MVP Baseball 2005

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
eh that team going to be a butcher in the field lol  :banghead

Haha yeah. Well I plan to do a few deals to get players where they are actually playing their primary position. I just have to see what I can get. The best part is how cheap most of the players are contract wise right now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a fantasy draft, and from what I can remember...

CF Rich Thompson

2B Rickie Weeks

LF Albert Pujols

1B Derrek Lee

3B Alex Rodriguez

DH Richie Sexson

RF Austin Kearns

SS Alex Cintron

C Toby Hall

Bench:

CF Joey Gathright

SS Russ Adams

That's all I can remember

1. Roy Halladay

2. Dontrelle Willis

3. Brandon Webb

4. Horacio Ramirez

5. Jeremy Bonderman

Salomon Torres

Brad Halsey

Kent Mercker

Francisco Rodriguez

One more guy I can't remember

I'm 47-3 in the second year of my owner mode. My lineup is stacked and Aramis Rameriez is the oldest positional player at the age of 27. My lineup is:

Baldeli

Uribe

Miggy Cabrera

David Wright

Aramis Rameriez

Joe Mauer

Derek Lee

Aaron Rowand

Rollins

Bench:

Hairston

J. Reed

Byrnes

Morneau

Rotation:

Prior

Zambrano

Francis (top prospect)

Joe Kennedy

Kyle Lohse

I should probably move on to MVP mode.

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
MVP 2005 is so sweet..

It's so hard to read the pitches though. I don't even understand how the color coding is a advantage at all..

i thought that at first too, but practice, they really do help alot.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
i thought that at first too, but practice, they really do help alot.

They help a ton.

white=fast

green=change

red=breaking

orange=knuckle

thats all i know

thats all they eve throw though.

The game has some serious problems though...

I am playin on MVP with sliders fixed... I have MAXED out contact and power for me with -30 contact for the computer and LAA beat me yesterday 14 - 1 they had 27 hits and I had 5

whats the point of sliders if they arent gonna work?

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
They help a ton.

white=fast

green=change

red=breaking

orange=knuckle

thats all i know

thats all they eve throw though.

You can look to see what color each pitcher's pitches are going to be by pressing one of the buttons. It's been awhile since I've played, so I forget, but I think it's the one that shows the previous at bats. Maybe the white one?

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Pro?

I cant play on anything that low or the computer doesnt score a damn run.. Ill tell you what though, I have gotten real good at drawing walks.. I drew 10 walks the other night in one game, 11 total but one was intentional..

the sliders made it harder.

Pro was the most fun level, the rest you just felt cheated. at least for me.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Well MVP with fixed sliders is as close as I have gotten it so far.. i might try the sliders on pro.. but im really trying to get the game realistic..

So far hitting has been the worst part about it

I agree hitting is hard in that game when you play on a high level.

I'm 30-11 so far with an 14 game wiinning streak. I am on Pro, and my Bullpen is ridicoulsy awesome somehow.

Lineup:

Rocco Baldeli-CF

Ruben Sierra-LF/DH/1B-He's doing awesome hitting in the high '300s

Pujos-1B/DH/LF

Thomas-1B/DH

Shawn Green-RF

Randy Winn-3B/LF-Does well playing 3B

Jack Wilson-SS

Yorit Torralba-C

Adam Kennedy-2B

Bench:

Jason Larue-C

Dallas McPherson-3B

Willie Harris-Util

Jose Cruz Jr.-OF

Rotation:

Smoltz

Prior

Kim

Ohka

Kip Wells

Pen:

Izzy

Rhodes

Kotch

Affeldt

Graves

Merker

Hermenson

Can someone reassure me that Owner mode isnt the gayest thing ever?

I started an owner mode with Cleveland, turned fair trades off, traded all high priced people for low priced superstars.. my lineup was

SS Figgins

CF Damon

LF Dunn

1B Texiera

DH Hafner

RF Bay

3B Blalock

C Martinez

2B Belliard

SP Westbrook

SP Santana

SP O. Perez

SP D Train

SP Sabathia

MR Nathan

SU K Rod

CL Lidge

My payroll was low, and I went to the World Series all 3 years, won 2 of them, and somehow was in debt into the 30 millions and got fired..

I do not understand it one bit, I have NEVER had one work right.. someone plese, tell me what I am doing wrong here, because I wanna make a stadium and its frustrating as HELL !!! :angry:

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 06:04 AM)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the middle of my second season and have 30,000 seats and just about every food stand and store.

Maybe you should try raising your ticket prices and food prices, but not too high or nobody will come.

I had every food stand and found that my concession expenses were way too high. I sold back two of every vendor/stand, other than the specialty stands and started making much more money immediately. If you think about it, the stadium has an ultimate capacity of around 50,000 seats. At that point you will need every food stand. Until then, your expenses are too high and your revenues will not support them until you can fill all the seats.

I have 33,000 seats by the way.

Just thought of something, don't have the heart to look through this thread, but felt it was worth mentioning just in case.

The reason Brendan Donnely and Kevin Millar don't appear in the game is due to the fact they were scabs during the strike of the mid-90's. I would assume they are not part of the MLBPA, therefore negating all chances of them being in the game.

Also, just a quick question: when you purchase legends through the MVP rewards, where can you go to access these guys?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Also, just a quick question: when you purchase legends through the MVP rewards, where can you go to access these guys?

They were in the free agents list for me. I haven't used them in this years game yet, so it might have changed from last year.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
The reason Brendan Donnely and Kevin Millar don't appear in the game is due to the fact they were scabs during the strike of the mid-90's.  I would assume they are not part of the MLBPA, therefore negating all chances of them being in the game.

I think they are all numbered 86.

Just thought of something, don't have the heart to look through this thread, but felt it was worth mentioning just in case.

The reason Brendan Donnely and Kevin Millar don't appear in the game is due to the fact they were scabs during the strike of the mid-90's.  I would assume they are not part of the MLBPA, therefore negating all chances of them being in the game.

Create a player named Katie Roy and it will unlock everything in the game, just save your profile after that and your set

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Pro?

I cant play on anything that low or the computer doesnt score a damn run.. Ill tell you what though, I have gotten real good at drawing walks.. I drew 10 walks the other night in one game, 11 total but one was intentional..

I've never been able to draw walks, I swing at the 1st decent pitch I get, I don't strike out much, either.