Daily Southtown Article

CWSOX45

What happened to Cotts becoming a starter for 2005? Has this idea been abandoned?

Sounds like, and this could be purely Public Relations BS, but the Sox want to add a top of the rotation starter and slot everyone else down, so Cotts wouldn't fit in... but again, this could just be off-season banter trying to keep interest in the team up.

SI.com in their rumor section quoted the Sun-Times saying Don Cooper's meetings with the White Sox open spot have centered around top-level talent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/scor...mors/index.html

under MLB, like third or so from the bottom

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt want to create a whole new thread for this...

The Phillies have already made a contract offer to Eric Milton.

Cory Lidle is also expected to be offered a new deal. Milton will probably test free agency before deciding whether to stay with the Phillies. Some team will overpay for him.-RotoWorld.

God I hope he re-ups in Philly. Just say NO to Eric Milton.

Whenever a player says that they are gonna test free agency they really mean there not resigning with you.

Usually because a Detriot, or Pitt offers up a DUMB ass contract and overpays a bunch. I dont have a feeling Milton is going to get alot this off-season with alot of high profile guys on the market.

I think he will get alot because he is one of the better if no the best lefty on the market. But that is not saying too much for him.

If they resign him that means hillenbrand is on the block which would be good to look into. He would easily be over a .300 hitter and hit 25 homeruns here i feel.

He's a guy I've suggested we look at if we go after a new third baseman. Of course KW is going to be stubborn and keep Crede despite there being some great 3B on the FA market this off-season in Lowell, Beltre, and Koskie. Hillenbrand could easily be had in a trade, considering they have Chad Tracy waiting to take over.

Someone on the MLB board brought up the idea of a three way trade. What if Paulie is shipped to LA for a package of prospects including either Greg Miller or Edwin Jackson, and those guys are sent with a couple of Sox prospects to Arizona for RJ? I think LA wouldn't mind seeing RJ leave the NL West.

Someone on the MLB board brought up the idea of a three way trade.  What if Paulie is shipped to LA for a package of prospects including either Greg Miller or Edwin Jackson, and those guys are sent with a couple of Sox prospects to Arizona for RJ?  I think LA wouldn't mind seeing RJ leave the NL West.

Can't see LA giving up Jackson or Miller for Konerko, especially with the likes of Delgado and Sexson on the FA market.

He's a guy I've suggested we look at if we go after a new third baseman. Of course KW is going to be stubborn and keep Crede despite there being some great 3B on the FA market this off-season in Lowell, Beltre, and Koskie. Hillenbrand could easily be had in a trade, considering they have Chad Tracy waiting to take over.

I feel he would hit over .300 here have an obp over .350 and hit around 25 homeruns. Which would be awfully solid.

Can't see LA giving up Jackson or Miller for Konerko, especially with the likes of Delgado and Sexson on the FA market.

Well if LA wants to sign Beltre, I don't think they'll be able to sign Sexson or Delgado to a long term deal. I thought Delgado was going back to Toronto, but his best friend is Shawn Green, so I don't know.

I was assuming that the D'Backs would sign Sexson, so we couldn't trade them Paulie.

DePodesta could try and dump Milton Bradley on us instead if he went after Konerko.

Bradley may be crazy but i sure wouldn't mind him. He is a guy i think would really take advantage of our park. Couple things i really like about him is that he is a switch hitter that knows how to walk.