White Sox Sign Jermaine Dye

EvilJester99

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN is also reporting that sources are still mentioning as possible the three way trade with the Yankees and Diamondbacks that results in us getting Vazquez.

That woould be tight....

The rotation would be set for awhile with alot of talent all under the age of 33.

7 To get Orlando Cabera

5 to Get a Sp

And just enough left over in the 75 mill projected payroll, to pay Polanco to sell Peanuts!

By my calculations you have us spending $81 (you edited down a little but not quite enough) million of our $75 million budget.

I'm guessing that they're trading for Vazquez and signing someone to fill the middle infielder spot. I'm hoping for Renteria but it will probably be someone cheaper. I'd be happy with Cabrera too.

That would put us a little over budget and the trade would still leave us looking for a 5th starter and a little short at first base since Garland and Konerko are part of the trade. I'm not real worried about first base as I think Gload, Dye and Thomas can handle it. Might be ugly at times fielding wise. And, my guess is that KW tries to pull off another Loiaza and sign some cheap pitcher (maybe Esteban himself) to fill the 5th spot.

It's not perfect but it could work. If they could add Edgar Renteria as part of this I would be ecstatic.

GREAT SIGNING KENNY!

I'm so enthusiastic about Jermaine. I really think he could have a great season with us! :headbang  :headbang

I'm happy with this signning also. I think it's solid move, not a great one, but solid. A few more moves like this and we should be in good shape heading into the season.

thomsonmi, I was going on SouthSide, prediction that we have 63mil signed which leaves 12 mil to play with

7 for OC

5 for SP

And then Polcanco can sell the peanuts..Best use for him for the SOX

I thought so...

but I believe we are now at $69 mill after Dye and Hermanson.

Until one of Dye Famous injuries..So we have 6 months till then, Maybe less.

That's really not a fair assessment. He had that horrid broken leg in the playoffs and has taken a couple of years to get over it. That was a freak accident. Not the type of thing that deserves an "injury prone" label on a guy.

That's really not a fair assessment.  He had that horrid broken leg in the playoffs and has taken a couple of years to get over it.  That was a freak accident.  Not the type of thing that deserves an "injury prone" label on a guy.

Yeah the guy had what some considered may have been career threating in the ALCS when he fouled a ball of his tibula or fibula or one of those... how is it famous? thats just not fair to say about the guy

If he stinks it up then go for it...tear him a new asshole... until then just shut up!