MVP Baseball 2005

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
My relationship with my ps2 is love hate. Sometimes I'll play it everyday for two weeks, then I won't play it for a month. I'm just back into the ps2 mode for now. I'll get sick of it by next week.

I am the same way. Sometimes I lose interest for awhile.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
My relationship with my ps2 is love hate. Sometimes I'll play it everyday for two weeks, then I won't play it for a month. I'm just back into the ps2 mode for now. I'll get sick of it by next week.

Ditto here. During winter break I played my ps2 for hours each day, now that it's baseball season I haven't played in a while.

I don't lose interest in it, but I've become too busy nowadays where I don't think about it. I used to be one of those guys who would anticipate a game release for months. Now I'm just, oh, Live is coming out tommorow, I think I'll pick up a copy.

I try to PS2 whenever I can, but usually there's a conflict. That's why I've only gone through 3 seasons since winning my 7th WS championship in MVP.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
Man, I've had this game for like 3 months now and I still have 20 games left in my first season. I need to quit my girlfriend, job, and school and just concentrate on this for a while  :P

:lol: I'm thinking the same thing. I'm still in September of my first season but I doubt I ever go back to it now. Online is so much better.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
I don't lose interest in it, but I've become too busy nowadays where I don't think about it. I used to be one of those guys who would anticipate a game release for months. Now I'm just, oh, Live is coming out tommorow, I think I'll pick up a copy.

I try to PS2 whenever I can, but usually there's a conflict. That's why I've only gone through 3 seasons since winning my 7th WS championship in MVP.

NCAA Football 2006 is coming, you can bet your ass I will be counting down the days till it is released and I will be there an hour early to pick up my copy like I have done for the past 5 years :D

The roster update is up and well its not that spectacular. Iguchi is added and thats it. No Widger, No Ozuna with Frank and Ben Davis having their roster places and worst of all.... Viz is still in AAA with Felix Diaz in the pen :banghead

EDIT: I spoke too soon, the worst part of the updates is that now the cubs are ranked as the #1 team in the game :puke

Sox are 9 BTW

So i go to play online today and im set up against this Icon somethin guy and in the first inning i got his guy to 1-2 so i throw a pitch-out and he swings to strike out. He went to the chat typed in "UR GAY" then quit. So i go and look and this guy is ranked #2 online with a record of 550-43 or somethin like that. So I am one of the few loses he has! :bang

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
So i go to play online today and im set up against this Icon somethin guy and in the first inning i got his guy to 1-2 so i throw a pitch-out and he swings to strike out. He went to the chat typed in "UR GAY" then quit. So i go and look and this guy is ranked #2 online with a record of 550-43 or somethin like that. So I am one of the few loses he has! :bang

Hahahaha. That's some s*** right there...

...... _____

....../.........\

.__/............\

...................\___

^Zach Grienkes curveball. Its insane and 56mph

After you throw it go to pitch analysis and look at it from a side view.

He is the reason ive been using the royals online. No one can hit it everyone is done swinging by the time it reaches the plate. Then they wait to sit on it and you hit em with a 92mph fast ball. HE GAWN

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
...... _____

....../.........\

.__/............\

...................\___

^Zach Grienkes curveball. Its insane and 56mph

After you throw it go to pitch analysis and look at it from a side view.

He is the reason ive been using the royals online. No one can hit it everyone is done swinging by the time it reaches the plate. Then they wait to sit on it and you hit em with a 92mph fast ball. HE GAWN

Not to mention a nasty change too.

Ok, i started an online game at about 11 and wanted to do a "quick" one before i went to bed. i was the royals and he was the red sox. Online games are only 5 innings long if you didnt know but it took me 14. 0-0 until then when i got a single with berora and stole 2nd. Some guy hits a foul pop to his Jay payton playing first (i questioned it when he put him in there) and when he gets it he throws to third so i didnt tag. It goes way over his head hits the wall and goes into the OF where no one is and Berora comes home to score. :D

Ok, i started an online game at about 11 and wanted to do a "quick" one before i went to bed. i was the royals and he was the red sox. Online games are only 5 innings long if you didnt know but it took me 14. 0-0 until then when i got a single with berora and stole 2nd. Some guy hits a foul pop to his Jay payton playing first (i questioned it when he put him in there) and when he gets it he throws to third so i didnt tag. It goes way over his head hits the wall and goes into the OF where no one is and Berora comes home to score.  :D

Awesome. :lolhitting

I just clinched the division in the 3rd week of september (i only play 1/2 of my games, manage the other 1/2)

Todd Helton is the MVP leader w/ 60 HRS and 130 Rbi's

Victor Zambrano is the Cy Young leader w/ a 18-5 REcord and 2.95 ERA.

Both of whom are on my team (fantasy draft)

I had an 18 inning game today online. It was so terrible. I was playing the Mets. In the 15th, they scored one and I come back and tie it up. Then in the bottom of the 17th, Crede hits a line shot over the wall in left but Cliff Floyd robs me of a homerun and the next half inning Beltran hits a home run off the foulpole down the leftfield line.

My next game I beat the Cubs in 8, 6-5. Gooch hit a two-out, game tying 3 run homer off of Latroy. Then Dye hit a tying home run in the 7th, and Rowand hit a walkoff in the 8th.

If anyone ever wants to play online, lemme know and I'll set something up.

Haha I tried using the Royals earlier tonight and lost 1-0. Their offense is awful and Sweeney got thrown out at home on what would have been my only run. The Red Sox had one hit off Greinke and it was a solo home run..

Edit: If you see this, I'm not gonna be on again tonight because I have work early tomorrow. I should be on later tomorrow night around 9. Lemme know if your planning on playing any of those times, I should be on just about every night after 9.

Edited by whitesoxin'

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Haha I tried using the Royals earlier tonight and lost 1-0. Their offense is awful and Sweeney got thrown out at home on what would have been my only run. The Red Sox had one hit off Greinke and it was a solo home run..

Edit: If you see this, I'm not gonna be on again tonight because I have work early tomorrow. I should be on later tomorrow night around 9. Lemme know if your planning on playing any of those times, I should be on just about every night after 9.

I just lost my first game 1-0 in 9 innings. I streatched Greink too long. He had a no hitter against the angels till the 7th.

Ill just look for you on AIM tomarrow night then. I got your name from your profile.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)

Actually if he quit in the 1st inning, the game doesnt count at all and doesnt go against you DNF's