R.I.P Christopher Reeve

whitesoxfan99

Sad. 

I'm not a Dr., does anyone know how a guy who must have been under good medical care including a good diet, develops hear failure. I guess the inactivity must played a part, but wow.

He had an infection from a bed sore and it progressed to other parts of his body. Likely the medicatons caused things to slow down and that caused him to slip into a coma ultimately causing the heart failure. Sad.. :crying

He wouldve considered much of what he did after the accident a success despite the fact he never did walk again. He became a spokesman for advanced research in spinal cord injuries and was more than willing to participate in many of the tests that will one day lead to even better techniques in the treating of these injuries.

In addition, I heard on the news this morning patients who are diagnosed with the type of paralyzation Reeve's had average out to living only 7 more years without doing all the radical treatments and public speaking Christopher Reeves did...

He was a fighter and proved his mental strength to be greater than the physical long after he lost the ability to walk...

God Bless him and my prayers go out to his family.

I'm not a Doctor, but I watched Law & Order, Law & Order Special Victims, Law & Order Criminal Intent, CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:New York, Mod Squad, Dragnet, LAPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, Kojak, Mannix, Hawaii 5-O, Cold Case Files, Adam 12, and Batman. Clearly this was murder.

Before I send out my condolences, I know people suffering from paralysis are more likely to have an infection because the immune system and lungs are weakened.

I believe Christopher Reeve is truly a hero. I can not think of a person who fought so hard to battle death. He fought paralysis as superman would and though he lost, he will always remembered for the inspiration his fight gave to millions.

Thank you Christopher Reeve for giving this country a true hero that we can all look up to.

My thoughts are with all of his loved ones.

I'm not a Doctor, but I watched Law & Order, Law & Order Special Victims, Law & Order Criminal Intent, CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:New York, Mod Squad, Dragnet, LAPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, Kojak, Mannix, Hawaii 5-O, Cold Case Files, Adam 12, and Batman. Clearly this was murder.

You should have stayed at a holiday inn express, then I would believe you.

I believe Christopher Reeve is truly a hero.  I can not think of a person who fought so hard to battle death.  He fought paralysis as superman would and though he lost, he will always remembered for the inspiration his fight gave to millions.

Thank you Christopher Reeve for giving this country a true hero that we can all look up to.

Amen. Much like Michael J Fox, I REALLY like it when a well known celeb uses his unfortunet situation situation to shed light on a disease and help raise money to improve research. RIP Superman. A True Hero. A True Gladiator.

Amen. Much like Michael J Fox, I REALLY like it when a well known celeb uses his unfortunet situation situation to shed light on a disease and help raise money to improve research. RIP Superman. A True Hero. A True Gladiator.

I have a ton of respect for those guys as well. They could have shrunk from public view and sunk into self pity. Instead they worked to advance their cause and in turn, are helping others.