Offer Made For Randy Johnson

redandwhite

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vazquez is nothing compared to Johnson, and never will be. We are getting b****slapped in this deal.

If we traded RJ to the Yankees, we would make the Yankees give us way, way, way more then just Vazquez...I'm thinking we'd have to have them give us like Posada and maybe even Flash back too, and perhaps even more then that.

No way in hell would I do that.  Not a chance.

Come back to reality... How are we going to afford Vazquez and Posada one?

WHy we are at it, why don't we ask for Jeter and A-rod to? :rolly

Please stop...now.

I feel embarassed for you.

There is a reason behind the madness...

When "Corkgate" happen last year Pedro is on record as saying that the only reason the media was so hard on Sosa is because he was latino. Kind of missed the whole point that the man cheated and got caught.

NO thank you, he thought it was okay to cheat in baseball...and this is a player you want on this team?

WHy we are at it, why don't we ask for Jeter and A-rod to?  :rolly

We could get New York to give those two up. New York has already put Posada and Vazquez on the block. In my opinion, that's the only way we give them Johnson.

CWSOX45

WHy we are at it, why don't we ask for Jeter and A-rod to?  :rolly

I thought it was obvious enough that the Yankees would pay 75-80% of their contracts while also taking on all of RJ's contract that I didn't have to mention that.

Guess not :huh

We could get New York to give those two up. New York has already put Posada and Vazquez on the block. In my opinion, that's the only way we give them Johnson.

CWSOX45

Persoally I ask for Vazquez and Matsui.. Again fills needs, we need a LHB OF IMO.. ANd since they are the Yankees.. They can afford if we throw in JOE B. into the mix.

Talks may be progressing with RJ...

Randy Johnson: Trade Talks Moving Forward

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Update: Diamondbacks GM Joe Garagiola discussed Johnson's no-trade clause with his agents in a Wednesday telecon, but no decisions were made public, the Arizona Republic reports.

Recommendation: According to the report, Garagiola told Johnson's agents which teams had expressed interest in The Big Unit at last week's GM meetings. It's believed that list includes the Yankees, Angels, White Sox and Cardinals. Johnson and Garagiola are both expected to attend a charity golf tournament in the Phoenix area on Friday, and it could be there where Johnson tells the D-Backs' GM which teams he'd waive his no-trade clause for.

The Yankees won't give up Matsui.

I'm not 100% sure it would have anything to do with the Yankees wanting to give him up, I'm pretty sure that since Japanese players are often hotly sought after free agents they have the leverage to put in no-trade clauses, especially considering they are often uprooting their families from their home country where they already make a very good living, they want the guarantee of stability. I could be wrong because I haven't heard of these specifically, just heard that that they have the leverage to do so

Persoally I ask for Vazquez and Matsui.. Again fills needs, we need a LHB OF IMO.. ANd since they are the Yankees.. They can afford if we throw in JOE B. into the mix.

Yanks won't give up Matsui, but if the Sox get Posada and Vazquez I'd be perfectly content. I think the Sox would get cash and then be able to pick up a reliever and potentially a leadoff hitter.

That would be nice, unfortunately the Yanks aren't brain dead.

The Yankees are looking to move the following players: Brown, Vazquez, Posada, and Lofton.

If we wanted an outfielder we'd have to settle for Lofton.

CWSOX45

Latest news from Peter Gammons

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1931282

There were several rumblings throughout baseball this week that the Yankees want to make a Thanksgiving surprise similar to the one that brought Curt Schilling to the Red Sox over Shonda Schilling's cooking. The deal primarily would involve Javier Vazquez and would be enticing to Randy Johnson because the Yankees would guarantee at least one more year on the Hall of Famer's contract.

But what makes no sense is Arizona taking on Vazquez. Wink, wink -- we know the Yankees would take on some of the money, but Vazquez has $25M guaranteed in 2006 and 2007. Now, the Diamondbacks likely will be worse than any of Vazquez's Expos teams, so he'll demand a trade at the end of the '05 season. If he has a good year, Arizona will be embarrassed. If he has a bad year, he will be virtually untradable at that price. Then there's the matter of Diamondbacks owner Jeff Moorad being the agent Vazquez fired.

Since the Yankee farm system is thin near the top, one talent solution is for the Diamondbacks to get Tom Gordon and Kenny Lofton, then spin Gordon off to either the Indians or Cubs, two of the richest organizations in young talent, and Lofton to the Phillies or Giants for a third prospect.

The D-Backs have looked at other alternatives, in St. Louis, Anaheim and Los Angeles, to name three. The White Sox were the most aggressive early with Paul Konerko, Jon Garland and minor-league center fielder Brian Anderson, but it is highly unlikely Johnson would go to the South Side of Chicago.

Even though I live on the Near North Side, I'm getting sick and tired to Gammon's railing (he did the same thing with the ill-fated Nomar/Maggs trade last year) on the South Side of Chicago. Its one thing to rail on the White Sox, another a city, and another a section of the city where Gammons had never stepped foot outside of USCF.

I wish something would happen with Johnson already, so the Sox can move on to whatever their Plan B is - RJ simply isn't headed this way, IMO, so I hope whoever is going to get him would just get him so we can all stop thinking about it.

I think Clement is a far more realistic choice and would leave us with a solid starting 5.

MB

Clement

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

To me the Johnson deal stinks. We'd lose PK and his offensive production and Garland. While I'm not a Garland cheerleader by any stretch of the imagination losing him would leave us with that same old hole in the 5th slot and we'd be playing 5th starter roulette all season long again.

To me the Johnson deal stinks. We'd lose PK and his offensive production and Garland. While I'm not a Garland cheerleader by any stretch of the imagination losing him would leave us with that same old hole in the 5th slot and we'd be playing 5th starter roulette all season long again.

I agree. While having RJ on the team would be sweet as hell. Losing one of the best team leaders, and an offensive machine in Konerko, not to mention opening up that 5th starting spot "once again" just wouldn't be the best case scenario for the Sox.

UNLESS! They pull that trade for RJ, and then later on sign free agent starter Clement, or Russ Ortiz. Then there still wouldn't be a 5th starter opening and they would have the best rotation in baseball.

Randy Johnson

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buerhle

Matt Clement

Jose Contreas

I know that probably won happen at all, so i'd just go with the signing of Clement first off, then start focussing on the bull-pen. Or maybe even a solid 2B or SS: Todd Walker, Nomar Garciaparra, Edgar Renteria exe.....