Ken Caminiti

YASNY

I agree.  Crack and Coke probably had as much to do with KC's death as steroids.

Yea probably had more to do with it...especially since just 8 months ago he tested positive for using coke. Sad a man his age still relied on that all the way till the end. And probably used it almost his whole career where no one repremanded him or anything, baseball needs to create some sort of testing policy as opposed to the see no evil, hear no evil policy they currently have going on.

Yea probably had more to do with it...especially since just 8 months ago he tested positive for using coke. Sad a man his age still relied on that all the way till the end.  And probably used it almost his whole career where no one repremanded him or anything, baseball needs to create some sort of testing policy as opposed to the see no evil, hear no evil policy they currently have going on.

That must have been a wild ride because it's all related. One of the many side effects of steroids is depression, especially once you go off of them. That might have led to him needing a little 'pick me up', like coke. Coke also gives you tons of energy, probably leading to better work outs, leading to probably more steroid usage etc, etc.

That must have been a wild ride because it's all related. One of the many side effects of steroids is depression, especially once you go off of them.  That might have led to him needing a little 'pick me up', like coke. Coke also gives you tons of energy, probably leading to better work outs, leading to probably more steroid usage etc, etc.

A bad combination...and imagine his average heart rate while all this was goin on? GEEZ :unsure:

That must have been a wild ride because it's all related. One of the many side effects of steroids is depression, especially once you go off of them.  That might have led to him needing a little 'pick me up', like coke. Coke also gives you tons of energy, probably leading to better work outs, leading to probably more steroid usage etc, etc.

He's been off roids (confirmed with testing when Jose's book came out) for several years now. IIRC.. he had to have some of his liver removed and he stopped using them when it was confirmed that they were eating it away. I don't know anything about Coke other than it increases the rate at which your heart pumps and keeps you awake. I have no idea if the "high" is a stabalizing one - meaning that you can work out effectively on it. I remember seeing Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz in Blow being all coked up and out of it.. not exactly prime workout material.

I remember Ken for 2 plays

1 was a ball he caught deep in the hole the 3rd and threw a strike to first and

2 was a play he dived and laying down on the floor threw a strike to first nailing the runner by 3 steps

Didn't he throw someone out sitting down at third? Or do I have the wrong guy?

Didn't he throw someone out sitting down at third? Or do I have the wrong guy?

That's the Play i mean in number 2.

Cocaine accelerates the heart and when it's abused the heart grows. Cocaine is like an anesthesia(sp?) it gets it's users numb and when you sniff your face does weird things. That said Coke abuse make the heart work faster and the grow until it just breaks down. When you do Crack you look like a Zombie out there

In every baseball videogame I ever had prior to like 99' (and I had almost everyone of them) the first thing I would always do was trade for Ken Caminiti because he was the only power hitting, switch hitting third basemen around.

Will always be one of my personal favorites from when I was a kid.