19. Louisville

20. Oklahoma State

21. Stanford

22. Indiana

23. Cincinnati

24. Syracuse

25. Missouri

NCAA March Madness 2005

Is that game any good? I have never really been into basketball video games, but then again I probably haven't tried to play one in 8-10 years.

Also, if anyone on here is well versed in the franchise mode of NCAA Football 2005, PM me. I need some guidance on how to recruit effectively. The first time I tried it, I only landed like 8 players.

Ok...I'm not even gonna be upset that Illinois is NOT EVEN ON THE ENTIRE TOP 25 LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...yea im upset :headshake

Oh im soooo afraid of going into Xavier, C'mon EA this list SUCKS

What?!

NO Notre Dame?!

They may not be a final four team, but they deserve to be in the preseason top 25.

:rolly

this is not the top 25, it is the top 25 hardest places to play according to NCAA BBal by EA Sports.

The court will shake at these 25 places, like the football game.

this is not the top 25, it is the top 25 hardest places to play according to NCAA BBal by EA Sports.

The court will shake at these 25 places, like the football game.

Funny...because Assembly Hall literally shakes when that place gets rocking :rolly

I guess a 63-3 record at home isnt good enough to be in the top 25 :headshake

Wisconsin is a really easy place to play too.

Its a pretty pathetic list.

SB

Wisconsin should definitely be on that list, Big Ten schools have some of the best home records year in and year out and we only have 3 on that list!!!

But if you want to see how much that list sucks look no further than #9...MINNESOTA? Who does minnesota even beat now? :lol:

15-1, 13-4, 10-6, 16-0, 18-0, the last 5 years at Hilton.

Thats 72-11 for an 87 percent winning rate.

The teams to come in and win:

Oklahoma State twice, Boston College, Kansas twice, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, San Jose State, Iowa, Texas A&M and Texas.

Okie state is the only team that really can play well in Hilton, wish I oculd say the same for the Clones at Ghalleger Iba.

Guys it is not completely about winning percentage. Most big programs have excellent winning percentages at home. It is difficult to win on the road in most conferences. Be considered a tough place to play has a lot to do with reputation earned over time, with a unique or particularly hostile environment.

Minnesota for example has always been a difficult place to play. The place is different with the raised floor and it can be very loud. The Gophers don't always have the best teams, so their record at home may not be what some others are, but that doesn't mean the environment isn't difficult there. I know IU has always had a tough time playing in Minny, regardless of how good the teams are.

Guys it is not completely about winning percentage.  Most big programs have excellent winning percentages at home.  It is difficult to win on the road in most conferences.  Be considered a tough place to play has a lot to do with reputation earned over time, with a unique or particularly hostile environment. 

Minnesota for example has always been a difficult place to play.  The place is different with the raised floor and it can be very loud.  The Gophers don't always have the best teams, so their record at home may not be what some others are, but that doesn't mean the environment isn't difficult there.  I know IU has always had a tough time playing in Minny, regardless of how good the teams are.

Thank God someone said it so I didn't have to type all that out.

Winning percentages don't mean crap when you are beating up on Drake and Drexel and North Dakota St.

Thank God someone said it so I didn't have to type all that out.

Winning percentages don't mean crap when you are beating up on Drake and Drexel and North Dakota St.

Same here.

Wake Forrest and Wisconsin are the only teams that go to Illinois this year. Maybe playing Oakland, Lewis, Deleware State, and Florida A&M make it the best place in the nation.

Same here.

Wake Forrest and Wisconsin are the only teams that go to Illinois this year. Maybe playing Oakland, Lewis, Deleware State, and Florida A&M make it the best place in the nation.

I agree w/ you...we play plenty of cupcakes at home...

But you honestly don't believe its one of the 25 biggest home court advantages in the country? Have you ever been there?

The fans are crazy and VERY close to the court

But its only an opinion which is what that entire top 25 list is anyway so I better just calm down huh? ;)

Same here.

I agree with that to extent, but the reason those are the only good teams coming to Champaign is because all are other big games non conference are neutral court or road games. And Steve, maybe you should ask your MSU team who have had their asses handed to them the last two years at Assembly Hall how difficult it is to play there. :bringit

Also, Minnesota is NOT the 9th hardest place to play in the nation, hell its probably about 9th in the Big 10 alone. They currently have no fan support, the place is dead silent for every game and their team sucks so they have no home court advantage.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

I agree with that to extent, but the reason those are the only good teams coming to Champaign is because all are other big games non conference are neutral court or road games.  And Steve, maybe you should ask your MSU team who have had their asses handed to them the last two years at Assembly Hall how difficult it is to play there. :bringit

Also, Minnesota is NOT the 9th hardest place to play in the nation, hell its probably about 9th in the Big 10 alone.  They currently have no fan support, the place is dead silent for every game and their team sucks so they have no home court advantage.

Who has the banners in their arena?

Don't you have to be pretty good in order to be a hard place to play in??? I don't think the Zags will be that good so I'm saying they shouldn't be ranked that high.

No, look at New Mexico on the ranking.

The people at phog.net, the ku webpage where I got this ranking think this is bulls***.

Everyone there thinks Illinois and Oklahoma State should be top 10. Minnesota is a joke.

Also, it will be the Paige is a b**** Center on the new game.