Rumors thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone posted this, but I do believe it is of some importance...

ESPN (Jayson Stark) is reporting on Insider and the FA tracker that Jaret Wright has signed with the Yankees for 3 years, $21 mil. So much for that idea.

Edit- sorry, wrong thread. someone please move this to the FA resource.

Ya, we have a 19 page thread on it, total b****fest.

I love how several people are acting as if their valuable time is in jeopardy reading through the thread.

Even if Jaret Wright were signed, there's no need to shift through 19 pages.

I personally would like to apologize if my comments ruined anyones browsing experience on Soxtalk. Perhaps when several of you are finished eating your caviar, playing croquet with the governor, or feverishly analzying your stock portfolios you may wish to browse the numerous other threads which offer intellectual stimulation.

It's just f***ing stupid to b**** about not giving Wright 8 mil.

If KW did sign him for that much the same people would be b****ing about KW overpaying.

Go figure.

Personally, I wasn't ripping Williams for failing to sign Wright.

I felt strongly Williams should have signed him since he may be the best option within our price range. Five million sounds more appropriate for Wright, but obvioulsy the market is unkind to Reinsdorf's philosophy. Signing Jaret Wright for 8 million, while indeed overpaying, would have guaranteed a complete starting rotation. Any price above this amount would be better served towards Perez.

Reflect back to last season and the emotional stress players felt when the tilt-a-whirl 5th starters spot came around. Not only were Diaz, Munoz, Wright, Cotts, Rauch, Grilli downright terrible, but the offense coincidentally failed to show up. Paying an extra few million to relieve this trend would have been worth it, IMO.

If another starter is not signed through FA, then obviously trades remain the final option. Williams decideds to trade for a front line starter, not only will a signifcant package be included, but we'll be achieveing the same goal which could have been reached through FA. Overpay with money, or overpay with prospects/positional players. Which one would you prefer?

I love how several people are acting as if their valuable time is in jeopardy reading through the thread. 

I personally would like to apologize if my comments ruined anyones browsing experience on Soxtalk.  Perhaps when several of you are finished eating your caviar, playing croquet with the governor, or feverishly analzying your stock portfolios you may wish to browse the numerous other threads which offer intellectual stimulation.

Tally Ho, Flash ... Beefeaters and Tonic at the Club after the polo match tomorrow, as usual? :lol:

:lol: :headbang

s***, when I noticed you replied to this thread I was expecting much worse.

Flash ... :cheers

I don't bite, really.

We even had a nice evening out with the quickmans over the weekend, hit two hot spots in Bridgeport and drove Mrs. quickman and Mrs. JimH by the ballpark. Didn't swear at one another or anything. :lol:

I personally would like to apologize if my comments ruined anyones browsing experience on Soxtalk.  Perhaps when several of you are finished eating your caviar, playing croquet with the governor, or feverishly analzying your stock portfolios you may wish to browse the numerous other threads which offer intellectual stimulation.

LMAO. :cheers

Nationals GM Jim Bowden has Jose Rijo attempting to recruit free agent Odalis Perez in the Dominican Republic.

The ex-Expos are already without second- and third-round picks, so what's one more selection? If the left-hander will only get $5 million per year or so, signing Perez would easily qualify as the team's best move of the winter

Interesting. I would take him at $5 million any day.

News on Koskie;

Corey Koskie is willing to take less money from the Twins, but he'll want a no-trade clause in return.

"I can't take a hit here, then get traded somewhere," he said. According to his agent, Koskie has a three-year, $16 million contract on the table from an undisclosed team. However, the third baseman might still be willing to stay in Minnesota for $9 million-$10 million over two years. That'd be a pretty good deal for the Twins. Dec. 9 - 3:17 am et

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

And news on Polanco;

The Cardinals hope to sign Placido Polanco to act as their second baseman and leadoff hitter.

If the Cardinals give up on bringing in a top pitcher after re-signing Matt Morris, then they might be able to afford both Edgar Renteria and Polanco. Mark Grudzielanek, Roberto Alomar and Miguel Cairo could be more affordable options at second base. Dec. 9 - 3:07 am et

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Yankees to make offer for Pavano and so have the Marlins;

"The Marlins have offered Pavano a three-year, $21 million deal. Burnett and another Marlins player both said they expect Pavano to sign with the Red Sox."

"One pitcher who probably won't be on the mound with Leiter is right-hander Carl Pavano. Although the Marlins offered the 18-game winner salary arbitration Tuesday, the team's three-year, $21 million offer is significantly lower than the four-year, $40 million deal the Detroit Tigers reportedly have made."

"Pavano met with the Seattle Mariners yesterday and will meet with the Angels. The Yankees were waiting until the end of his tour to make a formal offer, believed to be for four years and about $40 million."

Fox Sports is reporting the Braves and A's are working on a deal with Giles for Hudson.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3147160

Already reported in the Tim hudson thread.

Found this on Troy Glaus, could impact the Tiggies with Steve Finley possibly;

The Diamondbacks today will announce the signing of Troy Glaus to a four-year, $45 million contract.

Gulp. Glaus is an $11 million-per-year player if healthy, but that's one risky signing. His arrival in Arizona will push Chad Tracy to either right field or first base, depending on what happens over the rest of the winter. Dec. 9 - 5:06 am et

And the Padres STILL trying to dump Ryan Klesko;

The Mariners and Padres may be talking about a deal that would sent Ryan Klesko and Sean Burroughs to Seattle for Randy Winn and Scott Spiezio.

It might make some sense for the Padres if Jeremy Reed is included. Even if something can be worked out, there's not much of a chance that Klesko would accept a trade to Seattle. Dec. 9 - 4:36 am et

Look for Randy Johnson to be a Yankee within a few days.

Yeah he won't accept a trade to any other team than the Yankees now. The three team deal including the White Sox has been rumored that it's heating up over the past day or so.

An NL source told Newsday that Randy Johnson has informed Arizona he will only waive his no-trade clause to go the Yankees.

It's becoming more likely that Arizona will just keep Johnson, but it would be a surprise if the Diamondbacks and Yankees don't have another round or two of talks before the start of spring training. Dec. 9 - 5:13 am et