slick03

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So many posts...so little news.

I think we oughta' just wait for the Podsednik deal to go down.

I just have to think the Podsednik move would be the move to get the overall "plan" in motion. Lee going to the Brewers would free up the salary to take on one of those front-line pitchers. Who knows guys...this could be a great move when it is all said and done.

As dense as Kenny is, I really don't think he'd trade Caballo and only get Podsednik in return. C'mon. He's still the general manager for a professional ball club.

As dense as Kenny is, I really don't think he'd trade Caballo and only get Podsednik in return.  C'mon.  He's still the general manager for a professional ball club.

yeah, I agree... if that goes down then he would have to announce another move right away using the salary he dumped...

As dense as Kenny is, I really don't think he'd trade Caballo and only get Podsednik in return.  C'mon.  He's still the general manager for a professional ball club.

He's also very good at evaluating talent. I have faith in whoever may come along with Pod.

I looked at ginters stats. this anit so bad

we get:

19 homers (ginter

70 steals (pod)

We give:

30 homers (lee

I made a post about this in the other thread. If Ginter had as many at-bats as Carlos, he would've had 29 home runs (extrapolation). That's not playing in US Cellular Field.

I looked at ginters stats. this anit so bad

we get:

19 homers (ginter

70 steals (pod)

We give:

30 homers (lee

I think Spod hit 12 HR's last year as well.

He needs to get back to what he did in 2003, which was hit singles up the middle adn steal a base.

Lots more OF's will be available after 12/20.

Podsednik will be 29 next season.

He's had ONE good year in the major leagues, one below average year (other than steals)

He's not going to improve much, if any. There's a reason the guy didn't get to the big leagues until he was 27.

He is what he is -- an average hitter with marginal power who IS not extraordinarily skilled at getting on base. An on-base percentage of .313 blows for a leadoff guy.

And he's had five assists each of the last two seasons.

Ginter will also be 29 next season. He's a better power hitter, but looks like a guy who really doesn't have a position because they bounce him around.

Sorry, but Carlos Lee is worth much more than these two.

One thing Gammons said interested me and that was Rios and Lilly for Hudson. Personally I am surprised that Beane wants Lilly back considering he unloaded him in the first place (don't remember if he was a FA or dealt, but I think he was dealt).

Anyway remember Sox are talking with the Jays and it makes sense that they could get Rios in a deal involving Konerko. Doubt they could get Lillly too, but Batista and instead of Lilly give them Garland or Batista and maybe something else (from the Sox) and they could be interested.

I'm in the school library right now. I swear if they pull off a deal and then announce another move (say Huddy or RJ or whoever) I think I'll be getting dragged out of the library for screaming so loud :lol:

Podsednik will be 29 next season.

He's had ONE good year in the major leagues, one below average year (other than steals)

He's not going to improve much, if any. There's a reason the guy didn't get to the big leagues until he was 27.

He is what he is -- an average hitter with marginal power who IS not extraordinarily skilled at getting on base. An on-base percentage of .313 blows for a leadoff guy.

And he's had five assists each of the last two seasons.

Ginter will also be 29 next season. He's a better power hitter, but looks like a guy who really doesn't have a position because they bounce him around.

I agree, but if they get a very good prospect or something else quite valuable out of Mil then it could make things interesting, especially when you see what the Sox do with the payroll flexibility. Ie who would they sign.

No s***. That's why he makes almost four times what they do combined.

Do you not understand that there could be alterior motives in this trade? With extra money we have some flexibility in the FA market.

No s***.  That's why he makes almost four times what they do combined.

Do you not understand that there could be alterior motives in this trade?  With extra money we have some flexibility in the FA market.

to sign who? Who is still out there other than Clement that is any good?

My only fear with this trade...

Trading Carlos may take us out of the Randy Johnson hunt.  I thought Carlos Lee and Jon Garland would be the basis of a deal with Arizona.  If Carlos is dished, I'm scared.

Turns out they want Garcia or Buehrle as well. :lol: