Outrage at Schedule!!

Rudy Law

Do you feel like a second class citizen?

Are you sick and tired of watching Game 1 of the season on freaking TV?

Never...has the Cell/New Comiskey hosted a true Game 1. Why is this? This is absurd. I have posted the dates and scores of all our Opening Days since 1990, the last time we could reasonably cheer the Sox in person. And that was so long ago, it was at Old Comiskey, the President owned the Rangers, and Ivan Calderon and Bobby Thigpen were prominently involved.

03-31-2003 at Kansas City Royals 0-3 L 0-1

04-01-2002 at Seattle Mariners 6-5 W 1-0

04-01-2002 at Seattle Mariners 6-5 W 1-0

04-02-2001 at Cleveland Indians 7-4 W 1-0

04-03-2000 at Texas Rangers 4-10 L 0-1

04-05-1999 at Seattle Mariners 8-2 W 1-0

03-31-1998 at Texas Rangers 9-2 W 1-0

04-01-1997 at Toronto Blue Jays 6-5 W 1-0

03-31-1996 at Seattle Mariners 2-3 L 0-1

04-26-1995 at Milwaukee Brewers 3-12 L 0-1

04-04-1994 at Toronto Blue Jays 3-7 L 0-1

04-06-1993 at Minnesota Twins 10-5 W 1-0

04-07-1992 at California Angels 10-4 W 1-0

04-08-1991 at Baltimore Orioles 9-1 W 1-0

04-09-1990 vs Milwaukee Brewers 2-1 W 1-0

We open on the road again in '05. I'm mad as hell....and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!!

Do we open like the first of April on the road then for a 3 game roadie? If not i believe we open at home agains the Indians.

Though it'd make sense for the season to start on a weekend, it seems like it always starts on that first Monday in April. I think we're starting off at home....but don't hold me to that.

You know what? We do open against Cleveland at home. I guess it says "vs." and not "@."

I'm either an idiot, or my protest worked really, really well. Of course, I just watched Keith Foulke close out the Series for the Sox. I wish I could've typed that sentence three years ago.

So, oops...my bad....nevermind.

The Idiot.

Not me. I want to be sitting in my winter coat, guzzling hot choco by the gallon with my gloves on. I want my Churro to freeze like a piece of iron. I want to see Mark Buehrle's breath. I want to see Juan Uribe and the other Dominicans with their shirts pulled over their mouths like their Adm. Byrd leading the Anatarctic exhibition.

That's what optomism looks like.

First of all, it's non due to a lack of respect that we haven't opened at home in years. It's due to the fact that the Sox requested road openers. Secondly, as has been pointed out but seems to be worth restating, the Sox do open 2005 at home.

First of all, it's non due to a lack of respect that we haven't opened at home in years.  It's due to the fact that the Sox requested road openers.  Secondly, as has been pointed out but seems to be worth restating, the Sox do open 2005 at home.

Very simply, weekday games in April are not big draws. The weather is likely to be bad. School is in. Major League Baseball does the best they can NOT to put teams in that situation. Obviously, that isn't always possible, but if you look at all the schedules, the warmer weather teams usually open at home.