a link on the internet that you could read if you wanted to. I found one that was ok, its in PDF form. Its sorta along the same lines as my college business class explanation of non-profit organization vs professional franchises, and its alot easier for me, cause im lazy, here ya go

http://jse.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/2/4/341