Keeper League Thread

Chisoxfn

I want to make a note that as of Thursday night, that will be the last day to make any free agent pickup. From that day, we will set a two week period to set your keepers. During that time period you are allowed to make as many trades as you want.

All trades need to be reported to me Bullsback@gmail.com and if you want posted on the Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball Forums.

The exact freeze period will be at 12:00 AM Eastern Time. I'll then print out the rosters and input them into excell. I'll be on a plane for a few hours so that should give me something to do during the flight, lol.

After that their will be about a month period where any and all trades can be made. The keepers are due the day after the world series (this way you don't keep a guy that gets injured in the playoffs...who knows, anything ccan happen)

6 keepers (or we could do 5): 2 pitchers, 2 hitters, and 2 (or 1) wild card player.

The Minor League Draft will not occur for a while, much closer to the regular season. I plan on doing it sometime after winter league and before spring training. It will be done before the season draft :)

The Minor League Draft will not occur for a while, much closer to the regular season.  I plan on doing it sometime after winter league and before spring training.  It will be done before the season draft :)

Just so we are clear on the minor league draft...how long are we going to be able to keep our players? Say we pick a player and he remains in the minors the following year what do we do?

I'm trying to come up with an adequate service time, but my original idea was a 3 year time period where you have full control over them. You can add them to your roster at anytime so they can be guys you have ontop of the normal roster.

The only thing I was wondering is, if a guy is in the minors for a whole season, should that count as a year or should their be like a minimum of innings/games pitched and at bats that make you eligible.

I'm trying to come up with an adequate service time, but my original idea was a 3 year time period where you have full control over them.  You can add them to your roster at anytime so they can be guys you have ontop of the normal roster. 

The only thing I was wondering is, if a guy is in the minors for a whole season, should that count as a year or should their be like a minimum of innings/games pitched and at bats that make you eligible.

I don't know, but I was thinking that only guys who have played 1 full season of minor league baseball are eligible to be drafted. We don't want rookies that won't be in the league for years to be picked.

• 1 month later...

Not until the end of the offseason for sure. Maybe sometime around the start of Spring Training so we can prep for the start of the league. I figured I'd make a preliminary list and if something happens to one of them that devalues them, then I'll make a switch.

Not until the end of the offseason for sure. Maybe sometime around the start of Spring Training so we can prep for the start of the league. I figured I'd make a preliminary list and if something happens to one of them that devalues them, then I'll make a switch.

That is what I am goina do.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, its gonna take me some time. I don't have a clue where the hell I put the rosters now, lol. Thats what I get for cleaning my room.

I will list my keepers though.

Vladdy, Krod, Schilling, Pudge, Blalock

Thats where mine stands right now. I may put Delgado on that list over someone.

Alright, its gonna take me some time.  I don't have a clue where the hell I put the rosters now, lol.  Thats what I get for cleaning my room.

I will list my keepers though.

Vladdy, Krod, Schilling, Pudge, Blalock

Thats where mine stands right now.  I may put Delgado on that list over someone.

coo mine are going to be pedro, pavano, lidge/wright, and i'm still thinking on my offense.