Very crazy trade idea

witesoxfan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do find it funny that people were talking all this s*** about how Konerko/Lee wouldn't cut it as the centerpiece, and then he trades Hudson for a 26 year old rookie that had about 250 at bats, a pitcher with good stuff that seems to be ending up as a setup guy, and a very good prospect. We definitely could have done better than that, but apparently King Billy didn't like our prospects.

Anyway, this deal is long dead. Now I can just laugh at how Beane is slowly slipping as a GM.

I would still defend this trade today, even if it is not possible to make it anymore. I do think this trade would have been great for the Sox. A rotation of Hudson-Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras-Garland could have been huge for us.

And I think the A's will surprise a lot of people. They could be an 85 win team. That bullpen is incredibly stacked, and they have a lot of talent all around. I don't think they'll contend too closely, but they will be better then most think.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
Quick stats:  If Wite were to take his posts in this thread and make them into a paper, 12 font, double spacing, it would be 42 pages long.  All of his posts added up to 10,062 words! :lol:

Just thought you might be interested wite.  ;)

Haha. That's good stuff right there. :lol:

See, that's what happens when you have nothing to do.

Soxtalk - my anti-drug

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Nov 5, 2004 -> 02:01 AM)
no way A's would do this. beane is too smart for stupid s*** like this. (see koch, billy for Foulke, Keith). he will find a C waaaay cheaper that will be comprable to kendall.

AJ Pierzynski > Jason Kendall. Good call.